Mega Thread 2015 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2015-09-01/is-ballas-back

This part in the article made me laugh:

Fremantle senior coach Ross Lyon said the dynamic forward was keen to play against Port Adelaide on Saturday.
“He’d want to play this week,” he said.
“He will train today, he’s flying.
“He was ringing me and texting me, so I think he’s pretty keen.”

I can just picture him pestering Ross the Boss..."Can I play?" "I'm good to go?' "how about a game Ross?" :D

Ballas outside of Lyon's home.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441104540.434954.jpg

Fremantle took part in end-to-end game simulations during training on Thursday morning at Fremantle Oval.

In warm and sunny conditions the squad was put through its paces in mock centre-bounce drills, ahead of Saturday’s clash with Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.

Match preview: Freo v Port Adelaide

A number of stars were kept on limited duties with Matthew Pavlich, Aaron Sandilands, Michael Walters, Stephen Hill and Lee Spurr spending time in the gym.

While youngsters Brady Grey, Jacob Ballard, Ethan Hughes and Connor Blakely pushed their claims for a debut against Port Adelaide with strong sessions.

Who's in the mix to face Port?

In more good signs, Anthony Morabito spent time running laps.

TRAINING.jpg

Fremantle took part in end-to-end game simulations during training on Thursday morning at Fremantle Oval.

In warm and sunny conditions the squad was put through its paces in mock centre-bounce drills, ahead of Saturday’s clash with Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.

Match preview: Freo v Port Adelaide

A number of stars were kept on limited duties with Matthew Pavlich, Aaron Sandilands, Michael Walters, Stephen Hill and Lee Spurr spending time in the gym.

While youngsters Brady Grey, Jacob Ballard, Ethan Hughes and Connor Blakely pushed their claims for a debut against Port Adelaide with strong sessions.

Who's in the mix to face Port?

In more good signs, Anthony Morabito spent time running laps.
I do like the names you've highlighted! Would be great to give them a game at Radelaide

the article says that Blakely is not in the mix due to an ankle injury which contrasts with some of the other intel like what Ross said.
He was due to have a fitness test this week, and apparently was put through his paces on Tuesday. Maybe that articles means that he's pulled up sore?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mundy,Ibbo ,Zac D,Neale,Suban,D Pearce,A pearce, the other Pearce,Balla and De Boer all participated in the full session.Griff was in the gym .He would be unlikely.
Johnno,Sutty,Sandy had a light jog.Sonny in rehab then a kick.Mora ran the boundary then had a kick with Sutty.Pav on the bike watching training.
Apeness still in full leg frame.Plenty of energy in great conditions.We told Balla ,no way you're going over and he said bullshit I will be there.
Bloody hope Mundy and him are no where near SA.

I'd like for Ballantyne to go. Either that or a game at Peel. A run before next week would be invaluable.

He'd be unavailable for Peel as he hasn't played enough WAFL games throughout the regular season to qualify for finals. Unless they have changed the rules regarding AFL listed players since the alignment.

MJ running laps so not going to Adelaide. Others lapping - Sandi, McP, Hill, Walters, Sutcliffe, Spurr, Morabito. No sign of Griffin. Mundy did the full session so may be going to Adelaide. Ballantyne took part in most of the drills but not involved in any body contact as far as I could see. Ran laps at the end with Silvagni and Crowley so not likely for Adelaide. Pav did a bike session while simultaneously working on his tan.

He'd be unavailable for Peel as he hasn't played enough WAFL games throughout the regular season to qualify for finals. Unless they have changed the rules regarding AFL listed players since the alignment.

If Fremantle is playing, then he can play.

I am not sure what happens if we win the 1st final and have a week off.

Are there set times when the team trains? I've got some time off next week and was hoping to go down and watch them train one of the mornings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back