List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Draft/FA - SuperMegaUltraThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bennell could upset the strong culture we have at the club. Who knows what sort of attitude he may bring with him. Obviously there's a big reward if he gets on the park, however the risk and reputation he brings may not be worth it.

Bennell could be the best player in the AFL in a few years time. We should jump at the opportunity to sign him.

IMO if any club could help a player through a situation such as this it would be the Eagles.

Not a joke here. The club has reformed itself and its playing list. If you think the club sacked every player from the Cousins era who had issues you are kidding yourself. As a club and a playing group they took some hard decisions, forgot about premierships for several years and cleaned up their collective acts.

IMO if any club could help a player through a situation such as this it would be the Eagles.

Not a joke here. The club has reformed itself and its playing list. If you think the club sacked every player from the Cousins era who had issues you are kidding yourself. As a club and a playing group they took some hard decisions, forgot about premierships for several years and cleaned up their collective acts.

Perhaps if we were based elsewhere. But would be very hard to separate any 20-25 year old from their childhood friends if they live just minutes away regardless of how good your work culture is.

We won't take that risk, particularly if we think that bringing him back here is likely to be a detriment to him personally. That's not how clubs trade, and I would especially expect (based on history) Simpson to value character and work ethic more highly than that. Bennell isn't coming to West Coast in 2016.

I wonder if we are interested in Suckling from the Hawks.

Left footer, half back / utility.

Seems to be slightly on the outer / getting the Sub role more than ever and a free agent.

Is turning 27 in July.
Would be worth a crack if cheap, but I suspect he'd get offered the same amount to stay in Melbourne and would take that

Not sure how much we need him, tbh..

Add quality depth in a so called weak draft. Doesn't cost us any picks at all.

We look like we could challenge in the next two years when Kennedy, Le cras will be entering their late 20's and Priddis early 30's.

Adds finals and premiership experience............which we have little of.

I'd be rapt if we traded in :
  1. Conligio (first rounder)
  2. Jetta (second rounder)
  3. used our 3rd on a project tall forward / ruck (3>4 years development time) and then
  4. picked up Suckling as a free agent.

Basically add three ready to go quality players, two with serious finals, grand final and premiership experience.

Replacing Waters, McGinnity, Tunbridge (re rookie listed?) and Main or Karpany.

Then our list starts looking scary with serious depth and finals experience.

We look like we could challenge in the next two years when Kennedy, Le cras will be entering their late 20's and Priddis early 30's.

3. used our 3rd on a project tall forward / ruck (3>4 years development time) and then

Basically add three ready to go quality players, two with serious finals, grand final and premiership experience.

Perfect.

Would love that to happen, though I'm also confident in Simpson and the Recruitment team to head to the draft based on what they produced last year.

I wonder if we are interested in Suckling from the Hawks.

Left footer, half back / utility.

Seems to be slightly on the outer / getting the Sub role more than ever and a free agent.

Is turning 27 in July.

I have had this in the back of my mind as well, what with Simmo and Ellis here, it is not too great a stretch of the imagination that we would be interested. I hope we go for him ... has a lethal left boot, and Simmo is big on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get suckling as a free agent it will offset compo if selwood goes . I would rather take the compo and use it for the draft or in a trade

If we're trading picks in a weak draft... will that mean other clubs (GWS, Sydney as an example above) would demand higher picks?

In all honesty, I hope he stays at Gold Coast. Things would be much more likely to spiral out of control if he was back living at home.

I just hope we can trade our first two picks this year.
Honestly cant remember such a crap drafting pool.

Im all for bringing in players from other clubs this year.

Harley Bennell will be a West Coast Eagle next yr..I work with his brother..He was here friday.
get ready for a dream trade period
Coniglio player trade with scooter to geelong..3 way
Jetta in a player trade and exchange of picks..Maybe Mitch Brown/Lycett
And Bennell for our 1st

Harley Bennell will be a West Coast Eagle next yr..I work with his brother..He was here friday.
And Bennell for our 1st

I keep hearing about the Selwood, Coniglio three way with GWS Geelong, from several sources.

I dont understand it though what are GWS getting ?

I don't think we'll trade away our two first picks, not unless it's for one player.

And I don't see us landing two of Jetta, Coniglio or Bennell. Ect...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope we do trade away those picks, this draft ER is a lottery to get good players.

All the WA players have question marks and Vic Metro is not much better.

And Bennell for our 1st
Which brother? Johnny?
Scooter is a free agent doesn't need a trade.

Love it but we are dreaming if we think we will get Jetta for our second pick. Maybe carltons second will get it done, but not pick 30+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back