List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt they will throw the kitchen sink at McCarthy and/or hogan over the next two off-seasons.
And that they think Fyfe will spend the first 12 weeks playing half forward. News is leg injury will limit his capacity to play on-ball early in 2016. Dockers placing a lot (too much) faith in Bennell being able to slot into their midfield straight away.

Classic case of missing their window I reckon. Sandilands, Pav, MacFarlane and Johnson were their keys to a premiership. All are now done - put a fork in them. Look for Ross to start looking for a job back in Melbourne around Rnd. 22 (cause contracts don't mean much these days anyway)

We happy lads? FYI once we settled on Gresham we were always taking White at pick our second pick. Not saying I knew it was Gresham but I did suspect he was one of four choices.
I think Trout learned his lesson from not drafting Touk Miller last year, he's been kicking himself ever since, this kid makes up for it plus some.
I know I've heard you mention that before about miller but are the guys unhappy with Mckenzie? Thought we were pretty excited to end up with him and thought they'd be more excited by his first year..

I was talking to an industry type last night, and we both thought that it could work...

Effectively;
FB: xxxx - Collins - Goddard
HB: xxxx - Carlisle - xxxx

That's assuming the modern setup of two key forwards and a resting ruck.

If not, then Carlisle becomes a giant 3rd tall/intercepter, or we swing him or Hughy forward to create a mismatch.

It's doable.
Yeah But Roberton is a gun already and must be there.

if we do take matho, it sends a clear message that we dont rate the inside game of 1 or 2 of armo, steven, ross, dunstan. you can't fit 5 into 3

steven potentially shifts to the outside with freeman coming in. mckenzie is a natural winger IMO

People seem to forget Acres. Acres is a big 190cm clearance player. Just turned 20.

It was a nice thought that we would get Matheison, but his presence may have stopped the Lions from putting a bid on Rice.
Imagine the dilemma if we had to choose between Matheison and Rice.
White is still a good draft pick that we weren't expecting.

There was no dilemma. We were never interested in Mathieson. This was nothing but a BS internet rumour because supposedly he barracks for the Saints. Nothing more than that and the club would not give a sh*t who guys barrack for.

Jesse Glass-McCasker...

Top 10 in the absolute standing vertical jump, the absolute running vertical jump and the agility run, all at 198cm 95kg.

Won the WA Champs MVP too at full back.

Undrafted. SMH.

Jesse Glass-McCasker (3/1/1997. 196cm, 95kg. Swan Districts)

Tall defender

AFL biography: Tall defender who is a great athlete, moving extremely well for a player of his size. Is versatile and can play at either end of the ground. Positions himself well in one-on-one duels and spoils strongly. Provides good run and carry for his team from defensive 50.

Averaged 8.2 possessions in five games at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

"Jesse is a power athlete. He's a good size and he has really good agility. He's strong in the contest with the ability to play as a running back as well as a lockdown defender. Off the field he's a quiet achiever with some leadership potential. He has two brothers; his mother lives in Perth and his father is in Geelong so when we played in Geelong during the national championships his dad got to see him play for the first time. He has very raw talent and all the athletic traits, but to improve he needs to keep working on his skills, his game sense and football knowledge."

Raff Guadagnino, WA talent manager
----------------------------------------

Personally, I'd look at playing him as a ruck/forward as well as a KPD.
Anyone interested in Oakleigh's Jack Firns via the RD?

Arguably an upgrade on Delaney going forward and now 195cm.
Toss up for mine between Glass-McCasker (WA), Firns (Vic) and Coughlan (NSW Academy) for one rookie spot, if they're all there at pick 5.

Coughlan was selected in the 2015 TAC Cup Team of the Year. 8 times in the bests for Murray Bushrangers. 6 votes in the Morrish Medal. He came 2nd in the kicking test at the combine and equal 5th in the goal-kicking. 19yo who also played 7 games for Footscray in the VFL this year.

From The Age combine harvester ....

Nick Coughlan (12/9/1996. 195cm, 83kg. Albury/Murray Bushrangers)

Tall Forward/defender

AFL biography: Tall forward or defender who reads the play well, is strong overhead and a penetrating kick. Impressed as a forward for NSW/ACT and the NAB AFL Academy, but switched to defence this year, playing well at VFL level with Footscray.

