List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I must say is that Adrian Dodoro may be a hard bloke to negotiate with but he seems pretty reasonable.

Thought nominating Silvagni was funny and the way he spoke after the draft about the delight in being able to reward Yestin Eades for all the kids efforts was really fantastic.

On Yestin - - his highlights package are really highlights - good get at 64

Can I go off topic for a second. I thought you had to have 3 live picks at the draft. And that was the minimum which was why we delisted Saunders. As I only found out recently a rookie upgrade isn't counted anymore. I know we had 3 but if you look at Adelaide. They only took 2!!! Should that be looked into at AFL level.

Anyway back on topic. I watched the draft from start to finish and anticipation of the coming bid for Bailey as we were getting closer to pick 40 had the old man and me on the edge of our seats! Looks to be a pretty great haul!

And that they think Fyfe will spend the first 12 weeks playing half forward. News is leg injury will limit his capacity to play on-ball early in 2016. Dockers placing a lot (too much) faith in Bennell being able to slot into their midfield straight away.

Classic case of missing their window I reckon. Sandilands, Pav, MacFarlane and Johnson were their keys to a premiership. All are now done - put a fork in them. Look for Ross to start looking for a job back in Melbourne around Rnd. 22 (cause contracts don't mean much these days anyway)

Bennell will be a great get for them. Can't see much problem with him going straight into the midfield at Freo. Doesn't replace Fyfe as he does a lot of his work just off the pack running past but he will add to them if he can stay out of trouble. If they can get back Zac Dawson and Apeness can play they aren't as done as you say IMO.

sonnywalters - Things change man...what the club intends to do or wants to do may not always eventuate. I'd rather have the inside word, and hope things turn out, than not know anything at all...you need to chill.

p.s. Rors, Winners, ARR & I were PM-ing about Brandon White in June...Steve was good enough to reveal what Brian had told him, provided we kept in quiet!!

And me and me and me and me - I was also told by the same person :):):):):):):)

And that they think Fyfe will spend the first 12 weeks playing half forward. News is leg injury will limit his capacity to play on-ball early in 2016. Dockers placing a lot (too much) faith in Bennell being able to slot into their midfield straight away.

Classic case of missing their window I reckon. Sandilands, Pav, MacFarlane and Johnson were their keys to a premiership. All are now done - put a fork in them. Look for Ross to start looking for a job back in Melbourne around Rnd. 22 (cause contracts don't mean much these days anyway)

Bennell will slot straight into their midfield because he is a superb player.

St Kilda had a clause inserted in Ross' contract allowing them to terminate him with 3 months notice. The clause worked the opposite way too.

So going by your post, the Bennell comment illustrates you don't watch much football outside of Saints games, and the second shows a lack of knowing much else.

So rookie draft? Who do we like the look of? Personally I think Gach Nyuon should be thought about, unless there is someone else in there we really like. He could still be anything.

Someone pointed out Tahana and Snelling from SA didn't get picked up both huge upside. Kerbatieh is a small forward with Ahmed Saad like qualities but a bit more rounded and bigger bodied. Great set shot and elusive. Nyuon looks like a great rookie option.

Thanks to ITK'S for there insight throughout the year.

Stavro, Brian, Moorabbin Ghost, jaxons over at SS.
You guys don't always get everything correct, how on hell could you? But your tips and info is much appreciated by the vast majority.

So some things you say isn't correct. Stiff s**t. Some of the things the club does isn't correct. Stiff s**t.

Clowns and naysayers are just little people intent on wrecking.

Keep it coming lads. Saints tragic like me really appreciate it

Thanks to ITK'S for there insight throughout the year.

Stavro, Brian, Moorabbin Ghost, jaxons over at SS.
You guys don't always get everything correct, how on hell could you? But your tips and info is much appreciated by the vast majority.

So some things you say isn't correct. Stiff s**t. Some of the things the club does isn't correct. Stiff s**t.

Clowns and naysayers are just little people intent on wrecking.

Keep it coming lads. Saints tragic like me really appreciate it

Yeah I don't know why people get shitty, they provide a heap of entertainment even if it doesn't eventuate the way we thought half the time. It would be a boring place with out them even Brian who seems to have taken me as his new mortal enemy after me being too negative for him over Jake.

Can I go off topic for a second. I thought you had to have 3 live picks at the draft. And that was the minimum which was why we delisted Saunders. As I only found out recently a rookie upgrade isn't counted anymore. I know we had 3 but if you look at Adelaide. They only took 2!!! Should that be looked into at AFL level.

Anyway back on topic. I watched the draft from start to finish and anticipation of the coming bid for Bailey as we were getting closer to pick 40 had the old man and me on the edge of our seats! Looks to be a pretty great haul!
Although they don't get assigned a draft pick rookie upgrades still count as part of your minimum 3 selections

When you have people at the club sing his praises you kinda think how do we go past him. Considering the most I was ever told about gresham was "great little Player"
It doesn't bother me if I got our selection wrong ether. But if you feel the need to be smart then please next time I get something spot on and you hopefully shouldn't have to wait too long then you can drop your two cents in on that aswell

:cool: Just thank you for info over the year appreciate it keep it up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the Sinclair coup last year I'm pretty keen to see who we grab in the rookie draft. When is it?

Genuine country footballer.

He just got drafted by an AFL club.

Yeah But Roberton is a gun already and must be there.
The poster was listing Key position defenders, which Roberton is NOT.

Yes and how has it panned out for the Hawks do you think?
You didnt think that through did you.

Do you claim the Hawks are currently stronger because they didn't get Selwood? Sorry that's just stupid. Like justifying a bad investment because the person who did it won the lottery.

People seem to forget Acres. Acres is a big 190cm clearance player. Just turned 20.

Which game was he getting a lot of clearances in? VFL or AFL? I've never heard him described as a clearance player before.

There was no dilemma. We were never interested in Mathieson. This was nothing but a BS internet rumour because supposedly he barracks for the Saints. Nothing more than that and the club would not give a sh*t who guys barrack for.

I've never claimed we were "In to" Mathieson and all i know from the results of the draft was that he was somewhere on the list after Gresham.
I don't believe for a minute that our club singles out players as favorites. They would have them on a list in the order they want them. All of them.
But Mathieson would be considered a slider, and his presence may have helped Brisbane decide not to put a bid on Rice, unless they actually preferred Rice to Gresham.

Oh and Sonny..... pull your head in a bit please.

Is it disloyal to hope that other teams pick up Ray and Saunders so that we can use the rookie squad for speculative development options rather than as a departure lounge - we have enough experience in the playing squad to cope if some seniors go down - enough for the targets we will be setting ourselves this year at least.

I don't have time to list every player but our list is extremely versatile with most small and mid size players able to play forward/back and midfield and most talls can play at either end of the ground.

This is a carbon copy of the hawthorn blue print which we are starting to adopt with elite disposal in our draft choices

I don't have time to list every player but our list is extremely versatile with most small and mid size players able to play forward/back and midfield and most talls can play at either end of the ground.

This is a carbon copy of the hawthorn blue print which we are starting to adopt with elite disposal in our draft choices

Yeah i just made mention of the versatility factor on the "White" thread.
We have a short list of Paddy, Delaney, Ross, maybe Roberton etc who are pretty much fixed to what they do, but mostly we are really flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back