2023 Premiership Doco

Remove this Banner Ad

I responded to the promo email yesterday asking what the go is in terms of a wider release. To the club’s credit they got back to me within 24 hours.

A rep from the membership department said:

“This initial release is a trial with Hoyts Cinemas.

There will be a wider release of the Documentary at a later date which will allow for this documentary to be enjoyed by Collingwood Supporters all across the world.”

What an opportunity to watch it on a huge screen and with an ultimate sound experience cranked up. Gives me chills thinking about it.
Can't wait

Yeah, the cinemas have been doing it tough for a while - Covid closed them down and halted movie production. Then there was the Hollywood writer’s strike.

I don’t have a problem with our club supporting a social institution that has been much loved for generations. Nor to ask us to tip in a few dollars towards the cost of production - let’s not be under any illusion that this movie will make any profit for the club.

And it’s not so bad to get the bum off the couch from time-to-time.

Excluding our regional supporters is not good and the only downside I see, but no doubt the club will stream it at some stage - probably during bye round.

Booked. Going Melb Central 2nd March.

I guess I'll share the experience unknowingly with some BFer's. 👍

Good crowd too it seems. What are the odds it finishes with us all singing the club song? Pretty much certain huh!

1708635607891.png

I seem to recall they did a similar thing with the 2018 one ie watch it in a cinema first.

I was a few rows back on the boundary, literally right be behind Sheed's kick. I have wiped the 2018 GF as much of it as I can from my memory. Have never watched the replay and never ever will. 😞

I was a few rows back on the boundary, literally right be behind Sheed's kick. I have wiped the 2018 GF as much of it as I can from my memory. Have never watched the replay and never ever will. 😞
I have watched the first quarter a few times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of sessions at Hoyts Greensborough starting from 3:30 p.m.

Sounds like the session to go as not as busy as some of the others.

As others have said, watching on the big screen and cinema sound a big plus.

They’ve added extra sessions since almost all of them were sold out

Just grabbed 4 tickets for Thursday night 6pm

Check all the cinemas they seem to have just added a bunch of sessions

No IMAX?

It should be projected on the Moon for all to see until their eyes bleed. I want tribes in the Amazon who’ve never encountered white folks before, revelling at Nick’s mid-air handball and Jordy’s goal-heard-around-the-world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back