List Mgmt. 2016 general list discussion and speculation (cont in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love for them to find an actual ruckman. That alone would bbe pretty cool.
Yes, once we are over the 'actual ruckman' hurdle 'durability' should be next on the list though.

I would love for them to find an actual ruckman. That alone would bbe pretty cool.

McIntosh was an actual ruckman. He just was not durable. Hence my no to Berger.

McIntosh was an actual ruckman. He just was not durable. Hence my no to Berger.
I'm happy for us to place faith in Clark and Stanley as our rucks TBH. Particularly with Walker developing well as a CHF. Lets focus on recruiting ready made mids and perhaps a rebounding defender.

No Berger for you! :D

Makes me think they will really be into Leunenberger at the end of the year.
Say thanks for nothing to McIntosh and welcome in another 27 yr old injury prone has been.

Hope not. Hopefully Stanley has a good year in the ruck and if we do get another ruck its a durable one.

Probably not going to sit well with many here, but whatever.

I'd happily see Mitch Duncan traded to WA in return for a late first (or, ideally, Jeremy McGovern) at the end of the year.

I don't hate him as a player, but he's been quite frustrating the last couple of years, and hasn't really come on.

This article today was probably the final straw for me.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-20/hes-an-animal

"It's been a slow start which is disappointing … I haven't had a great start to the season so to get a bit of the ball this week and I thought I played my role pretty well so that is a start," Duncan said.

Without knowing exactly what his role is, I thought he was pretty poor for one of our supposed "elite" users. Got a bit of football, yes, but even in his generally more outside role, to only lay one tackle on a wet day on a narrow ground is pretty ordinary. Some of his efforts leave a bit to be desired.

Just my thoughts, flame away should you feel the need.

I personally would not trade Duncan. He has had a slow start to the year but I just don't think we could be guaranteed a player of his quality with a pick between 10-15. What if that picks becomes another Smedts? Even if we draft a top class player, he will take 3 years to bed in and they will be lost years.

I think Duncan and Caddy are starting to find their groove after inexplicably slow starts to the year. I think they are the two most important players who will determine where we will finish.

It is disappointing how Duncan has started but it is only round 3.

I'd happily see Mitch Duncan traded to WA in return for a late first (or, ideally, Jeremy McGovern) at the end of the year.

I don't hate him as a player, but he's been quite frustrating the last couple of years, and hasn't really come on.

He has though, he's one of the very few whose output has actually improved every year he's been at the club.

"It's been a slow start which is disappointing … I haven't had a great start to the season so to get a bit of the ball this week and I thought I played my role pretty well so that is a start," Duncan said.

Without knowing exactly what his role is, I thought he was pretty poor for one of our supposed "elite" users. Got a bit of football, yes, but even in his generally more outside role, to only lay one tackle on a wet day on a narrow ground is pretty ordinary. Some of his efforts leave a bit to be desired.

Don't know why that has to be the final straw to be honest.

So he played an average first couple of games. Hate to break the news, but the vast majority of his teammates were just as ordinary. Even then, the first week he probably did his job nullifying Brad Hill. I'd guess it's not his fault Scott played him as a tagger.

I'm becoming convinced that, at least on here, the greatest crime Duncan ever committed was not being Daniel Menzel. People are very quick to criticise him, and I can't think of any other reason.

While DE doesn't tell the full story, he had the second highest DE in our team at 83.3%. Had 4 Clangers(of which 2 were FA) so at most he turned it over 2 times out 24 disposals. You attack his effort yet he was our 3rd highest CP winner on the ground.

Our Midfield is our weakness yet you want to trade one of our few mids who aren't over the age of 30 for a solid KPP, of which we have way too many.

The thought of trading Duncan (unless he wanted out) is absolutely absurd. He's been on an upward trajectory for his entire career and is one of our very few players in that 100-150 age bracket that will be crucial for us to remain competitive in coming years. He also seems next in line for the captaincy, should he want it once Selwood steps down (hopefully never...)

I'm becoming convinced that, at least on here, the greatest crime Duncan ever committed was not being Daniel Menzel. People are very quick to criticise him, and I can't think of any other reason.

If Duncan was out injured, rest assured, his reputation would soar amongst fans.

Duncan has been very durable. An important trait.

While DE doesn't tell the full story, he had the second highest DE in our team at 83.3%. Had 4 Clangers(of which 2 were FA) so at most he turned it over 2 times out 24 disposals. You attack his effort yet he was our 3rd highest CP winner on the ground.

Our Midfield is our weakness yet you want to trade one of our few mids who aren't over the age of 30 for a solid KPP, of which we have way too many.

He was also one of the big 4 in our Q3 comeback - Selwood, Kelly, Johnson, Duncan.

The thought of trading Duncan (unless he wanted out) is absolutely absurd. He's been on an upward trajectory for his entire career and is one of our very few players in that 100-150 age bracket that will be crucial for us to remain competitive in coming years. He also seems next in line for the captaincy, should he want it once Selwood steps down (hopefully never...)

