List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

Why weren't 19 invited? The first round ends at 19.

Clubs with picks in the first round get asked who they're looking at drafting. It means that there's significant overlap and teams with late first round picks have all selected the same players.

There's a big amount of Vic guys who get called up at the last minute to come attend though I believe. Cal mentioned a heap of players that have been told to be on hand including the likes of Bianco, De Koning, Worrell, Jones, Cooper Stephens etc. who are expected to go between 20-40.

Based on the rules we know, it appears the answer is no.

However there's some confusion around whether there's any unwritten rules in play.

For now though it appears we've only nominated him as a rookie pre-selection, we will therefore only get him if he is not selected in the draft, and if he is selected in the draft we will not have the option of matching. If he does slip through the draft like we all expect, he is an automatic pickup though as a rookie. There's no bidding in the rookie draft.

Fox Footy is showing Burgoyne as not eligible to be matched in the ND. If not selected in ND we can pre-select him as a rookie.

Fox Footy is showing Burgoyne as not eligible to be matched in the ND. If not selected in ND we can pre-select him as a rookie.

please-explain.jpg

Over the last couple of years, pretty much all rumoured bad news about Port's terrible decision making invariably turns out to be true, so I'm now fully prepared for us to pass on Kemp and take the Bergman/SDK/Jones trio.
Please explain??? Which recruiting decision would that be?

Max Gawn.

SO Kinnear Beatson has all but ruled out Swans bidding on Green.
You've got to wonder about under the table deals going on that cause clubs 'choosing' not to bid on a player of Greens apparent ability.
However unless Melbourne do it at 3, it makes no difference to us so long as it's before out pick.

You've got to wonder about under the table deals going on that cause clubs 'choosing' not to bid on a player of Greens apparent ability.
However unless Melbourne do it at 3, it makes no difference to us so long as it's before out pick.

Doesn’t it push our pick back next year if they get a 2nd round pick next year instead of not receiving one had Sydney bid on Green at #5?

I don't hate Miles Bergman. I think he's got a lot of tricks that could make him very damaging at AFL level.

I like his Sandy mate Hugo Ralphsmith more though. I've no idea why Bergman is rated so highly and Ralphsmith gets no love. They're extremely similar players in size, playstyle, X factor, athleticism - yet one seems to be going in the first round because he didn't get to train much this year so his ceiling perceived to be higher?

So combining the fact we could have just got someone that to me is pretty damn similar with a later pick and the fact we may pass on Brodie Kemp to take Bergman... he's certainly getting set up to be a whipping boy.

I agree. Its bullshit though. Green is top 3 players in the draft and there is obviously some sort of handshake deal going on. Beatson spun some bollocks about Sydney needing a big inside mid and maybe Green wasnt that player they want....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back