List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time reader first time contributor, so here we go...

I can't see us giving up pick 5 for anything out there at the moment, we need elite talent, even if it means missing out on Carlisle (Pick 20 something and Wright at the most for Carlisle, especially if we are getting Rice). As far as picking between Matho, Parish, Curnow and Francis, I think we go best available! If its Parish, great, outside balance problem solved. If its Curnow, amazing, a stringer like mid/fwd. If its Francis, fantastic, back line sorted for ten years. And if its Matho, who I really like and is a Saints man from what I here, its perfect, having 5 inside mids means that next year, with Ross having another year under his belt, we will be raided for an inside mid (GWS style) allowing us to demand a highly rated outside mid as one of our boys go's searching for more game time.

The player we rated highest in the war room around at pick 5 we nab, best available.

Welcome to the Board!! Good first post - hope its the first of many!!

Article in today's HUN ("Jaeger Eyes Future") saying that they understand JOM is keen to explore his options when his contract runs out at the end of next year and will be next year's "big fish". Says he's in the process of buying an investment property in St Kilda and they reckon he is "ambitious about the business side of his life" and that a "big city would appeal to his business acumen".

Will be very interesting to see how his knee holds up next year as I imagine we'll be all over him like a rash if it does.

A big if re his knee but geez would be keen if he passed the medical....

I fear for my work efficiency when trade period starts

I'll need to have some sort of confirmed trade notification app

Last year, my output was disgusting during trade period. Unfortunately I work for myself so it was directly out of my pocket, rather than an employers. LOL.

I have promised myself to be better this year. I am hoping that given we don't have the lure of what are we going to do with pick 1 this year, there will not be a repeat performance. Early signs are not promising.

I forgot he was dragons, wasn't there a sandy player that was picked up by anther club? or 23rd player?

West coast have Mark Hutching who was a Saints rookie. He probably played at Casey though I think- can't remember him in a Zebs kit. Every year guys like Le Grice, Myke Cook, Cockie etc seem to get talked up only to not get a go. I reckon Brown will get a go this year though. You could do worse than putting little Kenny Ong on a rookie list. He reminds me of one of the Bulldogs shifty little goal kicking guys.

I fear for my work efficiency when trade period starts

I'll need to have some sort of confirmed trade notification app
I'm expecting those who have me on Twitter to immediately tag me whenever something comes in! So to those who have me if you didn't know, now you know! :D

I'm expecting those who have me on Twitter to immediately tag me whenever something comes in! So to those who have me if you didn't know, now you know! :D

I don't have Twitter, Facebook, or any other such thing.

I guess I'm stuffed, I'll just have to be in here all day then!

West coast have Mark Hutching who was a Saints rookie. He probably played at Casey though I think- can't remember him in a Zebs kit. Every year guys like Le Grice, Myke Cook, Cockie etc seem to get talked up only to not get a go. I reckon Brown will get a go this year though. You could do worse than putting little Kenny Ong on a rookie list. He reminds me of one of the Bulldogs shifty little goal kicking guys.
Myke Cook was horrible this year...having him on our list would be like having Shenton...:cool:

Kreuzer hasn't had any medicals yet - Sam Cheeseburger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He also went head to head with Hopper on the weekend and split the points...
isn't he suppose to be more developed than hop? i would hope he would break even..

the same kenny ong whos played dev league this year...

every year people over-rate the sandy players because they are forefront in peoples mind due to the alignment

theres not one sandy player i'd take to be honest

isn't he suppose to be more developed than hop? i would hope he would break even..
Jacob Is the most developed, AFL ready prospect in the draft. Curnow tried to go against him earlier in the year and got destroyed. I wouldn't say Rhys broke even - Hopper was basically molested by a Falcon at every contest, but Mathieson played a better individual game (if you don't take into account the team result).

Article in today's HUN ("Jaeger Eyes Future") saying that they understand JOM is keen to explore his options when his contract runs out at the end of next year and will be next year's "big fish". Says he's in the process of buying an investment property in St Kilda and they reckon he is "ambitious about the business side of his life" and that a "big city would appeal to his business acumen".

Will be very interesting to see how his knee holds up next year as I imagine we'll be all over him like a rash if it does.

Why wait??

If he wants out, GC would probably prefer to trade him a guy with a year left to run, than lose him when he really could walk for nothing uncontracted (I know he's not a FA, but it's not that different to Lake going to the Hawks), while we can argue there's no proof his knee will hold up and drive a bargain that way.

Why wait??

If he wants out, GC would probably prefer to trade him a guy with a year left to run, than lose him when he really could walk for nothing uncontracted (I know he's not a FA, but it's not that different to Lake going to the Hawks), while we can argue there's no proof his knee will hold up and drive a bargain that way.

GC surely wouldn't entertain any trade this year. If he has a full year next year they can ask the world for him. They'd be mad to trade him for unders now, unless they KNOW his knee is stuffed in which case we don't want him.

Shifty Bulldogs player like Kenny Ong? Dallhaus? Crameri? .. hmm.. Wallace? I dunno can't think of anyone that fits the description

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back