List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHE is the type I would like to target because we could likely get him in a Dom Tyson type deal whereas Shiel and Treloar would cost our first pick plus some....
And he's ******* quick too...

Good overhead, solid at ground level, great speed, wingman-type...

He is exactly what we need IMO

And he's ******* quick too...

Good overhead, solid at ground level, great speed, wingman-type...

He is exactly what we need IMO

Yea he'd be perfect. And if we did a Dyson type deal we could also get Mathieson or someone similar to complement him nicely. Although my dream trade would be 2 for WHE and 12 then 12 for Aish. Getting WHE and Aish would add a lot of class to our midfield.

Yea he'd be perfect. And if we did a Dyson type deal we could also get Mathieson or someone similar to complement him nicely. Although my dream trade would be 2 for WHE and 12 then 12 for Aish. Getting WHE and Aish would add a lot of class to our midfield.
I'd prefer 2 for WHE and 12, then wait until the second half of trade week and get Shiel to suddenly decide he only wants to come to us after a week of GWS negotiating with Collingwood, his original first preference.

GWS then begrudgingly accepts their pick 12 back for Dylan Shiel. :cool:

That'd be great. Draft Skinner at 20 and Rice via F/S at 38?

TEAM
B:
Delaney, Skinner, Roberton
HB: Savage, Goddard, Webster
R: Longer, Armitage, Steven
C: Aish - Dunstan - McKenzie
HF: Billings - McCartin - Hoskin-Elliot
F: Sinclair - Bruce - Lonie

INTERCHANGE/EXTENDED
Wright, Geary
Newnes, Rice
Ross, Weller
Acres, Templeton
Membrey
Hickey

Probably missed a few too, but that looks like a very good side.

Last edited:

That would be amazing.

That'd be great. Draft Skinner at 20 and Rice via F/S at 38?

TEAM
B:
Delaney, Skinner, Roberton
HB: Savage, Goddard, Webster
R: Longer, Armitage, Steven
C: Aish - Dunstan - McKenzie
HF: Billings - McCartin - Hoskin-Elliot
F: Sinclair - Bruce - Lonie

INTERCHANGE/EXTENDED
Wright, Geary
Newnes, Rice
Ross, Weller
Acres, Templeton
Membrey
Hickey

Probably missed a few too, but that looks like a very good side.

Adding onto this, our top 22 picks would include... (have I missed anyone)

#1: Paddy McCartin
#3: Jack Billings
#4: Will Hoskin-Elliott
#7: James Aish
#8: Billy Longer
#9: David Armitage
#18: Luke Dunstan
#19: Blake Acres
#20: Sam Skinner
#21: Hugh Goddard
#22: Daniel McKenzie

Now let's compare this to our grand final team of 2009....

#1: Nick Riewoldt
#1: Brendon Goddard
#1: Michael Gardiner
#2: Luke Ball
#2: Justin Koschitzke
#4: Farren Ray
#8: Raphael Clarke
#11: Lenny Hayes
#13: Nick Dal Santo
#17: Andrew McQualter
#19: Jason Gram

Same amount of top 22 picks, and some that may potentially be better. Would be exciting if we could get both WHE and Aish, even though unlikely it's fun to see how it stacks up. Not to mention if we don't get them we can draft Parish/Tucker, and next year (very early so hard to tell) Sam Petrevski-Seton, Ben Ainsworth or Sam Powell-Pepper etc, we are still looking very good.

Adding onto this, our top 22 picks would include... (have I missed anyone)

#1: Paddy McCartin
#3: Jack Billings
#4: Will Hoskin-Elliott
#7: James Aish
#8: Billy Longer
#9: David Armitage
#18: Luke Dunstan
#19: Blake Acres
#20: Sam Skinner
#21: Hugh Goddard
#22: Daniel McKenzie

Now let's compare this to our grand final team of 2009....

#1: Nick Riewoldt
#1: Brendon Goddard
#1: Michael Gardiner
#2: Luke Ball
#2: Justin Koschitzke
#4: Farren Ray
#8: Raphael Clarke
#11: Lenny Hayes
#13: Nick Dal Santo
#17: Andrew McQualter
#19: Jason Gram

Same amount of top 22 picks, and some that may potentially be better. Would be exciting if we could get both WHE and Aish, even though unlikely it's fun to see how it stacks up. Not to mention if we don't get them we can draft Parish/Tucker, and next year (very early so hard to tell) Sam Petrevski-Seton, Ben Ainsworth or Sam Powell-Pepper etc, we are still looking very good.

