List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time we traded for a defensive minded young player we ended up with Taylor Hine.

When trading lets look for players who are rounded footballers <insert Luke Hodge jokes here> rather than limited role players.
Just because we ended up with Taylor Hine has no bearing on what you end up with next.

nope... Its Collingwood, North and Richmond. Collingwood reported to have a larger contract per year but north, tigers similar contract. Motlop thing is correct its media driven as Motlop has not given any indiction he wants to leave but Motlop management know the interest is there but he will stay.
if motlop is wanting to stay i would assume he would be turning down a big amount with the cats needing money to sign, Danger, S Selwood, Henderson and potentially others. on top of forking out a big amount to keep hawkins earlier in the year.

Surely we can throw a big enough contract in front of him to want to leave

And Nick Bowen's article is right. Usually coaches aren't so balls-out obvious in making their interest clear.

Brad has dead set come out and named Carlisle. "He's one of the players we'd like to add."

Big tick from me.

if motlop is wanting to stay i would assume he would be turning down a big amount with the cats needing money to sign, Danger, S Selwood, Henderson and potentially others. on top of forking out a big amount to keep hawkins earlier in the year.

Surely we can throw a big enough contract in front of him to want to leave

he has a big contract in front of him but he has told cats he wants to stay so im guessing they will try to do a deal over 3 years.

Just because we ended up with Taylor Hine has no bearing on what you end up with next.
That's not the point.

The point is we went after him because we liked a specific skill set, his defensive capabilities and discipline. What we got was a limited footballer, which is what the likes of Bugg are too. Good enough role players but we have no direct need for those now so lets use those picks on the draft.

That's not the point.

The point is we went after him because we liked a specific skill set, his defensive capabilities and discipline. What we got was a limited footballer, which is what the likes of Bugg are too. Good enough role players but we have no direct need for those now so lets use those picks on the draft.
Where in all my posts did I say lets go after Bugg? He is very limited and not a creater of play. I'd rather attacking players with some pace who can create more opportunities for other players.

For the record, we nearly traded for Tom Bugg on the final day of the 2013 window. Only fell over due to GWS demanding a higher price than what we were willing to give. He is rated by our footy people, although I don't think he is a priority or on the radar, with bigger fish to fry and whatnot.

Not as hyped as many of you are on Jake Carlisle. Our need for outside class and pace in the midfield is a much greater need.. Surely they pursue Harley Bennell and Steven Motlop to the cows come home

Scott apparently confirmed out interest in Carlisle but dismissed interest in Motlop and Treloar today.

Perhaps a case of "I never wanted her anyway"?
Presser's up. The actual words were "We've never said anything about that, it's you guys who are talking about that."

Which might not actually be a denial depending how you want to interpret it.

Not as hyped as many of you are on Jake Carlisle. Our need for outside class and pace in the midfield is a much greater need.. Surely they pursue Harley Bennell and Steven Motlop to the cows come home

Points for - 1922 - 3rd best in the league

Points against - 1733 - 10th in league

How is offense a much greater need than defence?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is enough cap/contract room for both Carlisle and an outside mid, from what I understand. The question is having the chips to get said deals over the line. There will need to be sacrifices and some bold calls to get both done.

And Nick Bowen's article is right. Usually coaches aren't so balls-out obvious in making their interest clear.

Brad has dead set come out and named Carlisle. "He's one of the players we'd like to add."

Big tick from me.

Can only assume we've either already started discussions with * or are supremely confident, or Brad is just running his mouth off again. Otherwise so openly discussing interest in an opposition player before the end of the season/he's announced he is leaving is pretty ballsy.

I'm sure the club has/is. But fact is Steven wants to stay at Geelong.
Carlisle is 23 years old, (when happy) an AA calibre chb. Take that any day of the week. Also said its Us or the blues.

That's not the point.

You missed to say we needed that way back then.

What North should be doing is shaking the tree.

Chase Kommer and Steinberg with big money deals and * will get reactive thinking they've been missing something and outbid us for both.

Then we concede defeat and take Carlisle as leftovers uttering "you win this time *" on the way out.

Chase Kommer and Steinberg with big money deals and * will get reactive thinking they've been missing something and outbid us for both.

Then we concede defeat and take Carlisle as leftovers uttering "you win this time *" on the way out.

lets not shoot ourselves in the foot. KC

There is enough cap/contract room for both Carlisle and an outside mid, from what I understand. The question is having the chips to get said deals over the line. There will need to be sacrifices and some bold calls to get both done.
I'm already donning the tribal mask, blades ready, time to bring a worthy person up to the altar
and let the blood letting continue.
Human_sacrifice_(Codex_Laud,_f.8).png

Last edited:

Then Dodoro will start to get angry, and look at the camera with a "oh well, what can you do?" look, palms upturned, as a ba-bow plays in the background.

I'm already donning the tribal mask, blades ready, time to bring a worthy person up to the altar.

Haha. Think everyone on this board has an opinion on who that may be, but I am confident the sacrifice won't be TOO large. All players are out of contract that we're targeting, so the ball is in our court. We won't force to the PSD because it's too damaging to business relationships we might need down the line, but it's a nice threat to have in the arsenal if we want things resolved quicker.

I am certain this will be dragged out for two weeks by Dodoro and others, but it shall be worth it if we come home with the goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back