2023 Premiership Doco

Remove this Banner Ad

How good was this! I wish I could see it again - have to maybe go a second time this weekend!

I literally had tears from laughing at Darcy Moore retelling the holding onto the cup part. Was so funny.

I saw it at Northland Hoyts at 1.30pm yesterday in a pretty full cinema. When I came out, I saw a number of people in collingwood gear going in for another session.

I wore my premiers cap and a collingwood top. Was surprised more weren't in Collingwood stuff.

Yeah the holding the cup part and the way it was edited was brilliant

I saw it yesterday. Was I the only one to notice they used every commentary but channel 7’s at least for the Prelim and GF? I think also the QF but not also 100% positive on that. I don’t blame them but it was interesting.

Overall it was a brilliant documentary and well worth the wait and the price of the ticket.

I saw it yesterday. Was I the only one to notice they used every commentary but channel 7’s at least for the Prelim and GF? I think also the QF but not also 100% positive on that. I don’t blame them but it was interesting.

Overall it was a brilliant documentary and well worth the wait and the price of the ticket.

Yeah I immediately noticed that they never used the 7 commentary

Pretty sure it's universally accepted that 7's commentary was genuinely atrocious for the GF and basically across the entire finals series.

Not sure what's happened because I LOVED JB and BT on Triple M so not sure what's going on with them at 7.

Channel 7 need to throw all the money in the world at Gerard Whately because he's the best in the game right now. Huddo not too far behind him.

I am hoping that we hear something later this week about an 'alternate' release.

The earliest I am anywhere near a Hoyts cinema is this Sunday 10 March. However, there are no screenings at any cinemas for Take the Steps beyond this Wednesday 6 March: the days are there to be clicked on, but it says that nothing's available. I'm thinking that this may mean that the cinema release is only for one week, and a streaming version may be arriving soon.
I was in the same boat.

Was hoping to see it this upcoming long weekend, but looks like it's being broadcast on Ch.7 which is great.

Pretty sure it's universally accepted that 7's commentary was genuinely atrocious for the GF and basically across the entire finals series.

Not sure what's happened because I LOVED JB and BT on Triple M so not sure what's going on with them at 7.

Channel 7 need to throw all the money in the world at Gerard Whately because he's the best in the game right now. Huddo not too far behind him.
JB screamed "Wow" or "Wowee" constantly

BT and JB lack the gravitas required to give a momentous sporting event the sense of genuine significance and drama it demands. Their GF commentary was flat and very forced when the big moments came along. BT seemed tired and as though he had something else on his mind. Disappointing. Imagine a combination of Bruce and Whateley covering our grannie.

Tim Lane is another excellent commentator.

Huddo is pretty good of the modern commentators

His call of Didak’s Qualifying final goal against the Dogs is great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree on Gerard Whately, though I do find it interesting that Fox don’t use him as a TV commentator. He seems to be exclusively a radio caller at the moment. Not sure if that is his choice or the network’s choice.

Yeah it was Sunnybank. Had those comfy recliner chairs. Sorry to hear about the ex wife thing, I'd encourage you to push through anyway and go see it, try and let those thoughts go through to the keeper.

When booking online it looked like all sessions yesterday were 2 thirds booked out or more. Nice to see the army strong wherever I go. At this point I think I could travel to Mars and still find a group of Collingwood supporters there somewhere.
I made the trek to Sunnybank yesterday to watch it, too. It was even sweeter watching it in Brisbane territory... and even more pleasing to see the cinema near capacity with Collingwood fans. Go Pies!!

BT and Brayshaw are a disgrace, frankly. There is so much better out there. You'd think that with the value of the broadcast rights the likes of Seven and Fox would recruit better. I abhor listening to both BT and Brayshaw but BT's obvious bias against Collingwood (for who knows what reason) is infuriating!
the other 3 calls on the dvd are a breath of fresh air compared to the dirge BT & Brayshaw dished up.

BT and Brayshaw are a disgrace, frankly. There is so much better out there. You'd think that with the value of the broadcast rights the likes of Seven and Fox would recruit better. I abhor listening to both BT and Brayshaw but BT's obvious bias against Collingwood (for who knows what reason) is infuriating!
Still hasnt forgiven the Pies for dropping him from the 1990 Premiership.

I hope not. It wasn't that excessive and was typically used for emphasis, particularly from Fly. It added to the authenticity. When you hear it from cleanskins like Fly and Nick, it actually means something.
there was a family with a couple of young kids sitting next to me in the session I went to. The oldest kid couldnt have been any older then 10. I did wonder what they thought of Nick, Darcy & Pendles dropping F bombs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back