Resource 2021 Finals Ticketing info for all Finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn’t agree more. If these morons who are hell bent on turning SA into an over-cautious, oversized retirement village get voted back in I’m leaving the state.

It’ll be tough, but I could live with that.

If I was Stephen I would be watching the game in TV in his luxury lounge in Parliament. It will be a bad look frosting out so many but going to the game himself!

SAhealth is a joke wrapped in paranoia

Very dissapointing with the 15k crowd and the likely no prelim if we win this Friday, I'm sure this will give the boys a little extra incentive to bring the cup home from wa in a months time. I'm not scared to play on a neutral ground in fact playing the prelim on the same ground as the gf is probably better if in fact you do make it thru to the gf.

Very dissapointing with the 15k crowd and the likely no prelim if we win this Friday, I'm sure this will give the boys a little extra incentive to bring the cup home from wa in a months time. I'm not scared to play on a neutral ground in fact playing the prelim on the same ground as the gf is probably better if in fact you do make it thru to the gf.
Where is this no home prelim if we win coming from? WA and SA borders are set to be opened today. What is stopping us getting a home prelim? Providing there's no outbreak here crowds will be increased in a couple of weeks.

Where is this no home prelim if we win coming from? WA and SA borders are set to be opened today. What is stopping us getting a home prelim? Providing there's no outbreak here crowds will be increased in a couple of weeks.
I just saw a tweet from Ryan Daniels who is a journalist in Perth. He has said that Geelong, Melb and Brisbane have been told they will fly out of adelaide to Perth this weekend after the games. To either host semi finals or home prelims. Port for now will stay in adelaide. Brisbane fans already upset that they wont hold a final. Tried attaching the tweet but couldnt

I don’t care where we play or if I can attend. This is about winning a flag. Nothing else.

I would rather win a flag from my lounge room than lose one at the ground. I just want the players to be 100% aware that there are 100,000 plus who are 110% behind them.

History won’t record if I was at the ground on GF day. But it will record forever that PAFC added to its unrivalled history.

Just get the job done boys. We are behind you - about 2965.5 km behind you (probably).

I just saw a tweet from Ryan Daniels who is a journalist in Perth. He has said that Geelong, Melb and Brisbane have been told they will fly out of adelaide to Perth this weekend after the games. To either host semi finals or home prelims. Port for now will stay in adelaide. Brisbane fans already upset that they wont hold a final. Tried attaching the tweet but couldnt
Port will stay in Adelaide because there will be a "sterile corridor" between SA and WA. Baring any outbreaks we will host a semi or a prelim. The others won't because there's high border restrictions between WA and QLD/VIC.

I don’t care where we play or if I can attend. This is about winning a flag. Nothing else.

I would rather win a flag from my lounge room than lose one at the ground. I just want the players to be 100% aware that there are 100,000 plus who are 110% behind them.

History won’t record if I was at the ground on GF day. But it will record forever that PAFC added to its unrivalled history.

Just get the job done boys. We are behind you - about 2965.5 km behind you (probably).
It's not about us individuals being part of history, it's about the human experience and memories. I'll be devo if I'm unable to attend the GF. Have waited since 2007 to feel that GF feeling, it's a bloody long time between drinks and I want to feel that again. Especially that 2004 ecstasy. It still gives me chills down my spine when I think of Gavin's goal in the 3rd term where I thought, holy shit, we've got this.

I guess though with Covid we just have to suck it up and understand it'll always be our story for future generations.

Port will stay in Adelaide because there will be a "sterile corridor" between SA and WA. Baring any outbreaks we will host a semi or a prelim. The others won't because there's high border restrictions between WA and QLD/VIC.

Local news services were last night reporting that prelim finals teams will probably have to shift to Perth as the GF is looking very likely to be held there.

Hopefully we will have that sterile corridor and be allowed to play the prelim final here if we win on Friday night.

Nope, the tweet sets out a pretty logical path forward really.

Port and Brisbane to stay in Adelaide and Brisbane pending QF results. If either or both lose, they host the winners of the Tassie games in semis.

But if Port and/or Brisbane win, the winners of the Tassie games fly to Perth to face Geelong and/or Melbourne.

At that point everyone will be quarantining in Perth and they won't be flying back to Adelaide or Brisbane for a prelim when the GF is also in Perth.

tl;dr - Port and Brisbane will be able to host semis but NOT prelims.

What's the chances they open up another 10k tickets before friday?

If they do that, I'm curious as to how they will organise seating now they've allocated everyone in their rigid row seating with 2 rows empty.

The checkerboard pattern would have made much more sense, allowing 50% capacity from the get go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, the tweet sets out a pretty logical path forward really.

Port and Brisbane to stay in Adelaide and Brisbane pending QF results. If either or both lose, they host the winners of the Tassie games in semis.

But if Port and/or Brisbane win, the winners of the Tassie games fly to Perth to face Geelong and/or Melbourne.