"Nick was a bit injury riddled last year. He played a bit of footy but had an ankle issue for a lot of the time and was disappointed not to get drafted but he responded really well. He got a good preseason in and because he'd finished school had a bit of flexibility: he went to uni in Melbourne and was able to experience a bit of the VFL program at Footscray. He got his confidence up early in the year playing as a key defender, and he had five or six games at VFL level where he did pretty well. He uses the ball well, he's a good size and he has plenty of scope for development."

Lee Fraser, Murray Bushrangers talent manager

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/trading-and-drafting/2015-afl-draft-combine-harvester-tall-defenders-20151008-gk48zo.html#ixzz3o8a7VU6x

Seriously **** off. Dont spin s**t and then come on here hindsight hero like you knew all along looking for slaps on the back. You told everyone the club was 100% on Matho which was crap. Just like you talked about Cameron and O'Meara - both also utter crap. Give it a rest. Are you saying we should have drafted Touk instead of McKenzie and Trout is kicking himself about it? Yes that is what you are saying. I hope you tell Daniel that. You are an imbecile.

You know it is possible to keep some opinions to yourself? This doesn't really add anything to the thread and if anything just makes more drama, just saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously **** off. Dont spin s**t and then come on here hindsight hero like you knew all along looking for slaps on the back. You told everyone the club was 100% on Matho which was crap. Just like you talked about Cameron and O'Meara - both also utter crap. Give it a rest. Are you saying we should have drafted Touk instead of McKenzie and Trout is kicking himself about it? Yes that is what you are saying. I hope you tell Daniel that. You are an imbecile.
Obviously comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours, neither is your attention span, is it a full moon where you are? Or perhaps mummy and daddy are asleep and you've gotten up early to use the computer? Back to bed little one......

Holysheet you guys are up early!

Great haul last night! Gresh to play round 1, rice to get 10 games in 2016 and same with b.white.

Not fussed with mathogate... False info or otherwise, it fuelled this thread for weeks and made it interesting right up to our pick 40. Just look at the attack on ball and kicking of b.white and you got to be happy with that!

Also keep watching the moment when b.white gets drafted... THATS the feels when st kilda drafts you.

Buying a membership today. GO saints!

Well the O'Meara one is correct. That can be accounted for by numerous media people, so you're wrong on that front.

geez you're a miserable bastard

AA means nothing. Most u 18 AA players never get drafted at all.

Not sure where you get your info from mate.

In 2014; of the draft-year players (not including underagers) ALL of them got picked up except for Jake Johansen.
In 2013: all were draft year players, 21/22 selected to play AFL.
In 2012: All players selected on an AFL list at some point (including Dayle Garlett)
In 2011: all except for 2 were drafted.
In 2010: all have been drafted
2009: all except for 3 were drafted.

So rookie draft? Who do we like the look of? Personally I think Gach Nyuon should be thought about, unless there is someone else in there we really like. He could still be anything.

How do you define 'sure'?
When you have people at the club sing his praises you kinda think how do we go past him. Considering the most I was ever told about gresham was "great little Player"
It doesn't bother me if I got our selection wrong ether. But if you feel the need to be smart then please next time I get something spot on and you hopefully shouldn't have to wait too long then you can drop your two cents in on that aswell

Since Rd 23, 2013, we've added

Goddard
Carlisle
Billings
Dunstan
Acres
Longer
Savage
Templeton
Sinclair
McCartin
McKenzie
Lonie
Bruce
Membrey
Gresham
White
Freeman
Rice

That's a bloody brilliant list regeneration. Hats off to Bainsy and Trout. A++.
Vic Metro:
Carlisle
Billings
Longer
McKenzie
Freeman
Gresham
Payne (r)
Sinclair (not selected)

Vic Country:
McCartin
Goddard
Lonie
Membrey
White
Rice
Savage (not selected)

Tasmania:
Weller
Templeton

WA:
Acres

SA:
Dunstan

NSW/ACT:
Bruce

It's Metro by a Rookie!

sonnywalters - Things change man...what the club intends to do or wants to do may not always eventuate. I'd rather have the inside word, and hope things turn out, than not know anything at all...you need to chill.

p.s. Rors, Winners, ARR & I were PM-ing about Brandon White in June...Steve was good enough to reveal what Brian had told him, provided we kept in quiet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back