2015 US Open

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh give it a break. Just how many times does one man have to prove to everyone that he's the best of the best? He's beaten both time after time after time and people still deny his quality and superiority over the other players. Mind boggling.

Don't get it myself. Why can't we be happy that we have seen 3 of the very best play in a similar era? Why there is a need to say this one is better, this one would have beaten this one, etc I will never know. Both Federer and Novak should end with 15+ Slams and if Novak doesn't gift wrap more to Murray he could get close to 17. I expect him to end on 15-16 though.

Quality of opponents in first 10 slams:

Roger Federer:

Philippoussis, Marat Safin, Andy Roddick, Lleyton Hewitt, Andy Roddick, Andre Agassi, Marcos Baghdatis, Rafael Nadal, Andy Roddick, Fernando González

Novak Djokovic:

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Andy Murray, Rafael Nadal, Rafael Nadal, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, Roger Federer, Andy Murray, Roger Federer, Roger Federer

Quote be Paul Annacone, Roger Federer's ex coach:

"No disrespect to Ferrero, Safin, Philippoussis, Moya, Hewitt, etc., but they are not quite in the same class as Nadal, Djokovic and Murray, and that made it easier for Roger to probably grab a number of titles earlier in his career compared to Novak."

Quality of opponents in first 10 slams:

Roger Federer:

Philippoussis, Marat Safin, Andy Roddick, Lleyton Hewitt, Andy Roddick, Andre Agassi, Marcos Baghdatis, Rafael Nadal, Andy Roddick, Fernando González

Novak Djokovic:

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Andy Murray, Rafael Nadal, Rafael Nadal, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, Roger Federer, Andy Murray, Roger Federer, Roger Federer

Quote be Paul Annacone, Roger Federer's ex coach:

"No disrespect to Ferrero, Safin, Philippoussis, Moya, Hewitt, etc., but they are not quite in the same class as Nadal, Djokovic and Murray, and that made it easier for Roger to probably grab a number of titles earlier in his career compared to Novak."

Safin was a class player but a nutcase at times lol I think he could've won a few more slams if he was more serious

screen-shot-2015-09-14-at-10-48-03-am.png

The worst loser in world sport bar none.

So glad to see Djokovic win. The Federer circle-jerk can stop. Djokovic is the best player in the world, and by a big margin. Its such a shame he doesnt get the recognition he deserves. So understated. He is playing at a level higher now than Federer ever played:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/djokovic-and-federer-are-vying-to-be-the-greatest-of-all-time/

And something people might not realise is that his career winning % is (slightly) higher than Federer's too.
Nadal's is higher than both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back