Play Nice 2018 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 540364 So I have come up with a realistic scenario where all 4 Finals in the first week are played in Melbourne and all are being hosted by MCG tenants. But, with the contact that Etihad Stadium, MCG and the AFL have signed, the MCG can only host a maximum 3 Finals in that week. So, which game is played at Ehihad. How do they decided it? Is it by predicted crowd size or is the lowest ranked final played at Etihad?
I dont think it's at all realistic, I have to say.

is this because your team isn't good enough to do it themselvs? ;)

Also not sure if this ladder predictor you did was a serious one or not but i can't see any of this happening lol

Hawks to stay in the 4 for mine ,just need to beat up on the saints though to Keep the % gap on pies as they have freo last game and will beat them pretty easily . GWS are in very good form to even with injuries and can’t see them losing any of there last two .

I changed my mind on the Hawks. I think the Hawks, and Collingwood are going to be the huge surprise this season. I don't think anyone is going to dominate, so seeing either team in the top 4 is a possibility
Good call.
It's great to see some people with footy knowledge on here who don't let bitter hatred corrupt their thinking and turn them into delusional 'no chance of finals for 5-10 year' foamers.

Adelaide
Geelong
Greater Western Sydney
Richmond
Sydney
Port Adelaide
Essendon
Collingwood
-----------------------------------------
Melbourne
Hawthorn
Fremantle
West Coast
St. Kilda
Carlton
Western Bulldogs
Brisbane
Gold Coast
North Melbourne

PREMIERS: Adelaide Crows
Brownlow: Nat Fyfe
Coleman: Joe Daniher
Called it :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok had a look at the draw and yes I have gone crazy biased against Adelaide :D

Adelaide 17-5
GWS 17-5
Sydney 16-6
Geelong 16-6
West Coast 15-7
Richmond 14-8
St Kilda 13-9
Collingwood 13-9

Essendon 12-10
Port Adelaide 11-11
Melbourne 11-11
Bulldogs 11-11
Hawthorn 8-14
Fremantle 7-15
Carlton 6-16
North Melbourne 5-17
Gold Coast 3-19
Brisbane 2-20

Each team could move up or down 2 wins or 2 losses , but I shall enter these tips on the Main Board Tipping Comp and see how I go.

I think Adelaide at worst should lose 7
I'm terrible at this. Though in fairness I did say I had an itch that Adelaide might struggle. But St Kilda. Blergh. Thought Richmond might have a small hangover but kudos to them , they look the best team in the comp. Happy to see the Eagles and Collingwood in there and Hawks are always a surprise

6/8 is average.

Well, this is early. As always, fixryres only make a real difference in the middle; trades could have a big impact.

Adelaide
GWS
Sydney
Richmond
Melbourne
West Coast
Western Bulldogs
Geelong

Fremantle
Port Adelaide
Essendon
Hawthorn
St Kilda
North Melbourne
Collingwood
Brisbane
Carlton
Gold Coast
Apparently, I can't spell "fixtures". Or, maybe, I am the Typo King.
Certainly I am not the ladder predictor king.

My final top 8 prediction at the Bye!

Richmond
West Coast
Sydney
Collingwood
Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn
Fremantle
8 The Dockers are a monty to make the 8 looking at their draw, not even Ross Lyon can stuff this up, 6 of their last 9 games are at home inclduing Carlton again!
Going back through the ladder predictor thread to see if anyone got it right and I found this one to be interesting! So far havent found any that got it right but who could have predicted Port's unceremonious slide out of the 8. Found a few mid season calls that got 7/8 right but they all had Port in the eight. I have only read about 10 pages around mid season so there may still be a Nostradamus in amongst you there somewhere. Not bothering to read pre-season posts but if someone managed to pick the 8 pre-season then you are a freak.

Last edited:
Geelong
Adelaide
Essendon
Sydney
Western Bulldogs
Richmond
Hawthorn
Melbourne

GWS
St.Kilda
Port Adelaide
Collingwood
West Coast
Carlton
Brisbane
Fremantle
Gold Coast
North Melbourne

Got a Richmond vs Hawthorn final correct hahaha.
Pretty happy with my Port Adelaide and GWS predictions since a lot of people had them pushing top 4.
Didn't expect the Dogs to fall as much.
Thought Essendon would play most of the year like they played the last 10 weeks.
I overrated Geelong massively. Regretted that round 2 when I saw they had Zach Guthrie in a key defensive position.
Apologies to North Melbourne, Collingwood and West Coast.