Wasn't he removed from the leadership group this year?

Think he's probably too selfish to ever be the captain, or at least I perceive him that way. A Richmond supporting friend of mine described him as a poor man's Deledio, which I probably agree with in a few ways. Talented, good foot skills, always seems to have more gears that he never gets to, leader at the club but will likely never be THE leader.

I'd argue that getting a genuine KPD is almost more important than having a mid. Lonergan obviously got injured on the weekend, but seemed to struggle a bit prior to that, and I don't hold great hope for him playing much past this season. Rivers couldn't get a game this week against a very tall GC team. Blicavs looks like he has the ability to play there, but he's still going to need a partner. McGovern has all the makings of a star CHB, he's probably already what I would describe as "solid", as is Mitch Duncan. KPP's are always worth more than equivalent talent mids. They also take longer to develop, which is why I think we should do this at the end of the year, and then draft a genuine mid with our first pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd argue that getting a genuine KPD is almost more important than having a mid. Lonergan obviously got injured on the weekend, but seemed to struggle a bit prior to that, and I don't hold great hope for him playing much past this season. Rivers couldn't get a game this week against a very tall GC team. Blicavs looks like he has the ability to play there, but he's still going to need a partner. McGovern has all the makings of a star CHB, he's probably already what I would describe as "solid", as is Mitch Duncan. KPP's are always worth more than equivalent talent mids. They also take longer to develop, which is why I think we should do this at the end of the year, and then draft a genuine mid with our first pick.

We don't lack for quality KPDs, after KPFs it's the second last thing we need to add to our list.

Ignoring Lonergan(who is contracted for next year) and Rivers, Taylor is contracted for the next two years after this one. We have Blicavs who's showing the right form, and Kolodjashnij who was good in NABC and has been frequently appearing in our bests at VFL level since he arrived 18 months ago. He'll be pushing for a regular spot in the AFL team next year. That's 5 guys pushing for 3 spots this year, 4 guys for three spots next year.

Sorry to intrude but to answer this question, yes, he has played three full seasons.

Dare say Hmac has played a couple of full years as well. Leuenburger 96 games same draft , Selwood 187 , Hawkins 147.
If we had a solid group a of young rucks who we wanted to add to , perhaps roll the dice. But with our rucks.... no I'd rather not.

He has though, he's one of the very few whose output has actually improved every year he's been at the club.

Don't know why that has to be the final straw to be honest.

So he played an average first couple of games. Hate to break the news, but the vast majority of his teammates were just as ordinary. Even then, the first week he probably did his job nullifying Brad Hill. I'd guess it's not his fault Scott played him as a tagger.

Yep, that's all we need to do is trade off a "young player" who is possibly the best in the team at disposing of the ball by foot.

I think the MC voted him 3rd in our B&F just to up his trade value.
And signed him to a 4 year deal just to get leverage in planned trade negotiations.

Talk that we are after Henderson , which has its aspects that I like . But considering the age profile of Carlton , the only way I can see them trading him is if the are after R1 picks ... we either would have to trade it or lose another player to get an extra pick from somewhere.

I like us re-building a strong backline , the backbone of any good side but if we are to trade our R1 for a backman , id like to ensure we have our list with enough kids , and our mid strength is A grade. So only if we get Danger , SS etc and we have a good balance of youth. Gore, Gregson, Cockatoo all look good but its still early days.

So .. depending on who is available , would we better trading to get another young mid from GWS for eg. if they are looking to come back. Treloar and Shiel may or may not come back to Vic , but if they do...... better to get another mid or go the tall backman?

kelly dung
enright dung
bartels dung
hmac dung
simpson dung
cowan dung
menzel dung
nohartman dung

thats alot of dung

lets hope wells is "spot on" in this years draft

kelly dung
enright dung
bartels dung
hmac dung
simpson dung
cowan dung
menzel dung
nohartman dung

thats alot of dung

lets hope wells is "spot on" in this years draft

Enright will retire... a legend of the club
Kelly, Bartel.......... depending on other movements within the club may play on
Hmac, Simpson.... some say one will survive , if we recruit another ruck both will go for sure.
Cowan,Menzel, Vardy.... will all be given a stern look. There was an interview from SHocking on KRock that he mentioned hard decisions coming
Hartman.............. Stokes on the KRock said it rather bluntly that if he was unwilling to meet the club half way then he probably can be here.

I'd add.......
Rivers........ Thank's for your three years
Stokes....... Sounds very much a club man , he basically said if the club wants him will play..Not sure he will hold a gun to our head for money either
SJ............. When in the green vest , I wondering if he has a little regret about saying no to GWS.

Yep, we'll get another 8 departures easily at the end of the year. That'll be 16 in two years which is enormous.

Getting quality, ready-made, 23-27 year olds coming in at the same time will be absolutely crucial. Obviously Danger is the #1 target but then we need at least another couple as well. If we bring in 8 kids it's going to be a painful ride for the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back