List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hansen > Richmond for 1st Round Pick.
Ontraded to Hawthorn for Hartung

Black > Fremantle for Weller

Thomas > Adelaide for Lever

Bastinac > GWS for Plowman

Swallow > Gold Coast for O'Meara

So essentially Hansen for Hartung? I like Hartung but not that much, you'd want at least a B grade mid for Hansen, and Hartung isn't there yet.

Adelaide will not trade Lever. It would take Thomas and our first.

GWS won't trade Plowman. Especially not for a B grade midfielder. Basti would struggle to get a gig in GWS first choice midfield.

GC won't trade O'Meara. If they did they would probably want Swallow plus a top 5 pick.

No. High draft pick a couple years back for GWS, I haven't seen him play a whole lot I must admit but he's out of favour and doesn't really strike me as a gun player as of yet.
Reason why im saying do not trade a gun for him.

DjiNn7o.gif

Do we really need another ordinary KPD though? At least Bastinac offers something a little different, however rare and inconsistent it may be.
Not if we are add Hartung and Weller.
Ordinary KPD is a bit harsh though. He is only 20 years old...

I like that deal. They should upgrade one of our 2nd or 3rd picks also in that deal imo since our player worth a bit more.
Would love Hartung in our team, let's hope the Hawks don't have enough cash for him

so we are going to get five trades done and actually win a couple, ok, I see your location is "somewhere" is that the same somewhere where unicorns are real?

Jed Lamb out of favour at GWS:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ialSF&utm_source=HeraldSun&utm_medium=Twitter

VICTORIAN clubs including Carlton and Richmond are scouting Greater Western Sydney small forward Jed Lamb after a dominant NEAFL season.

Lamb is in the second year of a lucrative three-season deal after being pushed out of Sydney by Lance Franklin’s move from Hawthorn.

His NEAFL year was highlighted by an eight-goal display against Sydney’s NEAFL side, with his 37.29 from 13 games the most for an AFL-listed player.

He has averaged 19 possessions, 116 SuperCoach points, 2.8 goals and seven marks a game but hasn’t played a single senior game for the Giants this year.

He is keen to stay and prove he can be a regular contributor but Victorian sides scouting for small forwards have earmarked Lamb and will push hard to lure him home.

story-fnp04d70-1227452983703

GWS might need to contribute some of the money from the final year of his contract for his new club given it would be an impediment to him playing at a third club.

Lamb played 12 games at Sydney and eight at GWS after a traumatic background that saw he and seven siblings raised by their mother after their dad was murdered by an axe-wielding family friend.

Carlton list manager Steve Silvagni last year held that position at the Giants, so had an intimate understanding of their list and its capabilities.

The Blues have already lured Kristian Jaksch and Mark Whiley in the past 12 months before Silvagni arrived at Carlton.

Other Victorian clubs including Richmond continue to search for small and medium-sized goalkicking options, with Geelong’s Stephen Motlop far from certain to stay at Geelong.

The Cats have told him they are extremely keen to keep him, but he is still some way from starting contract talks with Geelong.

The Herald Sun reported in March Motlop’s desire to put off talks until later in the year.

A rival club willing to hand over a first-round pick and pay Motlop an excellent wage might still be able to prise him loose from the Cats.

He laid 11 tackles and kicked three goals against the Western Bulldogs as he strives for a better balance in his attacking blend of football.

Coach Chris Scott said he believed the 24-year-old would still stay at Geelong.

“What I can assess is what we see from players in terms of their commitment during the week, their attitude to training, the way they play, especially the way they defend and do some of the less flashy things out on the ground,” Scott said.

“I can’t really fault him too much. Every indication that I get is very positive that he loves playing here and he will play here long into the future.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aish looks ordinary.

His 2014 was very good for a 1st year player, this year no so good. He is in a crap side in a state he doesn't want to be in.

Let's compare him with Luke Mcdonald, his 1st year was very good his 2nd not so good. Luke is playing at the footy club he wants to be at who is much stronger than Brisbane.

Outsider looking in at both players you would say they both look ordinary but I'm not prepared to write either of them off, I think they'll both turn out ok.

His 2014 was very good for a 1st year player, this year no so good. He is in a crap side in a state he doesn't want to be in.

Let's compare him with Luke Mcdonald, his 1st year was very good his 2nd not so good. Luke is playing at the footy club he wants to be at who is much stronger than Brisbane.

Outsider looking in at both players you would say they both look ordinary but I'm not prepared to write either of them off, I think they'll both turn out ok.

I don't think his junior form will translate to the big time in the long run.

I have full confidence that Aish will be an elite midfielder in time.

On Jed Lamb, I always found it bizarre that he decided to go to GWS. Maybe it was primarily financially motivated, but I'm sure he was frustrated by lack of opportunity at Sydney and it never looked like he was going to get much a look in at GWS with the forward stocks that they have.

Surely we would need more than just Black to get Weller, it would probably have to be Black and our 2nd. Black's value is tumbling very very quickly, he's been rubbish for 18 months now.

Trading Swallow would be damaging to our club and would not be worth whatever player we get in, you just don't do that sort of stuff.

I have full confidence that Aish will be an elite midfielder in time.

On Jed Lamb, I always found it bizarre that he decided to go to GWS. Maybe it was primarily financially motivated, but I'm sure he was frustrated by lack of opportunity at Sydney and it never looked like he was going to get much a look in at GWS with the forward stocks that they have.

Yeah I thought the same thing when he made the move. Wouldn't it have been better to go to a club for a bit less, but actually get a game? The contract he is on now might be ok, but his next one won't be to flash. Not to mention getting game time creates longevity, which obviously in the end gives you more money in the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back