Whoa those double barrel names - some footy commentators are going to struggle, especially the first Sam! :confused::eek:

IMV, that's too much for WHE. Uncontracted? I would say Pick 2 would roughly equate to 6 or 7 and 12. Thoughts? So that's 6 or 7 for WHE.

i dunno know anymore about WHE the risk may to be great for the reward. we would have to overpay him + overpay on our offer to GWS. errr

During the game I heard the commentator say he's only got over 20 touches in two games which is slightly concerning if your expectations are for him to be a high possession winner which he obviously is not. I'm thinking he's the low possession but damaging match winner like Luke Breust. He's the type that can get 12 touches but win the game for you not unlike Rioli. Saying that I would not part with a top 3 pick for him unless we are getting a pick around 10 in return.

i dunno know anymore about WHE the risk may to be great for the reward. we would have to overpay him + overpay on our offer to GWS. errr
:rolleyes:

WHE is better than 3/4 of our list, even when he's in s**t form....

Suppose you don't want Aish either cos it's too risky :p;)

IMV, that's too much for WHE. Uncontracted? I would say Pick 2 would roughly equate to 6 or 7 and 12. Thoughts? So that's 6 or 7 for WHE.

He's uncontracted which gives us bargaining power. Realistically tho I reckon he's worth around pick 10-15 on the open market, so if we gave up 2 and received 12 with him it's essentially 2 for 10 and 12 which is pretty fair. Of course we could be hard arses and offer pick 22 of they can gtfo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the AFL's new pick rating system:
2 = 2517 points
12 = 1268 points
That's a 1249 point difference meaning a pick around 13 would be needed to even it up.

:rolleyes:

WHE is better than 3/4 of our list, even when he's in s**t form....

Suppose you don't want Aish either cos it's too risky :p;)
ill pass on Aish aswell due to the fact we have to overpay him and pay the lions to get him. pass.

give me an agrader or a unknown Bruce/membrey/etc.

Last edited:
Name players more talented than Hoskin-Elliot that are currently on our list. McCartin, Billings for sure, maybe Goddard, Acres, Bruce, Steven? He would be a top 10 talent on our list comfortably. Also, GWS getting pick 12 would mean they finish 6th, more likely that they finish 8-10, giving them around pick 10. A top 10 pick and WHE for a top 3 pick? Do that every day.

ill pass on wish aswell due to the fact we have to overpay him and pay the lions to get him. pass.

give me an agrader or a unknown Bruce/membrey/etc.
I kinda agree, but I'm still in awe of WHE from his rd 23 game last year v Bulldogs.... He was amazing

For mine, he's struggling with the speed of the game since coming back from his off-season injury

Don't want to pay overs for him, and definitely don't want to be giving up pick 2/3-ish for him, unless we're getting their 1st pick & an extra player too, especially if the poor form continues

Name players more talented than Hoskin-Elliot that are currently on our list. McCartin, Billings for sure, maybe Goddard, Acres, Bruce, Steven? He would be a top 10 talent on our list comfortably. Also, GWS getting pick 12 would mean they finish 6th, more likely that they finish 8-10, giving them around pick 10. A top 10 pick and WHE for a top 3 pick? Do that every day.
hmmm i cant wrap my head around how much money we would have to fork out over other vic teams to get someone here so if we did steal a GWS player i want a guaranteed A grader.

Would rather Shiel pick 2 in heartbeat

I would do some ungodly things to have Jake Carlisle sign with us, and here's the kicker, PLAY HIM AT CHB where he belongs!!

Watching him glove everything against the Injectors just underlines how criminal it's been for Jabbin' James and the rest of the brains trust to play him forward for so long, and they're still doing it...

Last edited:
hmmm i cant wrap my head around how much money we would have to fork out over other vic teams to get someone here so if we did steal a GWS player i want a guaranteed A grader.
Would much rather pay a bit extra to attract WHE, than overpay a bloke who won't be part of our next premiership push, just so we meet the minimum cap.

Would much rather pay a bit extra to attract WHE, than overpay a bloke who won't be part of our next premiership push, just so we meet the minimum cap.
when we are spending over 500k on a under25 i want assurance they will be a gun, sadly for WHE i have no idea, he doesn't look the same this year at all.

what ever happened to not fast tracking our rebuild, draft BPA @ 1-4 or whatever we have or trade it for shiel/treloar

Gonna have to pay a hell of a lot less for WHE or Aish than you are someone like Treloar or Shiel.

Gonna have to pay a hell of a lot less for WHE or Aish than you are someone like Treloar or Shiel.
the new age of money ball would suggest thats a better path to take..

modern day modern money ball is all about spending max money on A graders and getting as many as possible and then spening the minimum on guys who can play as close to the level of output as the guys who cost the middle salary amount

eg
give me Membrey and Shiel over WHE and another 300-500k player

Picks 2 + 56 for WHE + pick 11 + Nathan Wilson

Draft week:
Pick 11
Pick 20
Pick 38
Pick 74 - Upgrade Sinclair

Plus WHE & Wilson

We'd almost be one of the fastest teams in the league if that happened... Steven, WHE, McKenzie, Wilson with Savage & Webster feeding them off half back :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back