Coz you're not in it? Don't expect to be top 8 for years. That night you barely scored against us untill the end of the game showed you're a long long way off challenging again.

Hey go check the ladder!

1. Sydney - They won't have the lousy start they had last year. Mills and Heeney ready to go the next level. Not sure if Grundy is retiring or what's happening with Aliir Aliir but assuming their key defensive posts are OK they should be fine.
2. Geelong - Danger/Ablett/Selwood oh and I guess Duncan. Top end quality will take them deep.
3. Port Adelaide - Some great trade period pick ups will see Port a real contender in 2018.
4. Essendon - 3 new best 22 players all in their prime. Tipping Parish to be a big improver. Midfield may hold us back but looking at our list we really have a lot of players that can rotate through the midfield and forward line. Forward line looks phenomenal.
5. GWS - Lost a few handy types but a better run with injuries will see them be pretty good nonetheless. Not sure about their ruck situation.
6. Melbourne - The finals campaign they should have had last year. They won't screw it up this time. Was tempted to put them top 4. They will be near unstoppable at times - but can they sustain it?
7. Richmond - Will struggle early in the season. It's not always easy backing up after a premiership and Richmond haven't gone that deep into finals any time recently. Not hard to see them struggling. Not expecting Martin to match his 2017 season. I also think their forward line is still a mess and teams will have plenty of time to think about how to counter the manic pressure with lots of small forwards.
8. Adelaide - Probably a little worse on paper than 2017 - made the GF and again I reckon could struggle a little earlier in the season. Brodie Smith is a loss too.
----------------------
9. Western Bulldogs - Won't be far off finals but I think they may just fall short. Stringer is a loss and Schache is still unproven. In fact they don't really have any proven goal scorers. Will need Bontempelli to have a much better year than 2017 where he was not anywhere close to the level he was touted to be at.
10. Fremantle - They've made a few improvements. Wilson will help them, Matera may be useful. Lost Weller though. Will have 2 very early draft picks that will likely see some good game time in 2018. Most importantly though Fyfe will have another preseason and a good chance to get close to his best. Bennell could help them improve as well.
11. West Coast - Too many questions over their midfield and small forwards and we still don't know how Naitanui will go. Defense is great. I could see them making finals if all goes well.
12. Collingwood - I think they'll be in the hunt for finals but there's not much to point to huge improvement. The one player I reckon could make a huge difference is a fully fit Jamie Elliot - who I reckon could reach the heights of Betts best years but I'm not confident that it will be in 2018.
13. Hawthorn - Will be even worse than last year. Their youth is very thin and other teams will have another draft to go and improve while they basically sit on the sidelines. Hodge will leave a significant void and I'm just not sure Impey is the man to fill it (cue laughter). Remaining premiership players will keep declining. Jaegar - will he or won't he make it on the field this year?
14. Brisbane Lions - This is the year they'll start to look like a better team. I still don't have them jumping up the ladder just yet but I'm thinking 8 wins is not unreasonable. The days of Brisbane being easy beats are over. Rockcliff will be a loss but I love some of the kids they got from 2016 draft - especially Witherden.
15. St. Kilda - I was a big fan of St.Kilda's list for the last couple of years and kept expecting big things and occasionally they'd show some tantalising glimpses. I've finally realised - they simply aren't that good. Still relying on Riewoldt to win games of footy.
16. Carlton - I don't rate their list build in the long run (picking up too many average/list clogging types) but they would have improved on the ladder had they not lost Gibbs. Without Gibbs it will be another bottom 5 year for Carlton. Cripps is going to need to wear shoulder pads. Did get some nice draft picks though.
17. North Melbourne - Full rebuild mode. Need to stock talent in all areas of the field.
18. Gold Coast - Basket case on and off the field. Will be playing the kids.

I’m not sure so about that. The ladder tells me different.

O’Meara has played 20 out of 22 games so far. He’s doing just fine.

1.) Geelong
2.) Port
3.) Swans
4.) Hawks
5.) Demons
6.) Saints
7.) Tigers
8.) Crows
9.) Bombers
10.) GWS
11.) Eagles
12.) Bulldogs
13.) Freo
14.) Lions
15.) Blues
16.) North
17.) GC
18.) Pies

GF: Port vs Geelong
Flag: Port

You were the only opposition fan to get the Hawks ladder position right. :eek:

Hawks have a lot more falling to do before they start climbing.

Does that fall include making the top eight first? :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back