2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 27 Australia v New Zealand 28/10 1530hrs @ HPCA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

What a load of *in' bullshit, we have a winning percentage of around 66% when Starc plays, and Cummins and Hazlewood aren't too far behind. They are three of the best bowlers in the world and Australia are always a chance when they play. Today wasn't great, but there were other circumstances for that including the pitch and quality of the opposition. Give credit to the Kiwi's and especially Ravindra who deserve praise for his innings instead of belittling his performance by lambasting the opponents.

Was it the pitch or the quality of the opposition that made Starc open his death over by bowling five wides?

What a load of *in' bullshit, we have a winning percentage of around 66% when Starc plays, and Cummins and Hazlewood aren't too far behind. They are three of the best bowlers in the world and Australia are always a chance when they play. Today wasn't great, but there were other circumstances for that including the pitch and quality of the opposition. Give credit to the Kiwi's and especially Ravindra who deserve praise for his innings instead of belittling his performance by lambasting the opponents.
Starcs wides was one of their highest scores. He s**t the bed. Him and the captain have done it multiple times especially in England when any time Stokes decides to attack our bowlers just completely and utterly crumble. They cost us winning the series with a horrible effort.

They'll blow another game before the end

Greenie has never been given an opportunity to bat in the middle order or very little at 4/5 always comes in at seven. We did try him as an opener and it worked a couple of times. Green bats at 4 for wa where he made his name but we never try it for some reason

Just annoys me it hasn’t been tried he can bat four and bowls 130 plus and one of the best set of hands in the game

No brainer for me
And yet we are desperate to keep Labs and Smith in the team. 🤷‍♂️

Wouldn't be against sending Aaron Hardie back into the squad as another all round option. Hits the ball a mile but is solid enough to bat 4 or 5. He isn't that far behind Green IMO in general as it is they have ridiculous depth of options at WA.

What a game!! All but locked into the top four now.

Definitely some improvements we can make.

No state secrets being sold here...

1) The bowlers have been cannon fodder in this world cup, but it's going to be hard to win if Starc doesn't find some form. 43 runs per wicket and 6.5 runs an over is a long way short of what you want from your best bowler, even taking into account the conditions.

2) We've gotta sort out our middle order mailise. This is the most troubling issue because there doesn't appear to be any surefire solution. We're all throwing out ideas, but even if one of them was tried and worked they are nothing more than hopeful hunches, usually involving someone pumping up one of their favourite players.

India are still strong favourites - they're a level above the other teams and are cruising on home soil. We can go the whole way, but if we don't sort out the above two we can only beat India if we catch them on an off-day.

After a disastrous start we're now performing above expectations, which is always nice, but as I've said all along just gotta do what we can to get to the semi finals and see if we can take it down in a two-game shootout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NZ are terrified of us in the game of cricket. We’re so far in their heads it’s plain to see. Genuinely can’t remember a time where I’ve been scared of them, no matter how good they look against anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally think we should scrap T20I altogether. Make that format exclusively for franchise cricket.

Then play more ODI and Test cricket.
Next year will make it three T20 WCs in four years. Talk about an oversaturation.

But who’s making the decision to put him there, that is sliding by without criticism?
Buck stops with the coach. The reality is that Australia needs Head opening and at 4.
I’d love to try Maxwell at 4 as he is excellent at playing spin. He can score at 8 an over without even trying. Marsh to 6 and another hitter at 7.

Buck stops with the coach. The reality is that Australia needs Head opening and at 4.
I’d love to try Maxwell at 4 as he is excellent at playing spin. He can score at 8 an over without even trying. Marsh to 6 and another hitter at 7.

Not against Inglis going up to 4, but then you need to play Stoinis and pray to you know what it’s the good Stoinis. Other option is Green but at 4 not at 7.

Marnus fielded well but let’s be real.. he scored 18 off 26 on a 390 pitch. He doesn’t play and Australia scores more runs.
That is one huge assumption thinking that Stoinis, Green or, gulp, Carey would score double figures, let alone more than 18 in his place.

NZ are terrified of us in the game of cricket. We’re so far in their heads it’s plain to see. Genuinely can’t remember a time where I’ve been scared of them, no matter how good they look against anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Historically they've punched well above their weight to even be competitive, from a country of only 5 million. They come a lot closer to wins against us in cricket than we'll ever come to beating them in Rugby Union.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back