Player Sponsorship 2015 prize draw - time to draw some jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladies and Gents,

I've received notification from HFC of the first of the player sponsorship events.

2015 Hawthorn Football Club Player Sponsorship Cocktail Function

Date: Tuesday 12th May, 2015
Time: 5.30pm
Venue: Melbourne Gallery, Melbourne Museum, 11 Nicholson St, Carlton.

Dress Code: Smart Casual

We have six tickets to raffle off to this function. Tickets are for members of the sponsorship syndicate only. If you wish to take a partner or child, we are allowed up to four extra tickets per sponsorship ticket winner at $100 each for an adult or $85 per child.

The draw will be happening this week

1. Our raffle drawer this year is well known bon vivant, raconteur and super mod Doss .
2. For the function tickets, I'll offer the first tickets drawn out the right of first refusal. If you can't attend we move down the list of drawn tickets until all six places are filled.
3. If you are unable to attend (live interstate, etc), your ticket will go back in the draw and remain live.
4. We ideally need to give HFC names by 1st May. We usually get a little wriggle room though.
5. People that have attended the function in the past have also assisted in getting the rest of the prize pool to me. Namely the signed jumpers that are part of the package. If you are willing to assist me by taking temporary (;)) custody, you won't be out of pocket for postage costs and the like.

Any questions please PM me or post here.

Last edited:
The draw is being made this evening and successful members will be contacted by PM tonight. If anyone refuses, the next cab off the rank will be contacted over the next few days.

ilmc
Garf
Agent Smith
LindaCresLove hawksg

Check your inbox for logistic information.

I still have one ticket for tomorrow night. Given my inability to fill the sixth spot so far I'll open it to any member of the player sponsorship syndicate. It will cost you a ticket for the jumper draws though.

Congrats to the winners, hope you have a great time!

I am very impressed Messenger that you are able to find a well known bon vivant and raconteur to make the draw each year :thumbsu:

BigFooty is absolutely chockers with them. Amazing.

Hi all, just got home from the Game (in this case Player Sponsor Night);)
I must thank Messenger for his efforts in making it all happen.
It was an absolute privilege to be part of the event, and to be in such exulted company, and to meet other Big Footy posters, fine folk one and all.
FWIW, everyone was very nice to Shoey.

Well what a great evening ! Thanks to Messenger and all at BF for making this happen. It was also really good to finally meet some fellow BF Hawks in person !

The venue was fairly relaxed and any concerns about what to eat were quickly put to rest... food and drink in abundance. So we abunded ! There was a brief time to meet and greet some players, and to take in some of the fine exhibits at the Melbourne Gallery, including that fairly unsafe looking roller coaster car that once ran at Luna Park. Two other great Aussie champs were there, Phar Lap (a Kiwi ?? but we'll claim that one), and MC Peter Knights.

Jumper presentations were soon underway, after addresses by Spangh and Hodgey. We had to wait a while until 37, 39 and 45 but it was great to see the genuine vibes of goodness that existed between players and sponsors. There were some apologies, notably from Clarko, Mitch, Taz (he was on TV), Gibbo, Birch and Poppy. Hodgey presented jumpers in their absence, so it wasn't a complete disappointment for their recipients !

For the last hour and a half we caught up with our boys, and I had a good chat with Woody and a brief one with JML. I forgot how young these guys were, though Jermaine is really determined to make most of his opportunities, and he is spoken very highly of by his team mates. Our presented jumpers signed and placed into safe keeping, it was then time to meet some more of the players. I ended up with a sore neck chatting to the tall timber, Hale, Frawley and young Pittonet, then compared NZ travel notes with Kurt and Shem. While Kurt says he's still learning the game, I think he's not far from completing his education !

More trays of food passed by. The players politely refused while I politely obliged.

Shem is one big bloody unit. He's as nice a character as you could meet, but the thought of tackling him on a footy field was something akin to tackling a fast moving semi trailer ! Hale and Frawley are hoping to be back in the brown and gold shortly, and Whitey is keen to make up for lost time.

Woody was great to talk to. The HFC is really lucky to have a great young group of players like Woody at the Club.

Oh, did I mention the food ? :)

It was quite an experience being there, and thanks again to all who made it happen !

Over the next three weeks we'll draw the jumpers we received at the sponsorship evening. All the jumpers are autographed.

And no, they are not Power Ranger specials.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The winner of the Alex Woodward jumper is Satchel

The winner of the Jermaine Miller-Lewis jumper is Davo23

PM me your addresses please, good folk.

The winner of the Alex Woodward jumper is Satchel

The winner of the Jermaine Miller-Lewis jumper is Davo23

PM me your addresses please, good folk.

Wow, thanks very much, I've never won anything before.

And to win a Hawthorn prize is just fantastic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can I ask a stupid question?
(And I've only been a member here for 14 years)

How do you PM?

Top right corner, click on the inbox tab and you'll see a link to Start a Conversation.

I need your address details to post the jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back