Mega Thread 2015 Pre-Season Training Reports #ffcpreseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy because we don't let him kick! In fact game day it is usually me shouting "handball it Zac" (love the way he plays though)
Yep, knows his strengths and his weaknesses. A lot of younger AFL players could learn from Zac - don't always try to do too much.

Anyone notice this quote

Michael Walters, Chris Mayne, Matthew Pavlich, Zac Clarke and Ballantyne worked very closely together as a forward group and Mayne used the end of the session to work on his goal kicking routine.

I think Tabs may not play due to lack of match practice as surely he would be in this group right ?

Keen observation, but from that group there's five, which technically would leave one more. Wouldn't rule Tabs out.

Would love to see Blakely make his debut this weekend, he deserves his shot after his pre season. Hopefully Weller is not far behind but with a fully fit list nearly, he will have to wait a bit longer I think.

Unless he was leading up the ground and the others were working close to goal. IIRC Ross did say Tabs would have to have a run (wafl) so that may be the case. The interesting thing is that it didn't mention Hannath as a forward either, so if Tabs doesn't play we have the unfortunate situation of Clarke being our second tall forward again, when he is not in the ruck.
Or Mayne playing as a tall. RTB said in his 6pr interview that Mayne had played 'high' last year and this year they will play him more as a tall.

Or Mayne playing as a tall. RTB said in his 6pr interview that Mayne had played 'high' last year and this year they will play him more as a tall.
Yeah, he might play tall but it doesn't mean he is tall. We need another big body that can impose himself on the contest so Pav gets some relief.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont let asada see that, it would be enough evidence to charge him with doping for them.

Which reminds me: I cooked filet mignon last night. Seasoned it with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, sesame oil, minced onions...but no clenbuterol to bring out the pinkness, like that unnamed New Zealand steakhouse. :rolleyes:

Which reminds me: I cooked filet mignon last night. Seasoned it with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, sesame oil, minced onions...but no clenbuterol to bring out the pinkness, like that unnamed New Zealand steakhouse. :rolleyes:
Doc Larkins said a player would have to eat a whole cow to test positive to clenbuterol. :)
How the Aussie cyclist got away with that I'll never know. Oh wait .....its cycling

Just got back from training myself and was pleasantly surprised to see most of our squad training today. Even Sean Hurley was out training, and rumour has it that he will play his first game for Peel reserves on Saturday.

I won't cover what has already been posted, but Ballantyne, Duffield, Crozier, Suban, Mzungu, Barlow, Pearce and Taberner all did the full session without any problems.

Connor Blakely and Lachie Weller trained with the main squad, however Blakely was continually taken out of the match sims and did light kicking and running instead. He was moving well so I think that he was just being managed. Connor is my tip for the sub on Sunday.

The WAFL boys trained separately under Marc Webb and included all of the usual suspects, plus a now clean shaven Michael Apeness.

Alex Silvagni just ran laps and looks close to resuming full training to me, but what would I know?

Zac Dawson was spotted in the gym and didn't make an appearance. We won't see Zac until round 5 I have been reliably informed.:(

No sign of Mora or Sylvia either, however Crowls started off with the WAFL boys but then joined in on the match sims and played in defence.

The match sims featured the main side in red training bibs, and the second side which wore yellow and included Matt De Boer.

It was all about end to end match sims and centre clearances today, plus multiple goal kicking practice. Sadly Sonny's radar was a bit off today, but the goal kicking did improve as the session went on. Ross was very vocal out there today and wasn't shy on telling anyone if they messed up.

David Mundy was superb, as was Luke McPharlin who once again matched up on Pav.

I also thought that Tommy T-Train Sheridan was outstanding today.

The named squad will definitely train again on Good Friday, however as Groundskeeper Pat was away today I am not sure if it is at Freo Oval or a closed session at Subi.

#ffcpreseason
South Freo colts begin at 12:45 so I'd assume they'd be elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back