2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 21 India v New Zealand 22/10 1900hrs @ HPCA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Daryl Mitchell is he the most under-rated batsman in world cricket.

Averages 57 in tests and 51 in ODIs.
Late bloomer. Was so-so up until he's mid 20s than he improved drastically to the point he is now arguably just behind Williamson in terms of batters. Bit like Marnus for us in the long format but is far more complete as a batsmen IMO.

Late bloomer. Was so-so up until he's mid 20s than he improved drastically to the point he is now arguably just behind Williamson in terms of batters. Bit like Marnus for us in the long format but is far more complete as a batsmen IMO.
Mike Hussey would be a better comparison I reckon. Late bloomer who made his debut 29-30. And kicked on straight away in all formats.

Mike Hussey would be a better comparison I reckon. Late bloomer who made his debut 29-30. And kicked on straight away in all formats.
Huss was super consistent for years. Couldn't get a look in because of the depth we had back than. Always averaged around 45-50 before he first played test cricket. Mitchell has built his averages across all formats up substantially the last 2-3 years to be where they are now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy the umps run off for a drop of rain but they kept playing when the players could barely see a foot in front of them

A f**king light show in the middle of the game. That's totally inappropriate when you have batsmen needing to get used to the light.
This comment in the Final thread made me think of the "fog" in the India v New Zealand game. Remarkable to think that "fog" was actually generated by a smoke machine in preparation for a light show during the drinks break (as Simon Doull mentioned at the time and was obviously told to STFU immediately because it was making the BCCI look like the incompetent fools they are).

"Nah, nobody needs to see what they're doing, this is a night club not a cricket game."

🙄

This comment in the Final thread made me think of the "fog" in the India v New Zealand game. Remarkable to think that "fog" was actually generated by a smoke machine in preparation for a light show during the drinks break (as Simon Doull mentioned at the time and was obviously told to STFU immediately because it was making the BCCI look like the incompetent fools they are).

"Nah, nobody needs to see what they're doing, this is a night club not a cricket game."

🙄

Your last comment reads like a paraphrase of either Derek Smalls or David St Hubbins (I can’t remember which Spinal Tap member) saying “this is supposed to be a rock concert, not the bleedin’ splish splash show.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back