List Mgmt. 2016 general list discussion and speculation (cont in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Won't rest till I've seen he's signed.
There have been multiple rumours, all positive and plenty of past players apparently in the "know", who've said it's all over bar the shouting, ypo. I'm more confident on this one than I was on GAJ's. In that case, I was trying to convince myself he was going to sign but I never really believed it. Tomahawk just seems to be so up front- no deception- what you see is what you get.

Would most of us on here label or term murdoch as under performed,under developed or both ? Or a slow developer not demanding enough to go that lil bit closer to the edge to push himself.....or lazy ? If he needs the MC and playing group to push him, we're in trouble!

Would most of us on here label or term murdoch as under performed,under developed or both ? Or a slow developer not demanding enough to go that lil bit closer to the edge to push himself.....or lazy ? If he needs the MC and playing group to push him, we're in trouble!

Would say none of those. he has probably had more games than he was due , more because we lack other with speed. Now we are starting to get some speed he may have to work harder to stay best 22.

Truth be told Turbo, I think Scooter and Steven are plans B and C behind PD. I doubt we will be bidding for either if PD is in the bag. I think the cash will be spent retaining Motlop and Hawk and whatever is left over on a ruckman.

So if plan be C is done , I guess we start to nose around for plan D.

Id like to have look at some of those defenders up there at GWS , must have couple extras up there. Not FA's of course but a 22-24 year old defender that has not been injured for two years would be handy.

Would say none of those. he has probably had more games than he was due , more because we lack other with speed. Now we are starting to get some speed he may have to work harder to stay best 22.
I hope he takes it on, that he has to work harder now that we have some leg speed choices or growth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if plan be C is done , I guess we start to nose around for plan D.

Id like to have look at some of those defenders up there at GWS , must have couple extras up there. Not FA's of course but a 22-24 year old defender that has not been injured for two years would be handy.
I'm sure we are looking at all sorts of backup and other options. You know my view though that a mature ruckman is a bigger trade priority than a defender.

See post number 118.

D for Delaney OK.... just that when I mentioned Plan D then followed up with the criteria that someone that hasn't been injured two years..... I thought this would have been a tell on Delaney , like so many we have recruited recently have been walking wounded.

Yes if he come good he is what im sort of looking for. 22.9 yo , at 194cm a fraction taller than what I was thinking on , and already having played 6 games. ..not a bad plan D I guess.

D for Delaney OK.... just that when I mentioned Plan D then followed up with the criteria that someone that hasn't been injured two years..... I thought this would have been a tell on Delaney , like so many we have recruited recently have been walking wounded.

Yes if he come good he is what im sort of looking for. 22.9 yo , at 194cm a fraction taller than what I was thinking on , and already having played 6 games. ..not a bad plan D I guess.

It was a tongue in cheek answer.

More seriously he's kinda of a Drum, if he comes good we've got a decent player at a discount if not he was a cheap pick up and we have other option

Plan A was Gillies/Brown/Hamling which didn't turnout
Plan B was Rivers to buy sometime
Plan C is Kolodjashnij (who by the start of the next season should have 3 pre-seasons under his belt) and Blicavs
Plan D Delaney. A decent but unlikely prospect.

I don't think that we would sell the farm to get a "mature" key defender, if there is a decent free agent, we might pick one up. But I don't think we need to go for a mature recruit as long as only one of Lonergan(who is contracted) and Rivers retires at the end of the year. I try to Rotate Blicavs downback when ever we can just to expose him and give Kolodjashnij a few games this year to see what he can do.

Looking through the free agency list at Keyish defenders and players under the age of 30 only Rance is an more than average prospect.
key Defenders Rance
Third Talls, Otten, Pears, Garland Gilbert

Oh...you meant D for dud,now I follow!

Smart ass :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back