Player Watch 2023 Father Son player watch - McCabe, Dear and Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I keep deleting posts referencing this, but can we move away from suggesting or making juvenile jokes about the bloodlines of players.

This is a public forum and parents of players do read here.

Doesn't really answer my question though. If we nominate Dear as a rookie and he is bid on in ND do we still have the ability to match?
I think WWCD's post was misleading. I don't believe you can nominate them as a rookie, just in the ND, but can take them as a rookie if they fall through (without actually needing to select them in the RD).

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone does nominate him. TalL’s are a bit of a thing at the moment. With his end of season form, it would have attracted interest. Possibly 3rd 4th round selection
With the sketchiness of form, I would have thought that he would be a speculative 4th rounder. If a bid comes in the 4th round, you might be looking at a points deficit of 200+ points which deficit wise won't kill us if we have a 2024 Top 10 pick since the difference in draft positions is less than if it came out of a later pick.

I don't think media chatter from SEN or Cal Twomey is going to move the needle on how clubs rate players.
If anything, Cal's chatter is more directly influenced by club sentiment towards players than the other way round.

If anything, Cal's chatter is more directly influenced by club sentiment towards players than the other way round.
This.

Cal isn't a guru at assessing talent, he's just close to the right recruiters to know who they value and who they're going to pick

Think the views expressed in the article are actually those of the SA under 18s coach, not Cal T. I hope the man knows his stuff!

It always amazes me how much a players value can change in the 4-6 weeks between season end and the draft!

warrants TVA pruning of all involved

Tom Hiddleston What GIF by Disney+

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are due a ‘son of a gun’ who turns out to be a champion. I don’t believe we’ve ever truly had one. We’ve had the odd solid contributor, and several failures. Now is the time for one of these young blokes…

We are due a ‘son of a gun’ who turns out to be a champion. I don’t believe we’ve ever truly had one. We’ve had the odd solid contributor, and several failures. Now is the time for one of these young blokes…
Finn Maginness is currently the undisputed best tagger in the league, to the point that it could lead to the revival of the tagger role in the game and with that usher in the next evolution of strategy for the game. Very few players could lay claim to that level of influence on the sport.

For half a season back in 2014, I thought Will Langford was that going to be that champion. I'll always love him for that few months of brilliance and for his GF performance.

Finn Maginness is currently the undisputed best tagger in the league, to the point that it could lead to the revival of the tagger role in the game and with that usher in the next evolution of strategy for the game. Very few players could lay claim to that level of influence on the sport.
Being a fantastic tagger still doesn’t make one a champion…

Being a fantastic tagger still doesn’t make one a champion…
If he's going head to head with champion players, beating them and helping us win games as a result then I'd argue very strongly that it does.

Tagging may not be fashionable but at the end of the day Finn's work is impacting the results of games.

If he's going head to head with champion players, beating them and helping us win games as a result then I'd argue very strongly that it does.

Tagging may not be fashionable but at the end of the day Finn's work is impacting the results of games.
FFS, he’s played 30 games and has a handful of decent scalps…

sorry I like Finn but you'll be on your own here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back