Autopsy 2023 Rd 4 Tall Timber Too Good for Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 4 vs the Roos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The vibe at the ground and promotion on social media was first rate. Great marketing by both clubs, in particular ours.

It definitely didn’t feel like we were the ‘guest team’ and our admin did a fantastic job in leveraging the occasion and really ‘owning it’. Helps when we win, but I got the sense Carlton have really grabbed this fixture with both hands.

Assuming this date will be North/Carlton for a while, will the home game rights alternate like it does for other marquee games (round one, Anzac, Easter Monday, etc)?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Suspect it will stay North's for awhile

The vibe at the ground and promotion on social media was first rate. Great marketing by both clubs, in particular ours.

It definitely didn’t feel like we were the ‘guest team’ and our admin did a fantastic job in leveraging the occasion and really ‘owning it’. Helps when we win, but I got the sense Carlton have really grabbed this fixture with both hands.

Assuming this date will be North/Carlton for a while, will the home game rights alternate like it does for other marquee games (round one, Anzac, Easter Monday, etc)?

Not sure it would cos North's baby.

I think that it stays with North but a great opportunity for us to get sponsor recognition on a big stage, sell memberships early in the year and build up some real goodwill for the club.

Sometimes you get rewards by doing the right thing well.

Love this so much!

You know what I noticed during our Good Friday clash? That Channel 7 was focussing on showing kids in the crowd when goals were kicked and they were overjoyed. What do the networks show during any other game? Adults in the crowd swearing at the umpires. Why?

😂 Learnt to drive with a three on the tree !
In and down for 1st, up and away for 2nd, straight down for 3rd.
Pull it in and up for reverse !!
None of the fancy 4 on the floor nonsense, needEd the space for my little brother on the front bench seat.
I learned to drive in my Grandad's 1956 Morris Oxford....that thing had four on the tree!!! Absolute nightmare for a learner. It actually had a crank as well, so if the battery was running a bit low, you'd have to jump out and crank it up to start.

My first car was a 1963 EH Holden that had been hotted up by my brother's mates...they converted the column shift to a floor shift, so it only had 3 on the floor!!! Unfortunately they put the linkages in the wrong way, so the gears were all arse about. Fun to drive though.

I learned to drive in my Grandad's 1956 Morris Oxford....that thing had four on the tree!!! Absolute nightmare for a learner. It actually had a crank as well, so if the battery was running a bit low, you'd have to jump out and crank it up to start.

My first car was a 1963 EH Holden that had been hotted up by my brother's mates...they converted the column shift to a floor shift, so it only had 3 on the floor!!! Unfortunately they put the linkages in the wrong way, so the gears were all arse about. Fun to drive though.
Muy first car was an EJ I bought off a mate with a loan - lasted 8 weeks before it was stolen ( uninsured of course) with two sets of golf Clubs and all my cricket gear in the boot. After that all I could afford was motorbikes for about ten years.

I'm over cars now and this is my daily ride as of a month ago.

IMG-3303 (1).jpg

My first car was a '56 Hillman Husky 'Estate Wagon". (The Poms don't have stations, they have estates) Dad bought it for $75 in about 1980, and yes it had crank start. - never put your thumb around the crank, as it may backfire and rip your thumb off.
The drum brakes were very unreliable (aka often didn't work)
4 on the tree, Pull out the end of the gear stick and push forward and down for reverse
the gearbox linkage used to pop out of 1st gear all the time. Not a problem though, there was a hatch near the driving pedals that could be used to access that part of the gearbox. I just left the cover open, wait for the linkage to slip out, then bend down and pop it in to place manually, all while moving.
There was a clear glass 'bubble' in the fuel line where the fuel used to evaporate on hot days and I would just 'run out of petrol' Again, not a problem. I carried a large cannister of water in the back, I just used to pour it over the fuel line/motor to cool it down and get the fuel moving again.

We had some adventures, that car and I. I named it 'Humphrey the Hillman', or 'Bogey' (as in Humphrey Bogart.) Probably the scariest thing was driving down Toorak Rd one evening, approaching Punt Rd, and putting my foot on the brake to stop at the red light...and nothing happened. I just closed my eyes and went through the red light, expecting to be t-boned. I'm writing this 40+ years later, so clearly nothing happened, and no car hit me.

