Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 15 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With my 3rd trade, I have 740k

Already bringing in Yeo and DC, but do I bring in Keays and have a bit or cash left over OR go the hail mary and bring in Mills (despite high BE)?
Mills has two more big price drops ....I'd let him settle back in for a couple of games, and see where Horse plays him

IMO, I reckon he initially plays in DEF

For 740k though, who else is there really? From any position? Besides DC and Yeo
Good point, if you need someone absolutely bring him in, but could be worth waiting to see where he’s played as Horse loves using him as a Swiss Army knife, plays in a lot of positions.

Good point, if you need someone absolutely bring him in, but could be worth waiting to see where he’s played as Horse loves using him as a Swiss Army knife, plays in a lot of positions.
Yeah its just an awkward amount to spend on a player, and feels like getting all 3 of the mid pricers genuinely is madness haha

Could go real pod in Crisp but seens unwise, if I here something that solidifies Keays role then I'll jump

Confusing week.

Have 20 playing before trades.

However of that 20, there are a number of rookies who could dish up some dreadful scores
(Seamus, Ashcroft, Humpa, Windy, Johnson, Pou, Sheldrick, Maric)

Don't want to trade any premos who have the bye this week.

Looking at trading Wardlaw, Cincotta/Seamus and upgrading Pou/Ashcroft

Can do:
Wardlaw - Lohmann
Seamus - Yeo
Ashcroft - Crouch/Anderson
Or
Pou - Keays/Cameron

Cameron option gives me 22 playing this week.

I am light on for mids though looking at my team - only 5 premos atm (DEF is 6, FWD is 5)

1687440866934.png

I

I’d go with one purely due to the fact that there’s a bit more balance to the side, you ideally don’t wanna be fielding your Sheldrick types post bye and they can develop on your bench.
I’m in similar situation and will loop M8 between Sheldrick/Johnson/Windy post bye

Last edited:
Yeah its just an awkward amount to spend on a player, and feels like getting all 3 of the mid pricers genuinely is madness haha

Could go real pod in Crisp but seens unwise, if I here something that solidifies Keays role then I'll jump
I'm in exactly the same position, if I want Yeo then I have to go for a <740k player. Mills is tempting with the WCE matchup as is Keays, both of them positionally reliant. I have a very G n R's team and guess I can afford to bring in a couple of MP's. The alternative is bringing in Laird this week and another big dog next week would mean I'm fielding 7 rookies out of 21 playing as opposed to 6 with the 2 Mp's

Screenshot_20230623-110135.png

Going earlier on Humphrey than what I'd ideally like but the chance to get Laird is too appealing. My mids are pretty trash with Walsh, Steele and Rowell all underperforming so getting another captain option in makes it look slightly better!

Means I'll be running a Windhager or Sheldrick at F6/M8 for a week or two but happy to loop there.

20 on field this week.

View attachment 1719604

Going earlier on Humphrey than what I'd ideally like but the chance to get Laird is too appealing. My mids are pretty trash with Walsh, Steele and Rowell all underperforming so getting another captain option in makes it look slightly better!

Means I'll be running a Windhager or Sheldrick at F6/M8 for a week or two but happy to loop there.

20 on field this week.
Also going early on Humphrey with an upgrade to Darcy Cameron.
Hoping the size differential in the two players is reflected in their fantasy scores from here on.
(I'd back Cameron to score more than Humphrey most weeks)
That, plus Ashcroft to Mitchell officially makes my side rookie free.

Thought about getting Lohmann over Maric for my 3rd trade. Dont want to spend any extra cash but need to replace Humphreys cash gen with someone a bit better than a 1 game forward in a bottom placed side. Maric in for now.
Part of the reason I'm ok getting Titch now.
Players from finals bound sides tend to be better picks in the latter half of the season.
Merrett still on the cards once he's over the next few tough weeks and I see how he fares with Parish back, plus Docherty in after his bye.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we even think Mills plays midfield?

Sheldrick held on and he’s seemingly mid or bust, and looking at the changes, Mills is in for Fox, a defender.
Interesting one, I can't jump on Mills sight unseen.

I swear Fox played forward for parts of last week. based on his heat map looks like that might have been the case as well.

Thoughts on:
Out: Tom Green, Sheezel, Wardlaw
In: Parker, Duggan, Keays

Will give me a real shot at a monster score this week.

Do we even think Mills plays midfield?

Sheldrick held on and he’s seemingly mid or bust, and looking at the changes, Mills is in for Fox, a defender.
The thing is that Fox didn't play defence, he played a weird utility role, on the wing and drifting back and forward.He played that poorly, hence he got dropped.

Our back 7 is as named plus Francis. Since Mills last played we have Melican and Rampe back in the team Tom McCartin should be back also, most likely at the expense of Francis

So see Mills playing midfield. Obviously with such a high breakeven, the safe play would be to monitor for a week or two Incas Horse decides to manage his minutes to ease him back.

Thoughts on:
Out: Tom Green, Sheezel, Wardlaw
In: Parker, Duggan, Keays

Will give me a real shot at a monster score this week.
One downgrade (Green to Parker), one sideways (Sheezel to Duggan), and one upgrade (Wardlaw to Keays). I don't think your side gets any better from that

Hard pass for me

Mills has a 142 BE ... surely you wait a week to see his role and if the time off has reinvigorated him. Eagles will be a good warm up and we enjoy letting oppo find form.

Also ... we only have 18 trades left for the year! Dont panic!

Mills has a 142 BE ... surely you wait a week to see his role and if the time off has reinvigorated him. Eagles will be a good warm up and we enjoy letting oppo find form.

Also ... we only have 18 trades left for the year! Dont panic!
That's one of the reasons why I passed on Yeo and Keays (so far) Plus I still have 2 Mid spots to fill and Fyfe at F6

Have to get a cheap rookie this week and can't afford Sheldrick....

Lohman vs Maric vs Harrison?

Wouldn't know any of these guys if I saw them

Should I just pick Lohman to put myself out of my misery tonight and enjoy the weekend? Well.... enjoy it as much as you can with 18 playing 5 rookie spuds

Or maybe Lohman is too much to cop tonight considering I already have Hack Steele to annoy me?

Rat out and listed as first emergency (on the AFL website, anyway...).
Warning GIF

Confusing week.

Have 20 playing before trades.

However of that 20, there are a number of rookies who could dish up some dreadful scores
(Seamus, Ashcroft, Humpa, Windy, Johnson, Pou, Sheldrick, Maric)

Don't want to trade any premos who have the bye this week.

Looking at trading Wardlaw, Cincotta/Seamus and upgrading Pou/Ashcroft

Can do:
Wardlaw - Lohmann
Seamus - Yeo
Ashcroft - Crouch/Anderson
Or
Pou - Keays/Cameron

Cameron option gives me 22 playing this week.

I am light on for mids though looking at my team - only 5 premos atm (DEF is 6, FWD is 5)

View attachment 1719444
Think I have settled on this.

1687504687202.png

64k in the bank.

Happy to take a flier on Yeo, if he fails it is at least in a bye round and I will have 21 playing this week. Plus he has a decent amount of cash on his head to trade in 2-4 weeks.

Probably comes down to Crouch vs Anderson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back