Strategy 2021 bye round planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm very top heavy round 12 as well. Think you can dive a bit deeper than just the number though.

Currently have 14 out for round 12 with 3 Dead rookies on my bench which would leave me with 13 playing in Round 12 - Out of those 14 so many are rookies and mid pricers that can be moved on.

Bergman
Burgess
Farrar
Kosi
Brockman
Powell

Phillips
Jiath
Stephenson
Hall
Markov

9 Trades left after this week before first Bye and i'd need to move on at least 6 players from that group.

I'm very top heavy round 12 as well. Think you can dive a bit deeper than just the number though.

Currently have 14 out for round 12 with 3 Dead rookies on my bench which would leave me with 13 playing in Round 12 - Out of those 14 so many are rookies and mid pricers that can be moved on.

Bergman
Burgess
Farrar
Kosi
Brockman
Powell

Phillips
Jiath
Stephenson
Hall
Markov

9 Trades left after this week before first Bye and i'd need to move on at least 6 players from that group.
Ziebell
Cumming
Idun
Stewart
Markov

Taranto
Stephenson
Powell

Hall
Atkins
Fantasia
Bergman

I should be trading Atkins, Fantasia, Idun, Markov and possibly Bergman by rd 12, so it should balance out a bit.

Also note, that 3 trades netting no cash is a sad position to be in.
So play the long game and get your rookies right this week and next so they're worth something come rounds 12,13,14.

No point (looks at myself) cashing in Sharp & Highmore, taking that $55k thinking you'll do a premo upgrade.

Break even & rookie game must be played disciplined & wisely for the next month.

I had the structure pretty close 8/9/13 from memory. God knows what it looks like 2 weeks later 😳
I'm now at 13/8/9 lmao. Dumping Crows/Swans for North/GWS. Ziebell/Hall/Jelly in hasn't helped.

Next weeks plan of Markov/Fanta out for Gawn/RCD will fix it to a 11/9/10 but even then there is a risk of 4 of them not playing lol. Bit of tidying up to do to get it to 8/10/12 but certainly doable.

Last edited:
I'm now at 13/8/9 lmao. Dumping Crows/Swans for North/GWS. Ziebell/Hall/Jelly in hasn't helped.

Next weeks plan of Markov/Fanta out for Gawn/RCD will fix it to a 11/9/10 but even then there is a risk of 4 of them not playing lol. Bit of tidying up to do to get it to 8/10/12 but certainly doable.
I've just planned out my trades for the next four weeks.

I'm going to need to bite the bullet and retain players like Warner, Rowe, Jordon and Serong to the byes i think. Even if I lose cash on any of them in the short term, it's more important to have the cattle in Round 12 over retaining guys like Markov, Fantasia, Idun, Koschitzke etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at 10/8/14 before trades this week. So it's workable

But my trades this week would ideally be adding players with Rnd 12 bye. Might have to suck it up a bit and play the longer safe game

I'm going to need to bite the bullet and retain players like Warner, Rowe, Jordon and Serong to the byes i think. Even if I lose cash on any of them in the short term, it's more important to have the cattle in Round 12 over retaining guys like Markov, Fantasia, Idun, Koschitzke etc.
Definitely seems the way unless you have the cash to load up on Melbourne premos or the Sydney defenders.

I'll have Drew/Bergman to dump from my R12 guys before then too which should net me something good (I hope)

I'm 10/8/12 after trades this week, so actually in quite a good spot (I think ?)

Have Phillips and Markov with the round 12 bye that I can hopefully flip for Merrett and Lloyd by round 12 which would make me 8/9/13 assuming I can keep to the structure. Is 8/9/13 ideal ?

I keep looking at this as well. I still have Gulden, Warner, Berry, Rowe etc. It's looking like no matter what, they'll have to be kept so there's enough warm bodies for round 12. All the other rookies that have the round 12 bye aren't even close to making enough cash - blokes like Farrar, Bergman, Frederick .etc. still have a fair bit of coin to make.

There always seems to be carnage at the byes each year as well so bracing for the worst....

I keep looking at this as well. I still have Gulden, Warner, Berry, Rowe etc. It's looking like no matter what, they'll have to be kept so there's enough warm bodies for round 12. All the other rookies that have the round 12 bye aren't even close to making enough cash - blokes like Farrar, Bergman, Frederick .etc. still have a fair bit of coin to make.

There always seems to be carnage at the byes each year as well so bracing for the worst....
Thankfully we have three trades during the byes themselves to address carnage.

I'm trying to get my side into a position by ROund 11 where if I had no trades I could still make 18 in each round. Then the three trades will help boost me out.

10/7/13 so in theory 20/23/17 playing.

But removing my dead weight (meek/highmore and probably flynn).

18/20/16.

Actually ok with that right now. If I can scrape through Round 12 fielding 18.... Then field 20 in Round 19/20 I'll give myself a pass mark.

14/6/10
Oh boy, I'm in trouble.
Shuffling the deck chairs as of next week.
I’m at 15/6/9 after bringing Jelly and Hall in this week.
9 trades to cull R12 cash cows (Kozi, Bergman, Farrar, Powell, Brockmann) and mid-pricers (Phillips, Stephenson, Markov and even Cumming if he drops off)

I’m at 15/6/9 after bringing Jelly and Hall in this week.
9 trades to cull R12 cash cows (Kozi, Bergman, Farrar, Powell, Brockmann) and mid-pricers (Phillips, Stephenson, Markov and even Cumming if he drops off)
Yeah, I'm looking at Berg, Jones, Farrar, Markov (next week), Kosi, Green 🤮 (next week) and even Flynn.
Powell is last resort trade, at this stage anyway.
It's not impossible, just have to be disciplined the next few weeks.

Got 13 in R12 at the moment but I'm not THAT concerned. A lot of guys I want to move on such as Atkins, CJ, Hall (inevitable injury) and Bergman/Kosi/Farrar will also be maxed out well before then.

What should I be aiming for? Get it down to 8? Really want to nail the byes as I'm in a very good spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back