Mega Thread 2015 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Got down to training this morning too, missed the early part which yakamoto has covered. As yaka said, was fairly short and sharp with little real news to provide. Wasn't going to bother with a report to be honest but for those interstate/overseas who might like a little overview I'll add my two cents.

When I got there they were focussing predominantly on half field match sims with an obvious focus from RTB on positioning, no distinct seniors/juniors group, a good mix of all. At times they were spread out into as many as 3 separate groups. Luke looks fine and Pav trained strongly from what I saw, as did Dawson. Full compliment besides SCOS who I saw doing laps when I arrived, and as mentioned A.Pearce also doing laps solo after SCOS had departed inside. No sign of Apeness but that is to be expected with the severity his injury. DeLuca, Langdon, JB and Vandal not involved in match sims at one point later in the session, doing short sprints along the carpark side of the boundary in between moments of watching intently with S.LLoyd giving some information on what to look for and what the relevant "teams" (yellow bibs/red bibs etc) should have been doing.

Ross quite vocal during sims, corrected Zarke at one point for positioning too close to the boundary during a throw in simulation, wanted him more in board, apparently "was lost out there". An interesting insight. Man he is a hard task master. Overall the sims seemed very slick and polished.

Towards the end of the session the group moved to a passing inside 50 drill, with Ross directing individuals at times to have shots on goal. Interesting one was Suban, had 20 push ups on the line for his teammates (funnily enough no one started before he had his shot!) Missed to the far side and cost his team said push ups. He's clearly not confident with his shots on goal at the moment, although his action looks pretty good to the uneducated like myself. To bge fair somebody else missed too if I recall correctly but they weren't on the sh*t list.

Side note, Rog Hayden got the strangest rucking pads I've ever seen out (strapped onto his back with arms on it, classic!) for blokes to practice jumping off him for "contested marks", was a personal highlight.

Fyfe and Tabs last off the ground from the senior group, both working on contested marking for about 10 mins. Says a helluva lot about where Fyfe's head is at, personally I think a couple others (Suban etc) could probably benefit from putting in the extra time without rigid structure to work on things that are troubling them, not sure why Fyfe is the only one, although I spose it says more about his determination than it does about a laidback approach from others.

Sorry, a lot of text for not a lot of info but just wanted to add a little for those unable to attend who may have been interested.

No need to apologise for the lots of text, i always like a good story, the longer the better. As they say the devil is in the detail

If it's a wishlist, I bags helping on that podcast
Fyfie would have his hands full trying to be polite , answer the questions , dealing with the doe eyed looks as well as fighting off all the well aimed hands .
Never mind the not so subtle gropes of his butt and other private parts .
But Hey he is a country farm boy so its not like he hasn't had it happen before :);):D:cool:

I know I will excite everyone by posting on the training report thread, but I am afraid this is not a training report. I want to know if tomorrow will be the main training session of the week seeing we have a Friday game? If so, is anyone going? I would like to go if I will have some company.

I know I will excite everyone by posting on the training report thread, but I am afraid this is not a training report. I want to know if tomorrow will be the main training session of the week seeing we have a Friday game? If so, is anyone going? I would like to go if I will have some company.

Yes tomorrow is the main session this week. The WAFL players will train today and Thursday.

I am planning to be there tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The veterans on light duties as usual along with son son and griff. Spurr ran two laps, had a chat and joke with rtb and left the track. A Pearce had a shocker with disposal whilst I thought suban was everywhere. Seems to be brimming with confidence making good position, disposal was good and his team mates were using him. Ibbo is all class. Rtb has a man crush on clancy.

As mentioned, SonSon on light duties. He seemed to me to move alright, I think he'll play. Spurr did a minimal amount of laps of jogging/walking. I will be surprised if he gets up.

There were kicking drills, match sims and still lots of goal kicking. The goal kicking focus over the summer and now into the season seems to be standing us in good stead. A lot of work on moving the ball with handball in packs, something else we seem to have improved.

Also RTB trained hard with the white board. Practice makes perfect I guess.

The veterans on light duties as usual along with son son and griff. Spurr ran two laps, had a chat and joke with rtb and left the track. A Pearce had a shocker with disposal whilst I thought suban was everywhere. Seems to be brimming with confidence making good position, disposal was good and his team mates were using him. Ibbo is all class. Rtb has a man crush on clancy.

Did Clancee have the white shorts on? If so, then it's completely understandable.

Was only there for about an hour and left as they were beginning the match sim. I don't have much to add to what has been said.

The media came out of the press conference with Ross and the bloke from channel 7 (I think it was Ryan Daniels or whatever his name is) said Ross was a bit cranky today. He seemed okay when he came out onto the track.

There was an absolute nut case down there who was completely obsessed with Ballas. She kept calling out to him, calling him our hero, cheering whenever he got the ball. It was a right laugh although got a bit annoying.

I reckon Spurr is okay and could play if they wanted him to. They'll most likely take the conservative approach and rest him for this week.

One passage of play I want to mention was superb. Sherro had a short pass to Mundy out of the back 50, he then went down the line to Hill who hit an absolute smoker off his right foot to Fyfe who didn't have to break stride (probably went at least 50m across the ground) and he in turn hit up a leading Ballas about 35m out from goal. It was spectacular ball movement and rebound out of defence.

Apeness and Silvagni were both in the gym and popped their heads out a few times to watch what was going on out on the track. They both seemed in good spirits.

There was an absolute nut case down there who was completely obsessed with Ballas. She kept calling out to him, calling him our hero, cheering whenever he got the ball. It was a right laugh although got a bit annoying.
Thanks for the report gaskin

Seen her down there myself, good for a laugh... fairly young and skinny yeah? Was hanging her legs over the boundary last time I saw her and shouting out god knows what at the boys. She's missed a few weeks but if it's the one I'm thinking of she is a deadset nutter!! :drunk:
mental lady.gif

that hill kick/passage was the def highlight. Ballas supporter was completely harmless and enjoying her day which is good. Does anyone know why ballas and hill wear each others jumpers at training? Seems to have been the case for a while. Also love when rtb has a prop. Today it was a cup of tea. My fav is when he coaches whilst eating an apple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back