2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 27 Australia v New Zealand 28/10 1530hrs @ HPCA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Southee was available for selection.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

We should have played him instead of Henry who had a shocker.

We also should have played Sodhi instead of Ferguson who went off injured after 3 overs and was getting carted as well.

Southee was available for selection.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s not much better. Henry bowled bad but he’s had a fantastic WC. Southee comes in next game for Ferguson anyway unless they go the second spinner in Sodhi

Mitch Starc has to be the least clutch cricketer in the world. Genuine gun when things are going his way but always loses the plot the second any pressure is applied
Yep, only won us the 2015 World Cup under severe pressure at home, but other than that you have a good point 👍

well we won but i find it pretty hard to feel good about conceding 380. even if the needle has shifted with cricket scores in the current era.

a lot of our cricket is wasteful. don't turn over strike in the middle orders, throwing away wickets at the end of the innings, dropping lots of catches, happy to give away plenty of runs with our bowling tactics.

we've well and truly turned the corner though. i feel better about our chances at the pointy end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny isn't it we are the first team in the history of ODI's to score 350 plus 3 times consecutively and we are all still bitching about the batting order....lol

got to love big footy :)

Lost 2 quick wickets, NZ were bowling well and people here were expecting Marsh and Smith to hit every 3rd or 4th ball for 4 or 6.

There will surely be crisis talk for the selectors as they ponder how Australia scored 3 of the top 7 scores of the tournament consecutively (out of 56 total).

Going 6.9 rpo as they have over the last 4 matches simply won't cut it on the big leagues.

We almost lost a game after scoring 388

Bowling needs work
Wouldn't want to be a bowler these days - superpower bats, 60-70m boundaries, the flattest of flat wickets. Reckon if the skipper was looking my way, I'd suddenly be bending down to ties my shoelaces...........

Go easy on Plugger...it's been a tough 12 hours being a Kiwi....as an Aussie trapped in NZ, been the best 12 hours of my life.

If Boult goes for 70 odd off 10 overs, Southee will go for more every day of the week....as we know Boult is a better white ball bowler than Southee. As for Kane, yep agree a great player....but not so against Aust for some reason. Starc still living off the fumes of that opening over v Baz back in 2015....time for Mitch to have a breather.. ..

Yep, only won us the 2015 World Cup under severe pressure at home, but other than that you have a good point 👍
He bowled well then - high 140s with swing and control. Now, though, 8 years later, he's badly out of form. He has no rhythm bowling over the wicket.

0-89 off 9 overs with 9 wides was horrendous and too big a risk to continue with. Letting down his teammates badly and nearly lost us the unloseable match.

Ummm yeahhhh… Starc’s pies, wides and general lack of consistency are just something I made up from today’s game 🙄
Are you being deliberately dense?

Been that way for quite a few years. Neither of those two are death bowlers
I was surprised that Neser didn't make the squad - his batting alone would have been an asset, but so would his bowling.

Mitch Starc has to be the least clutch cricketer in the world. Genuine gun when things are going his way but always loses the plot the second any pressure is applied
"Genuine gun when he bowls well but not when he bowls bad."

You'd make a great commentator on Fox.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back