2022 Carji Greeves Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

The winner is Jeremy Cameron Guthrie ;)

As someone on Twitter pointed out to me, Cameron essentially can be traced back to Steven Motlop - the pick we got for him was used to get Ablett and pick 24 which became Kelly which ultimately became Cameron. Motlop for a premiership best and fairest

Not bad

Love it. Both had great years. Honestly all the top 10 did weve had a really even year.

But cuthrie is so consistent and jezza wow is anyone complaining about the 3 late r1s now?

Got him and delivered us a flag within 2 years- could have given up 10 first round picks and I wouldn't have cared, haha.

To only have given up what was basically pick 24, for Jez, Coop and Willis and some left over, is utterly ridiculous. We truly are the most amazing traders in the business.

As someone on Twitter pointed out to me, Cameron essentially can be traced back to Steven Motlop - the pick we got for him was used to get Ablett and pick 24 which became Kelly which ultimately became Cameron. Motlop for a premiership best and fairest

Not bad

Yep that's right, goes back two more steps, haha. Also ended up with Coop and Willis and another pick too. It's just insane

Not bad
So Motlop essentially paid for 3 years of twilight GAJ (still very good), 2 years of elite Kelly and 2 years of Cameron (with a few to come) over a 5 year period? Given the Kelly picks were of similar value to Jezza picks. You bloody beauty!

3 forwards in the top 5 and 4 in the top 8 in a premiership year is something none of us could have envisaged a few years ago.

In 2021 we had just 1 in the top 6 and 2 in the top 10.

In 2020 we had Hawkins in 2nd but no other forwards until Miers in 10th.

This is where the MASSIVE improvement is most heavily attributed.

So Motlop essentially paid for 3 years of twilight GAJ (still very good), 2 years of elite Kelly and 2 years of Cameron (with a few to come) over a 5 year period? Given the Kelly picks were of similar value to Jezza picks. You bloody beauty!
surely he gets a lifetime membership for that ;)

Got him and delivered us a flag within 2 years- could have given up 10 first round picks and I wouldn't have cared, haha.

To only have given up what was basically pick 24, for Jez, Coop and Willis and some left over, is utterly ridiculous. We truly are the most amazing traders in the business.
Graham Farmer all over again - identical to what he did re the bolded

And also wore no 5 and was a left foot kick and won the B/F in that 2nd ( flag winnng ) year

Had the top 4, as we all likely did, and great to see Stengle feature so strongly as deserved.
Best small forward in the comp now.
Rapt for Cam Guthrie, the ultimate quiet achiever.
JC has been worth everything we coughed up for him plus interest.
Blicavs so close again. Thank you Cam for bringing us this highly unique and amazing player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My top 10:

1. Blicavs
2. Cameron
3. Guthrie
4. Hawkins
5. Close
6. Stewart
7. Atkins
8. Stengle
9. De Koning
10. Duncan
Pretty happy with that prediction.

Pretty fantastic year, Cuthrie is ultra consistent and the switch to faster ball movement has elevated his game (he was basically the guy taking a high one hander with a bung shoulder and the kick to Jezza gave us the win against the Pies) and Jezza well if we thought we’d never get back what we shelled out in TK well who’d have thought we’d be where we are today.

Jezza is a gun, Stengle the best small forward in the game, Blitz the best whatever the hell you call that utility ruck/forward/midfielder he is, and in SDK he’s basically a combo of Enright’s composure, Lonergan’s spoiling ability, Harry’s marking and with the hands/feets of a some sort of hybrid 7ft midfielder.

Shoutout to Close, has to be the best pressure forward in the game, how many of these blokes kick over 20 goals themselves a year, nullify the opposition small defender and also outrun everyone to get ball everywhere around the ground, we truly have something special here.

Pretty happy with that prediction.
Picking just one of the winners is minimum requirement for credit*.

*Well played though

I had Guthrie as the winner, Blicavs and Cameron top 3 (it's hard to pick a duel winner to be fair), Stengle and Close in the top 8 and Tuohy to do well (sadly, no Duncan). Atkins, despite his strong year, still surprised me. Of the 3 I said would surprise us (SDK, Holmes and Zuthrie) one snuck into the top 10.

Kinda forgot to predict where Hawk would fall but he has a grip on the top 5 every year.

Not bad

Brent Prismall to Essendon got us the pick that brought in Motlop

Brent Prismall to Essendon got us the pick that brought in Motlop
IF

Brent Prismall stays at Geelong

THEN

Jeremy Cameron is not a Premiership player at Geelong.

Am I doing it right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back