Position 2023 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love a midfield of Laird Bray Crae but I can't get there. Not with all this value around anyway. Laird is over spend as is but he should be worth it to lock in that 120+ (c) every week

Spewing not have Bray after that 180 last year when starting him.. having to split unfortunately he's easily the biggest tag target of the 3. Can see him copping attention in about half his first 10 games then pretty clear after that so hopefully that'll be the right time to grab him

Would love a midfield of Laird Bray Crae but I can't get there. Not with all this value around anyway. Laird is over spend as is but he should be worth it to lock in that 120+ (c) every week

Spewing not have Bray after that 180 last year when starting him.. having to split unfortunately he's easily the biggest tag target of the 3. Can see him copping attention in about half his first 10 games then pretty clear after that so hopefully that'll be the right time to grab him
Can't quite get Brayshaw with my current team, but very close...

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230314_220922_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230314_220922_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 69

Will have a much better role but still don't rate him as a player. Can see him going about 85 and just being a crap middling pick that people will be moving up or down asap
His role at essendon seems to actually complement his skillset, something that rarely happened at Carlton (in the seniors at least).
If that plays out then theres no reason he can't match Sheed - at a minimum - for only an additional $20k outlay. Means those losing faith in sheed can just replace hum rather than restructuring their team.

Setterfield not getting the love he deserves from coaches losing interest in Sheed.
Setters will average a tick over 90 imo. Unassuming character and doesn't catch the eye much but lays tackles and wins contested ball enough to average 22-25 touches a game. As the main defensive midfielder he'll be sat on the oppositions best ball winner the whole game racking up pressure acts and tackles.

Was in 2019-2020 that he had a good role playing inside for the Blues and was one of the most improved players in the league according to CD. Recruited Cerra and Hewett and had the breakout from Kennedy and Walsh so he went back to playing wing so had to trim down last off season which reduced his scoring ability even when he went back on ball at the end of last year. Hopefully he's added some size back on knowing he'll be on ball for the Dons.

Setters will average a tick over 90 imo. Unassuming character and doesn't catch the eye much but lays tackles and wins contested ball enough to average 22-25 touches a game. As the main defensive midfielder he'll be sat on the oppositions best ball winner the whole game racking up pressure acts and tackles.

Was in 2019-2020 that he had a good role playing inside for the Blues and was one of the most improved players in the league according to CD. Recruited Cerra and Hewett and had the breakout from Kennedy and Walsh so he went back to playing wing so had to trim down last off season which reduced his scoring ability even when he went back on ball at the end of last year. Hopefully he's added some size back on knowing he'll be on ball for the Dons.
Fingers crossed for him. Always felt he could step up at Carlton if he was given the right opportunity. Unfortunately we just had too many similar players that played his preferred role. Reckon he'll flourish at essendon and show why he was a top 10 pick.

I’ve decided to start with him, he went 87 in his last 5 (3 of those on the wing) his last 2 he averaged 95 playing inside.
Watched his pre season game and agree, he will get a lot of tackles as he’s around all stoppages, they need him there. As he played wing quite a bit he should be able to spread and take marks, especially with the Bomber’s friendly game style this year.

I think he can average anywhere between 90-100 and has a great early draw.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

60 in. Make sure you've joined!
Scores and rankings - 2023 AFL Fantasy Group ✨ Code: 3TSYK7J5 ✨
Bigfooty AFL Fantasy Group
Matthew Mcconaughey GIF

Any reason why Hopper isn't too popular?
Too awkwardly priced in this format; better pick in Supercoach. Did look very rusty in the PS game as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is Bont not in more teams? The guy has a floor of 80 while playing half the game up forward. Can definitely see a world where he averages 115 now that their forward line is stacked with talls

How is Bont not in more teams? The guy has a floor of 80 while playing half the game up forward. Can definitely see a world where he averages 115 now that their forward line is stacked with talls
Reputation maybe? Not really seen as a fantasy guy so far in his career, kinda Fyfe like in that sense. I am on board though!

Am on him instead of Mcrae 🤞

Reputation maybe? Not really seen as a fantasy guy so far in his career, kinda Fyfe like in that sense. I am on board though!
I’d argue the opposite. Only reason he isn’t a fantasy guy is purely role related which is apparently changing this year (although who can be sure with Bevo to be fair).

He has all the scoring avenues. Tackles plenty, gets a bunch of clearances (scores well from CBAs) and gets around the ground for a decent amount of marks (contested and uncontested), as well as being a genuine goal a game threat.

If he plays full time mid he could genuinely be pushing to be the top scorer this year and I think he’s being majorly slept on

I’d argue the opposite. Only reason he isn’t a fantasy guy is purely role related which is apparently changing this year (although who can be sure with Bevo to be fair).

He has all the scoring avenues. Tackles plenty, gets a bunch of clearances (scores well from CBAs) and gets around the ground for a decent amount of marks (contested and uncontested), as well as being a genuine goal a game threat.

If he plays full time mid he could genuinely be pushing to be the top scorer this year and I think he’s being majorly slept on
I agree he has upside and that is why i am picking him but he is coming in to his 10th year and has had 2 seasons over 101. He has been an elite player almost that entire period of time.

Absolutely the role plays a part in that but 10 years as an elite player and probably 2 elite fantasy seasons. I think it can change this year but i can understand why others are staying away.

I’m on board with Bont at M3 now. His stats with increased mid time previously when Dunkley doesn’t play have been hard to ignore.

Expecting him to increase his CBAs again and spend less time forward. With all of Lobb, Naughton, Darcy and JUH, I don’t see him spending to much time forward now so gets the tick of approval.

I agree he has upside and that is why i am picking him but he is coming in to his 10th year and has had 2 seasons over 101. He has been an elite player almost that entire period of time.

Absolutely the role plays a part in that but 10 years as an elite player and probably 2 elite fantasy seasons. I think it can change this year but i can understand why others are staying away.
Yeah this is my reasoning 100%. Can completely understand the “his role should be so much better this year…” argument and won’t be surprised if his scoring does jump, but I can’t do it. Only 2 seasons over 101, sure mixed roles played a big part there but there always just seems to be a reason or an excuse from a fantasy perspective as to why he hasn’t made the jump and that eventually things will magically line up for him to have a 110+ year. I just don’t see it happening.

Role aside, opposition attention is an issue too. He doesn’t get tagged much these days because you can’t really stop him, but he’s the first player that oppositions tend to look at putting all-round defensive work into. Doesn’t stop him doing some amazing things that get commentators out of their seats and get umpires attention for 3 Brownlow votes, but it can often be the difference between a 115+ ceiling game and a solid 95-100 game in fantasy.

I also just don’t think he’s the sort of guy who runs around wanting that cheap +6 or easy handball receive like a Macrae or Baz when they’re on. He’s much happier having 20-25 influential possessions than 35 cheap ones, which is why he’s always been a much better supercoach scorer.

He’ll have some big games as always but he’s not for me in fantasy. Was first picked in the Supercoach team I’m having a crack at this year though.

I've also bought in bont as of last night for macrae with the yeo news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back