List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We would have to believe Holmes could be back up or recruit a cheap ruckman that is. Pierce seems miles off - considering he's playing in the magoo two's.
Poor old Pierce is one that is suffering from lack of opportunity. If he plays ones he only gets to play forward. He was seemingly doing a decent job of it considering he's largely another solely ruckman. Hopefully he at least gets his Sandy 1st ruck chance at some stage later in the year.

Hi lads, I've written an article on the new bidding system and written a little bit about the Saints and rice, explaining exactly what you'll have to pay for him. It can be found here. Sorry about the shameless plug but I thought it might be of interest to you guys as there's still a lot of uncertainty regarding the bidding process.

Poor old Pierce is one that is suffering from lack of opportunity. If he plays ones he only gets to play forward. He was seemingly doing a decent job of it considering he's largely another solely ruckman. Hopefully he at least gets his Sandy 1st ruck chance at some stage later in the year.

I am worried ahout Pierce! When I watched him in a pre season game he looked a reasonable target up forward but hasnt been able to convert that into scores in games. His other issue as a pure ruckman he is worst on the list, he is out jumped/rucked by all his piers. I dont know if he is contracted for next year but he may another who makes way via trade or delisting. I know he is young but he hasnt shown enough to suggest he will make it and we have other list priorities.

Just in case no-one has done so yet, I'm claiming Sam Petrevski-Seton for next year. Lock him in now for our first. Looks like just what we need in a big way and is in WA's leadership group despite being bottom-aged this year.

b8826032z.1_20150612190504_000_goe8j8n7.3_1-1anlfnv.jpg

I am worried ahout Pierce! When I watched him in a pre season game he looked a reasonable target up forward but hasnt been able to convert that into scores in games. His other issue as a pure ruckman he is worst on the list, he is out jumped/rucked by all his piers. I dont know if he is contracted for next year but he may another who makes way via trade or delisting. I know he is young but he hasnt shown enough to suggest he will make it and we have other list priorities.
I'm worried about the entire 2012 draft crop! The year is starting to look like a massive bust..... much like 2010. Not one player has made it to our best 22, including rookies.

Based on Knightmare's and a few other Phantoms, the value of first round picks after pick 3 are diluted by the huge presence of academy players there after i.e after pick 3 the next 4 ranked players are academy or F/S. This means that pick 4 is really pick 8. I'm not saying I want us to lose but it does seem an unfortunate year to finish 4th or 5th bottom as it appears we will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on Knightmare's and a few other Phantoms, the value of first round picks after pick 3 are diluted by the huge presence of academy players there after i.e after pick 3 the next 4 ranked players are academy or F/S. This means that pick 4 is really pick 8. I'm not saying I want us to lose but it does seem an unfortunate year to finish 4th or 5th bottom as it appears we will.

Yes but that doesn't mean the academy players become the best mids from the draft.

I've been thinking about the scenario if we rate Hopper and Kennedy better than any mids from the open draft and if we do we bid on both (assuming GWS match in the first instance) with our first. Would GWS match if both were bid with picks 4 and 5? Could they match or would they not want to go into a draft points deficient for 2016? They will have academy players they need next year too. The 'live' bidding could be interesting and a who blinks first scenario. I need to research Kennedy more, he's one guy I'm not familiar with - GWS are doing a good job hiding him!

Edit: looks like Barrells asked Brett Anderson - who said Kennedy "is a bit of Ollie Wines". Jesus, WANT.

Last edited:
Yes but that doesn't mean the academy players become the best mids from the draft.

I've been thinking about the scenario if we rate Hopper and Kennedy better than any mids from the open draft and if we do we bid on both (assuming GWS match in the first instance) with our first. Would GWS match if both were bid with picks 4 and 5? Could they match or would they not want to go into a draft points deficient for 2016? They will have academy players they need next year too. The 'live' bidding could be interesting and a who blinks first scenario. I need to research Kennedy more, he's one guy I'm not familiar with - GWS are doing a good job hiding him!

Edit: looks like Barrells asked Brett Anderson - who said Kennedy "is a bit of Ollie Wines". Jesus, WANT.
i wanna know how they decide who gets nominated first between kennedy and hoper and then the rest

Just in case no-one has done so yet, I'm claiming Sam Petrevski-Seton for next year. Lock him in now for our first. Looks like just what we need in a big way and is in WA's leadership group despite being bottom-aged this year.

Looks a player for sure, but if we are claiming one WA player each, I'm still on Rotham! Kid will be an absolute gun and been saying it for 18 months :thumbsu:

Bruno Mars plays footy?! :eek:

i wanna know how they decide who gets nominated first between kennedy and hoper and then the rest
Live bidding. Say for example St Kilda has pick four and both are on the table, St Kilda choose to bid for Hopper, GWS match the bid. GWS then move into pick four, St Kilda now have pick five. We can then bid pick five on Kennedy, GWS match and we then move into pick six and so on. Or at least, this is how I understand it.

Agree fits the model left footer , speed .
Not sure about 1st pick will have lots of competition , but if Stkilda could engineer 3 picks in top 25
This draft has a lot of talent still.

Last edited:
Yes me too.Went down to Sandy for an intra club game in Feb.Just does not like the body contact .I was dying to go out there and give him a few tips .Still young and growing into his body but sadly I dont think he is going to make it .

Some serious due diligence will be required if any Suns players are traded for... when names start emerging it will be interesting to see if any other clubs back themselves to take on a player with a taste for the old Columbian marching powder

I would have a go still. Cocaine isn't a huge addiction drug. It largely isn't a physical addiction anyway. Taking them aside and seeing if they want to play footy would be a reasonable risk. Mav might know the ones to avoid anyway.

I would have a go still. Cocaine isn't a huge addiction drug. It largely isn't a physical addiction anyway. Taking them aside and seeing if they want to play footy would be a reasonable risk. Mav might know the ones to avoid anyway.

I totally agree but it's the public perception of players these days that is the issue. Like it or not, for a club like us to recruit a player that has been linked to a cocaine binge is a massive step to take. Publicly it would be a significant risk for the club to take, especially after all the fantastic work that Finnis & co have done over the past 18 months. Trying to sign sponsors, etc would be made even more difficult.

This all depends on the scenario that the players involved are publicly named, which I reckon is probably pretty likely.

I totally agree but it's the public perception of players these days that is the issue. Like it or not, for a club like us to recruit a player that has been linked to a cocaine binge is a massive step to take. Publicly it would be a significant risk for the club to take, especially after all the fantastic work that Finnis & co have done over the past 18 months. Trying to sign sponsors, etc would be made even more difficult.

This all depends on the scenario that the players involved are publicly named, which I reckon is probably pretty likely.

I think we could stage manage a bit of a redemption thing with our exceptional leadership and culture as the selling point. Our media is very well managed these days. Collingwood is the best at it. They can make a double drug conviction look like a lottery win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back