2016 Draft discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

just listened to Callum Twomeys latest draft podcast. some points he made re us

3) Twomey thinks that if the bombers take McGrath the giants are a real possibility to take Ainsworth leaving us with McCluggage.

Dammit.

I know it's probably stupid but I'm now so completely sold on the idea of Ainsworth that I'll be disappointed if we end up with McCluggage:$

just listened to Callum Twomeys latest draft podcast. some points he made re us.

1) Declan Watson may get a bid in the late 20s or 30s, Jacob Allison a bit later and Jack Rolls a rookie chance.

That sounds pretty fair to me (based on not watching any underage footy :p)Allison is 194 cm, quick acceleration and had a strong year in 2015. Sounds like he's got all the right tools, it just didn't come together for him this year.

Dammit.

I know it's probably stupid but I'm now so completely sold on the idea of Ainsworth that I'll be disappointed if we end up with McCluggage:$

I think I know how you feel.
But to know that one of McCluggage or Ainsworth will be in Lions colours next year is a great feeling.
We have been into Ainsworth for some time now and to be able to trade with GWS to get pick 16 was a huge plus for us.

What's weird though, is that if Ess take McGrath and GWS take Ainsworth, then we will be left with a player that is widely tipped to be pick 1 and we also have pick 16.
WIN - WIN

Still very very confident that Ainsworth is ours - lock it in PICK 3.

A few morons on the lions Facebook page saying Ainsworth wants to come to the Lions because we're the easiest club to leave after two years out of Essendon and the Giants. :rolleyes:

Apparently he is setting himself up for a trade back to Richmond before he's even been drafted.

Unbelievable the type of supporters the clubs Facebook page attracts.

A few morons on the lions Facebook page saying Ainsworth wants to come to the Lions because we're the easiest club to leave after two years out of Essendon and the Giants. :rolleyes:

Apparently he is setting himself up for a trade back to Richmond before he's even been drafted.

Callum Twomey addressed this sort of thing on the podcast, he said it was complete BS. Twomey went on the draft camp with Ben and said he was a terrific fella and he genuinely wants to come to brisbane and was a fan of us in the glory years.

just listened to Callum Twomeys latest draft podcast. some points he made re us.

1) Declan Watson may get a bid in the late 20s or 30s, Jacob Allison a bit later and Jack Rolls a rookie chance.

2) Ben Ainsworth is one of those players that opposition supporters will hate but you would love him at your club.

3) Twomey thinks that if the bombers take McGrath the giants are a real possibility to take Ainsworth leaving us with McCluggage.

Did he have any info on whether we would/should match bids in that range?

I just read that Ainsworth is keen to move up to Brisbane if he's still there at pick 3, I think that would be a fantastic result for your club to get in elite young talent who actually wants to be there. Will pair up nicely with Schache. All the best for the draft!
If you can convince the selection panel at Essendon to pick McGluggage that would be a great help.
Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys. Come in peace.

Was going to post this a few weeks back, but completely forgot to.

Brisbane requested a copy of Jackson Sketchers GPS results from Frankston. Not sure if it will amount to much but you guys are definetly looking at him.
Apparently going to the Pies VFL team according to Paul Amy on twitter.

Obviously an AFL career will change things though!

Apparently going to the Pies VFL team according to Paul Amy on twitter.

Obviously an AFL career will change things though!

"under his Sandy Dragons coach Dale Tapping" .........at the Lions ?????

This is why I don the read the Facebook comments and generally suggest that anyone else with half a brain avoids it as well.

I don't think borrat was seriously suggesting that. Seemed like a tongue-in-cheek comment on our history of developing young players only for them to move to their club of choice after two years. As in, wouldn't it be nice if it worked the other way for a change.

That's how I read it, anyway ;)
yeah pretty much

shame the drug cheats wont get him otherwise it would be great to have the opportunity to get him then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back