2015; Player X or Player Y or Player Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laverde t

Laverde to Freeman
blease to karnezis
hurn to ibbotson or webster

That free's up 190K, still cant get Steven as well.

Although, if i drop Hurn and Hibbered for Wankster and Shibbotson and then downgrade one of the mid rookies to Saad (gives me the def/mid MPP) I can fit Steven in.

You got me juggling again.

That free's up 190K, still cant get Steven as well.

Although, if i drop Hurn and Hibbered for Wankster and Shibbotson and then downgrade one of the mid rookies to Saad (gives me the def/mid MPP) I can fit Steven in.

You got me juggling again.

happy to be of service!

Can someone please explain all the love for Ibbo? I get that finding value in the backline will get you ahead of the curve this year but he's way to up and down to be a D6 and looking at his history he doesn't look like he'll generate much cash, has too many down games that will through his 3 round average out.
only half a year as a 90+ average... What am I missing?

Can someone please explain all the love for Ibbo? I get that finding value in the backline will get you ahead of the curve this year but he's way to up and down to be a D6 and looking at his history he doesn't look like he'll generate much cash, has too many down games that will through his 3 round average out.

The hope that if he is fit and firing he will be able to maintain that average all year.

Same hope that keeps Waters in the equation.

The love from Ibbo stems from a larger love of "Consider all players with an injury discount, regardless of if they were a good SC scorer in the past"
Remember Rohan last year, a lot of people thought he got supercoach relevance implanted at the same time he got his knee done.

The love from Ibbo stems from a larger love of "Consider all players with an injury discount, regardless of if they were a good SC scorer in the past"
Remember Rohan last year, a lot of people thought he got supercoach relevance implanted at the same time he got his knee done.

Ibbotson and Rohan are different. Rohan was relevant because he was rookie priced and looking to break into the team.

Ibbotson has shown in the past he is capable of good SC scores, manged a 13 game streak with an average of 94.5 before missing the last few games.

If he can get back to his best after an interrupted year and a decent preseason, then he would be worth while. Injury is the big risk factor there.

Anyone who has potential will be considered in the back line this year.

Ibbotson and Rohan are different. Rohan was relevant because he was rookie priced and looking to break into the team.

Ibbotson has shown in the past he is capable of good SC scores, manged a 13 game streak with an average of 94.5 before missing the last few games.

If he can get back to his best after an interrupted year and a decent preseason, then he would be worth while. Injury is the big risk factor there.

He played a ridiculous 99% game time a couple of seasons ago when he went on his good run of scoring, not sure if that'll be replicated.

Agreed with your points that Ibbo had a hell of a lot more SC relevence pre-injury than Rohan.

I was referring to the fact that everyone loves a bargain when on a budget, and do not fully consider what they are getting into. (insert Black Friday sales meme here).

However, I have just looked at Ibbo's price for the first time and it looks like he didn't receive a discount after all. Therefore, I have NFI why people are putting him in. As you said, everyone with potential gets looked at.

Agreed with your points that Ibbo had a hell of a lot more SC relevence pre-injury than Rohan.

I was referring to the fact that everyone loves a bargain when on a budget, and do not fully consider what they are getting into. (insert Black Friday sales meme here).

However, I have just looked at Ibbo's price for the first time and it looks like he didn't receive a discount after all. Therefore, I have NFI why people are putting him in. As you said, everyone with potential gets looked at.

Name a defender who'll increase in $value?

Ibbo is one
waters is another

Assumes both are injury free for the 1st 6 weeks or so

He had an off season last year, wasn't at full fitness. His discount didn't come from an injury affected season, it came from the fact he wasn't playing at full capacity.

Another preseason under his belt will do wonders for him.

It's the same premise everyone is using to justify Steven, isn't coming back from injury this year, just a down year on the back of starting it injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played a ridiculous 99% game time a couple of seasons ago when he went on his good run of scoring, not sure if that'll be replicated.

That is a hugely important stat. Couldn't see him getting much more than 80 min at most this year.

Where did you get that stat from, what was his average game time over the 13 games?

It's the same premise everyone is using to justify Steven, isn't coming back from injury this year, just a down year on the back of starting it injured.

Reading the Saints board, may be carrying an injury ATM as well, wasn't at open training today.

Kep an eye on Rohan in preseasob. If he goes back and starts filling Malceski's role, could go large. Forgive last year. He was way down on confidence and still not 100%. Another preseason and the right role and he may be worth a look.

Reading the Saints board, may be carrying an injury ATM as well, wasn't at open training today.

On the plus side though, it makes my decision of him or TMitch all the easier.

Any idea what it is, didn't look 100% for most of last year (I didn't see all his matches though), thought he may have had a niggle then and expected him to go for some clean up surgery at the end of the year.

Hopefully nothing serious, s**t to see when a player finally reaches their potential only to never get back there again.

Kep an eye on Rohan in preseasob. If he goes back and starts filling Malceski's role, could go large. Forgive last year. He was way down on confidence and still not 100%. Another preseason and the right role and he may be worth a look.

By all accounts, will be competing with Rampe, Smith and McViegh for a more SC friendly role. Hopefully they actually try a bit in the NAB cup and we get a proper look at the desired set up.

On the plus side though, it makes my decision of him or TMitch all the easier.

Any idea what it is, didn't look 100% for most of last year (I didn't see all his matches though), thought he may have had a niggle then and expected him to go for some clean up surgery at the end of the year.

Hopefully nothing serious, s**t to see when a player finally reaches their potential only to never get back there again.

Not much said, only he was a notable absence and others weren't saying too much about it.

Saints BF board has it on over there.

FWIW, it might be another Jack S from the Seaford that is SC relevant this year! ;)

That is a hugely important stat. Couldn't see him getting much more than 80 min at most this year.

Where did you get that stat from, what was his average game time over the 13 games?

Check out the %P figures for 2013, it's actually 97.8% but that's still pretty insane and much higher than 2012.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/G/Garrick_Ibbotson.html

Looking at last season however, outside of 3 games where he probably got injured or was a sub, he didn't play less than 91% of time on ground in games either.

Not much said, only he was a notable absence and others weren't saying too much about it.

Saints BF board has it on over there.

FWIW, it might be another Jack S from the Seaford that is SC relevant this year! ;)

Will keep an eye out in the NAB :thumbsu:

Name a defender who'll increase in $value?

Ibbo is one
waters is another

Assumes both are injury free for the 1st 6 weeks or so
Yep, there's those 2 (provided they find previous form and remain injury free) + C Pearce in Freo.
Waiting for the NAB for a few more. The Dogs will have Biggs (not a def) Darley JJ, Hambling and others all competing for the Higgins role. Swans have a few names going for Mals role. With a few teams with new coaches, who knows which SC listed defenders will be used in new roles.

Yep, there's those 2 (provided they find previous form and remain injury free) + C Pearce in Freo.
Waiting for the NAB for a few more. The Dogs will have Biggs (not a def) Darley JJ, Hambling and others all competing for the Higgins role. Swans have a few names going for Mals role. With a few teams with new coaches, who knows which SC listed defenders will be used in new roles.
Reckon Biggs will slot straight into that backline, bit of a farce he's a Mid only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back