Certified Legendary Thread 2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 48 The Final India v Australia 19/11 1900hrs @ Narendra Modi Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, I was right with the 36, the old memory isn't going too bad (although I forgot it was not out).

He was protesting against something if I remember correctly, I can't recall what though.

Somebody mentioned he had the shits about Venkat being made captain. Boycott was seething about Mike Denness captaining England here in 74-75 so it was a time for opening batsmen to be cranky about captaincy appointments.

A few of us definitely have eggs on our faces for sure. But damn Cummins has lead perhaps the best cup win we've ever had* (*pending non-epic choke). McDonald as coach aswell, they've both done magnificent jobs
The whole team has done brilliantly. Even Warner and Marsh made great contributions when we were in the field which mitigates the brainfades somewhat. Smith burning a review while fielding, and not reviewing while batting probably the only real stinker of a match.

Law of averages theory strikes again. Almost impossible for an athlete or team to go unbeaten for a whole tournament/season.

Just in case some of you want to go looking for the jersey of this world cup today don't bother. CA and Asics never released one
Surely it's a national holiday if we finish this off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks, I was right with the 36, the old memory isn't going too bad (although I forgot it was not out).

He was protesting against something if I remember correctly, I can't recall what though.
Sunny referenced this when Maxi hit his 100 off 40, he said I took 170 balls to make 36, he's made 100 in 40.

Its amazing watching India and their fans just completely and utterly give up. Soft head *s.

Haven't even tried anything different to win, they're happy to just witness the greatness like the rest of us

Strange, they've cruised through most of the WC though and someone has made a big score for them. They finally are challenged and crumble.

SAf put up a more worthy fight last game.

I'm wearing my 2015 World cup winning Aussie Jersey to work tomorrow

My Indian boss said we were no chance of winning on Friday

If I get sacked it will be worth it 👌

Email him a picture of Head lol

Law of averages theory strikes again. Almost impossible for an athlete or team to go unbeaten for a whole tournament/season.

Except for that time we did it

I don't mind saying India were the best team in this tournament. I don't mind saying it's easier to bat now than during the day. Both are true. But what's more true than both of those is that Australia are the World Cup winners. Now that is all that matters :)
And South Africa had won 15 of their previous 18 games against Australia - doesn't mean much if you can't win the ones that really count.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back