Match B: Saturday Afternoon - Nine
Match C: Saturday Afternoon
Match D: Saturday Twilight
Match E: Saturday Night
Match F: Saturday Night - Seven
Match G: Sunday Afternoon - Nine
Match H: Sunday Twilight
Match I: Sunday Night - Seven

I saw that Nine is interested in the next AFL TV Rights.

No Sunday Night Football as the AFL are not interested after poor crowds last season.

If Channel Nine gets AFL:

Match A: Friday Night - Seven
Match G: Sunday Early
Match H: Sunday Afternoon - Nine
Match I: Sunday Twilight

or:

Match A: Friday Night - Seven
Match G: Sunday Afternoon - Nine
Match H: Sunday Twilight
Match I: Sunday Night - Seven

I saw that Nine is interested in the next AFL TV Rights.
I can't imagine that Foxtel could affford to let it go no matter what the price is. Surely half of their subscribers would only get Foxtel because of sport.

A 7/9/10/Fox Footy combination would be awesome. Even if 7 kept the Friday night and Sunday afternoon games, 9 got the Saturday night games, and 10 got some 'local' games that aren't in key time slots (i.e. similar to the current deal 7 has to air all Suns/Lions games live in QLD, GWS/Sydney games live in NSW, etc).

I just hope the AFL force the major rights holders to air the games on their primary channels in QLD and NSW. The Monday afternoon Queen's Birthday game was played on 7 Mate in QLD, yet on channel 7 was a ******* cooking show re-run. What a joke.

thinking Ch 9 would want the sunday arvo game for the lead into news ....then... bogan reality building show ... then 60 minutes

ch10 get the Saturday night game,
my 2 cents....

Friday night - Ch7

Sat arvo (early) - Fox
Sat arvo -fox/Ch7 (delayed)
Sat arvo (late) - Fox

Sat Night – fox
Sat night – Ch10

Sun Arvo (early) - fox
Sun Arvo - ch 9
Sun Arvo (late) – fox

also the next round of negotitaions will see a floating fixtures as per NRL, so no more spud games on a friday night.

thinking Ch 9 would want the sunday arvo game for the lead into news ....then... bogan reality building show ... then 60 minutes

ch10 get the Saturday night game,
my 2 cents....

Friday night - Ch7

Sat arvo (early) - Fox
Sat arvo -fox/Ch7 (delayed)
Sat arvo (late) - Fox

Sat Night – fox
Sat night – Ch10

Sun Arvo (early) - fox
Sun Arvo - ch 9
Sun Arvo (late) – fox

also the next round of negotitaions will see a floating fixtures as per NRL, so no more spud games on a friday night.

Why is the Saturday 3pm TV game delayed? Why not make that game at 3:20pm like the Sunday game?
Also, I'd have 10 do Saturday and Saturday Night like they used to.

What's the likelihood of Foxtel still having every game live?
Foxtel would pay well over what the rights are worth just to maintain their 'every game live, ad free siren to siren'. It's one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, seller of Foxtel in Australia.

If Foxtel were to lose every game, they'd lose a huge chunk of their business. I know I would cancel my subscription if that were the case.

They've invested too much into Fox Footy to lose out now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Channels Seven & Foxtel will go for all the AFL TV Rights once again, 5 Games FTA This will include Every Friday Night Game, 1x Saturday Afternoon (Live coverage in VIC, SA & WA), 1x Saturday Night (Live Coverage in VIC, SA & WA), 1x Sunday (Live Coverage in VIC, SA & WA) & Every Sunday Night Game.

Regarding Saturdays in WA & SA, Saturday Night Footy will be shown every Round as well.

This might be something you take for granted but it seems a bit strange to me as a non-Australian. Why is leading into the news so important? In other words, why are the news ratings seen as being so prestigious? In the UK I guess we have it a little bit between BBC and ITV (especially in the mid 2000s) but the big battlegrounds are the soaps and main reality shows. Has this always been the case in Australian television?

i would keep 3.20pm since it leads into the News but move the Perth games to 4.30pm local time on Sundays expect if its on FTA

This might be something you take for granted but it seems a bit strange to me as a non-Australian. Why is leading into the news so important? In other words, why are the news ratings seen as being so prestigious? In the UK I guess we have it a little bit between BBC and ITV (especially in the mid 2000s) but the big battlegrounds are the soaps and main reality shows. Has this always been the case in Australian television?
Because Australian TV is 30 years behind the rest of the world.

Because Australian TV is 30 years behind the rest of the world.

Basically this. Sunday news in Aus (on 7/9 at least) is consistently in the top 10 shows of the week. It's an anarchism but worth fighting for in the network's eyes; it's why Sunday games start at 3pm now.

Give it time. Is guess as more embrace news on this new thing called the 'internet' (or the oldies/remote peeps die/upgrade) it will fizzle out.

But I'm no anthropologist/TV exec (although I am better at threads than MWNN).

Yeah it baffles me over the news being so important and high rating, can’t really remember when ive sat and “watched” the news, ill have it on in the back ground, but rarely watch it. I tend to browse the news all day on the internet so anything on the tv is already old.

But from all accounts, apparently if the news does not start right on 6pm, the universe as we know it will fold in on itself and all time and matter will cease to exist.

Yeah it baffles me over the news being so important and high rating, can’t really remember when ive sat and “watched” the news, ill have it on in the back ground, but rarely watch it. I tend to browse the news all day on the internet so anything on the tv is already old.

But from all accounts, apparently if the news does not start right on 6pm, the universe as we know it will fold in on itself and all time and matter will cease to exist.

Ch 7 didn't always behave like this. In the early 90s, the news was on at 5:30pm on Saturdays to allow for "AFL Today" to go from 6pm-7:30pm (highlights show). When Ch 7 did live double header Sundays, the news would either come between the two games at 5pm, or after the double header at 7pm. The two West Coast v Hawthorn finals at Subiaco with the 5pm eastern start forced a condensed version of the news to be shown at halftime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back