Autopsy 2023 Rd 4 Tall Timber Too Good for Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 4 vs the Roos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

i was referring to the stats from the GWS game, so, Toby, not Tom....
You replied to a graphic which displayed the kms ran during that GWS match and mentioned that Toby does a lot of running, when the T Green on that graphic was not Toby it was Tom

If you still don't believe me just look at the spelling of the surname. Toby is Greene ending with an e

Last edited:
A little stiff, he was probably our best performed small prior to injury & was building alongside Durdin & Motlop.
I'd have Fish or JSOS out of the forwardline ahead of him & push Kennedy forward, interchanging Cripps, balances out a bit better IMO.

HF Kennedy Charlie Motlop
FF Owies Harry Durdin
Stamos there's nothing "wow" about my opinion.

First car was my dads 70 HT Holden, 3 on the tree, loved that car
😂 Learnt to drive with a three on the tree !
In and down for 1st, up and away for 2nd, straight down for 3rd.
Pull it in and up for reverse !!
None of the fancy 4 on the floor nonsense, needEd the space for my little brother on the front bench seat.

None of the fancy 4 on the floor nonsense, needEd the space for my little brother on the front bench seat.
Hahaha - I was driving 3 on a tree ford wagon (dads) and 4 on the floor torana (mums). No pampering - just get in either and drive Surrey.

I love reading “If we/they kicked straight, Carlton would have lost…” excuse from Norf and opposition fans. 😂

Norf kicked as straight as our backline allowed them to kick. Maybe Norf should have kicked 18.11.119 to win by 12 points but that would be ridiculous. Or 17.12.114. Or 16.13.109. Or 15.14.104, but that wouldn’t work for them. How straight do they think they should have kicked? 😂

I love reading “If we/they kicked straight, Carlton would have lost…” excuse from Norf and opposition fans. 😂

Norf kicked as straight as our backline allowed them to kick. Maybe Norf should have kicked 18.11.119 to win by 12 points but that would be ridiculous. Or 17.12.114. Or 16.13.109. Or 15.14.104, but that wouldn’t work for them. How straight do they think they should have kicked? 😂
They kicked 11.11 and we rushed 7.
So that initial score would be them kicking 18.4...

That whole concept is bizarre anyway. The moment a point is a goal at any point (pun intended) there is a centre bounce and a million zillion possible different outcomes from there on in.

and buzza's goty in I think 81? was right behind it when he tackled geelong's nankervis in the pocket............and sticks' goal after the siren against north to put us on top and give us a week's rest in the last game of 87.........
Besides the weather and yes it got freezing out there at times, it was an amazing ground to watch footy the actual view from around the entire stadium was sensational, particularly from about the mid level up…
Chock a Block full house with people crammed into the walking isles, entrances and stairwells…
Oh the memories, home tram train bus ground return ticket…

Last edited:
Besides the weather and yes it got freezing out there at times, it was an amazing ground to watch footy from the actual view from around the entire stadium was sensational, particularly from about the mid level up…
Chock a Block full house with people crammed into the walking isles, entrances and stairwells…
Train to Nunawading Station then bus to the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Front bench seats were great, especially with gf in front seat and hard left corners...

Besides the weather and yes it got freezing out there at times, it was an amazing ground to watch footy from the actual view from around the entire stadium was sensational, particularly from about the mid level up…
Sitting on a wing near the fence was annoying, but funny in retrospect.
Any play on the opposite side all one could see was from the hips up, no players legs. Except Harry Maddens :D

Think the changes are pretty predictable this week aren’t they?

If McKay out:
  • TDk forward. Kennedy in for McKay and gets the extra mid spot.
  • walsh in the midfield for Ed who pushes forward as a defensive half forward and honey out
  • acres for lob

If McKay gets off then Kennedy in for Hewitt who is sub.

Think the changes are pretty predictable this week aren’t they?

If McKay out:
  • TDk forward. Kennedy in for McKay and gets the extra mid spot.
  • walsh in the midfield for Ed who pushes forward as a defensive half forward and honey out
  • acres for lob

If McKay gets off then Kennedy in for Hewitt who is sub.

That's not predictable at all windows, Hewett won't be dropped

You replied to a graphic which displayed the kms ran during that GWS match and mentioned that Toby does a lot of running, when the T Green on that graphic was not Toby it was Tom

If you still don't believe me just look at the spelling of the surname. Toby is Greene ending with an e
I forgot about Tom, thought they were meaning Toby. Your explaination makes way more sense. Imagine running around 15k's for 5 touches....

The vibe at the ground and promotion on social media was first rate. Great marketing by both clubs, in particular ours.

It definitely didn’t feel like we were the ‘guest team’ and our admin did a fantastic job in leveraging the occasion and really ‘owning it’. Helps when we win, but I got the sense Carlton have really grabbed this fixture with both hands.

Assuming this date will be North/Carlton for a while, will the home game rights alternate like it does for other marquee games (round one, Anzac, Easter Monday, etc)?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back