News 2015 SC Injuries & Suspensions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be super annoying if Brisbane don't put Beams in for surgery now and do when I have used my two trades.

I'm trading him out for Ablett this week.

Ballsy move but I am feeling like Mavrick from Top Gun!

View attachment 154789
Thinking the same thing. Beams has been good but someone has to make way for Gaz. If Beams is hindered it makes the decision a little easier.

It's out of him, Fyfe, Pendles, Danger, J Steven, Parker or Wines. Don't really want to get rid of any of them, but it's the only way I can get Ablett in.

Yeah but how well will he play with that shoulder injury now and will it only be a matter of "when" he gets mothballed for the rest of the season?
From experience I know a sub luxation of the shoulder is painful for about 3-4 days after the incident but tends to feel as good as new a week or so later. Only risk is there's a higher chance of it happening again or a full dislocation. He's been playing through shoulder discomfort for a while now and it hasn't really affected his scores at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From experience I know a sub luxation of the shoulder is painful for about 3-4 days after the incident but tends to feel as good as new a week or so later. Only risk is there's a higher chance of it happening again or a full dislocation. He's been playing through shoulder discomfort for a while now and it hasn't really affected his scores at all.

Beams' shoulder has looked s**t for ages now, hopefully he can carry it for the season.

I'm just trying to justify trading in Ablett and Beams seems to be the only way of doing it. :D:thumbsu:

Dayne Beams' injured right shoulder is hanging by a thread, with the star Brisbane Lions' midfielder believed to be contemplating surgery before season's end.
After carrying the injury for a number of weeks, Beams subluxed the shoulder against Melbourne last Sunday, but is expected to play against North Melbourne at the Gabba on Saturday night.
When asked about it on Wednesday, the 25-year-old was putting on a brave face.
"It's obviously a little bit sore at the moment," Beams said.
"I'm getting it strapped and it's staying in place.
"I think at this stage of the year, most AFL players are carrying something. For me it's no different.
"I'm still fronting up and going out there to play and it's not worrying me out there, I don't think about it.
"It's a little bit sore, but I'm right to go."
When asked whether he would see the season out, Beams was more hesitant.
"We'll have to wait and see, I'm not too sure at the moment," he said.
"That'll be up to myself and the medical stuff, projecting forward in a few weeks.
"We'll look at it and make a call from there."

Can't wait for Beams to play another few weeks with faulty scores, drop to 550k then go in for surgery just before the SC prelims.

I reckon Helmets in team colours would look cool. Make everyone wear them so we don't have to look at all the s**t haircuts and manbuns anymore.:rainbow:
I believe in 10 years time with all the soccer Mums bullshit mentality that is making our kids spoilt little Mummy's boys
turn to other less contact sports it will happen. Duty of care etc with concussion will make this a reality.
Flashing LED's on the helmet when player is out of his zone due to new congestion rules the new norm too?
Yeah you should try what I'm smoking, Ha, ha.

I reckon Helmets in team colours would look cool. Make everyone wear them so we don't have to look at all the s**t haircuts and manbuns anymore.:rainbow:
It's been done and it can't get cooler than this.

IMG_4726_%5B640x480%5D.JPG

I believe in 10 years time with all the soccer Mums bullshit mentality that is making our kids spoilt little Mummy's boys
turn to other less contact sports it will happen. Duty of care etc with concussion will make this a reality.
Flashing LED's on the helmet when player is out of his zone due to new congestion rules the new norm too?
Yeah you should try what I'm smoking, Ha, ha.
At least it still wouldn't have descended to the depths of the garbage transgendered yank game with their players wearing more armour than a tank battalion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back