At that point everyone will be quarantining in Perth and they won't be flying back to Adelaide or Brisbane for a prelim when the GF is also in Perth.

tl;dr - Port and Brisbane will be able to host semis but NOT prelims.
Seems pretty shit if we earn a home prelim and there's no issues with teams travelling between SA and WA.

Seems pretty sh*t if we earn a home prelim and there's no issues with teams travelling between SA and WA.

The trouble is that there might be no issues today but then there are issues tomorrow - 1 case is all it will take for McGowan to lower the boom gate once again.

So the AFL just want to get everyone into WA with enough time for both grand final teams to have quarantined by the time the game rolls around so everything can be normal with post match celebrations, etc.

The trouble is that there might be no issues today but then there are issues tomorrow - 1 case is all it will take for McGowan to lower the boom gate once again.

So the AFL just want to get everyone into WA with enough time for both grand final teams to have quarantined by the time the game rolls around so everything can be normal with post match celebrations, etc.

Normal you say ?

WA have brought teams in all bloody year provided they have done a week in quarantine upon entry to WA. I don't understand why all of a sudden they are going away from that system which has been proven to work quite well, and this includes letting in teams who have been in Victoria prior to entering WA.

Youre right in that it only takes 1 case for McGowan to shit the bed, but that also goes for his state. 1 case from WA and there will be no crowds at the games.

The AFL could even put a bye between the prelimimary finals and the grand final to ensure everyone can do a full 14 day quaratine in the Joondalup resort prior to playing the grand final.

The promise of 60k in both prelims and the grand final to inject a nice money grab into the AFL coffers is the sole reason that us or Brisbane would be denied a home prelim if we were entitled to it by winning this weekend - nothing more.

McGowan not opening the SA border with WA, so no 14 day quarantine for low risk SA and NZ and get a very low risk rating like NT and Tassie who have no quarantine requirements, and Marshall keeping crowds at 15k or less.

WA have brought teams in all bloody year provided they have done a week in quarantine upon entry to WA. I don't understand why all of a sudden they are going away from that system which has been proven to work quite well, and this includes letting in teams who have been in Victoria prior to entering WA.

Youre right in that it only takes 1 case for McGowan to sh*t the bed, but that also goes for his state. 1 case from WA and there will be no crowds at the games.

The AFL could even put a bye between the prelimimary finals and the grand final to ensure everyone can do a full 14 day quaratine in the Joondalup resort prior to playing the grand final.

The promise of 60k in both prelims and the grand final to inject a nice money grab into the AFL coffers is the sole reason that us or Brisbane would be denied a home prelim if we were entitled to it by winning this weekend - nothing more.

The 14 day pre GF quarantine is totally necessary otherwise the field would be a quarantine zone on GF day - just think about stuff like pre match entertainment, premiership medals being presented, interacting with fans post game, the players themselves being able to celebrate post game, etc. It's just better if they're out of quarantine by then.

Agree that there are ways around it with the bye but the AFL will put it in the too hard basket.

Also, 60k isn't guaranteed at Perth prelims. Geelong v Melbourne would go close but Port v Brisbane would struggle to get 30k. All depends on the match ups.

McGowan not opening the SA border with WA, so no 14 day quarantine for low risk SA and NZ and get a very low risk rating like NT and Tassie who have no quarantine requirements, and Marshall keeping crowds at 15k or less.
I heard on the radio this morning that they're expecting WA/SA be downgraded today so no quarantine between the two states is required.

The 14 day pre GF quarantine is totally necessary otherwise the field would be a quarantine zone on GF day - just think about stuff like pre match entertainment, premiership medals being presented, interacting with fans post game, the players themselves being able to celebrate post game, etc. It's just better if they're out of quarantine by then.

Also, 60k isn't guaranteed at Perth prelims. Geelong v Melbourne would go close but Port v Brisbane would struggle to get 30k. All depends on the match ups.
Will Perth people in massive numbers pay $200 to watch a PF that doesn't involve their team and rush to buy $400+ GF tickets?? The GF I can see the corporates spending big and buying large slabs of tickets when it goes on sale to general public.

The Dreamtime game was reasonably priced, partly to allow for many indigenous community members who travelled from all over WA, and partly because it was Essendon's home game and they negotiated ticket prices with Perth Stadium's venue manager, VenuesLive so that they didn't charge WCE games prices.

I don't think it will be an automatic carbon copy of the Dreamtime game - crowd wise.

I heard on the radio this morning that they're expecting WA/SA be downgraded today so no quarantine between the two states is required.
I will believe it when I see it in black and white on the WA government covid site. I don't trust Lootenant McGowan to be reasonable.

If they do that, I'm curious as to how they will organise seating now they've allocated everyone in their rigid row seating with 2 rows empty.

The checkerboard pattern would have made much more sense, allowing 50% capacity from the get go.

If they didn’t intend to open the top level of the Riverbank Stand like the Carlton game, they should be able to do that and let another few thousand in without too many issues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back