Mega Thread 2015 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Tabs is more likely to replace Pav than Langdon.

Agreed - Tabs for Pav is a logical change - I was referring more to switching Croz for Langdon for the full game if we're short of forward firepower.

I could see Langdon getting a run on either a wing, or at HFF. If Pav is in, then we have sufficient scoring power in the forward line. If you leave Pav out however, you've got Tabs and A Pearce up forward, and while they're both promising, you're still missing the smaller forward option in Croz (especially if Walters heads into the midfield again, as he did last week to great effect).

Croz has played HFF for us in the past and added a bit more scoring grunt to the forward line (his latest appearances notwithstanding). Apparently Langdon runs and presents really hard (both offensively and defensively) when playing up forward for Peel, and has kicked the odd goal from the pocket - making him a like-for-like switch with Croz.

Langdon has great foot-speed (2.9 seconds over 20 meters) and racks up healthy possession numbers so you'd be mad to leave him out for the entire match. Against any other side he'd be a definite sub, but I reckon he could hold his own against many of Melbourne's starting mids.

Granted having Tabs, Pearce and Langdon all up forward makes for a very green forward line - but Langdon's hard running between the HF line and the midfield might then conceivably free up Walters to remain up forward and crumb any spilled marks.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back