I wrote it off early one morning returning from my GF's place in Richmond to my place in Mentone. Fell asleep at the wheel and drove into the back of a parked EJ Holden. The Holden happened to belong to the brother of one of my mates girlfriend, so somehow I got away with it.

The stupid things 20yo's do.....

Muy first car was an EJ I bought off a mate with a loan - lasted 8 weeks before it was stolen ( uninsured of course) with two sets of golf Clubs and all my cricket gear in the boot. After that all I could afford was motorbikes for about ten years.

View attachment 1655053
I think that won bike of the year last year, is it as great as they say?

I have an Indian FTR 1200 S, thinking of changing to the new Streetfighter V4. The Indian seems a bit heavy..

Was going to mention this several weeks ago.

Some kids just don’t fit into the blokey football club environment. LOB always looks uncomfortable.

Does he seem to have many close mates at the club do we know ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see him jogging around the Princes Park track a bit with his dog in the pre season. No team mates. He seems like a nice guy though, always says hi to my son who wears his Blues cap.

I see him jogging around the Princes Park track a bit with his dog in the pre season. No team mates. He seems like a nice guy though, always says hi to my son who wears his Blues cap.

LOB? I've seen him doing laps of Princes Park with teammates in the pre season. Fisher and a few others.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 1655053
no glovebox.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1655053
Obviously didn’t get the golf clubs or cricket gear back

I think that won bike of the year last year, is it as great as they say?

I have an Indian FTR 1200 S, thinking of changing to the new Streetfighter V4. The Indian seems a bit heavy..
Meh bike of the year awards ...all bikes are good these days..I've been a Ducati nut for many years the last being a 996Fogarty replica I used to track at Philip Island and fang around the Peninsula not even an ABS on it...this bike is the first 'modern' bike I've owned it even has electronic rear wheel slide control on top of traction/brakes/wheelie/electroinic suspension adjustment on the fly etc etc... I wanted to try an in line four which is why I bought this one

I like the look of the Indian - tested the Streetfighter and didn't like the ride position for myself I'm over 6 foot tall and still weigh 100kilos too much weight on the front wheel for me...

All modern bikes are good - this one has 210HP at the rear wheel - I'll break it in before putting on the compulsory race pipes and I'll get a stage one flash to fix a couple of known issues which result from the euro emissions standards which are choking midrange on all bikes these days.

I think it will stay at North for a long time, similar to how Queens Birthday (I guess it's Kings Birthday now) is always a Melbourne home game. It's an acceptable form of "charity" from AFL House to a smaller-drawing club, and North deserve it anyway, having fought a long fight for Good Friday football (self-evidently a good thing) in the face of senseless opposition from the likes of Demetriou, who put his personal preferences ahead of the national game.

But as you say, it can still be a great Carlton occasion anyway, just as being permanently away for Queens Birthday does Collingwood absolutely no harm. If you're cynical enough, perhaps a permanent away game to North eventually parlays into 5 interstate away games instead of 6... or at least saves us from drawing Hawthorn in Launceston!

There's no reason why we shouldn't become North's long-term fixture. They would like the crowd-numbers we can pull in for them, for sure. And it's easy to schedule us, because we are playing "early-round" games for the first few weeks, following the Thursday night season opener, so there is barely even one 6-day break to consider, prior to Good Friday.

The main danger is the on-field contest - remember the Dogs lost this fixture by being rude enough to belt North the last couple of years. People say North kicked the last 4 goals because we took our foot off the pedal, but I like to think we were protecting the timeslot :cool: .

Who knows, they’ll spin the lotto wheel and see where it lands.

What about Zurhaars clumsy fend off on Cerra - head high contact, careless, medium/high impact. Cez should get off…
nothing clumsy about Zurhaar's action.

Entirely premeditated.....

Should be 3 weeks frankly - a guy could lose an eye from that hit.....

Great game by our tall forwards. Yeah the opposition were a little decimated but you can only beat what is put in front of you and both players did exactly that! Hopefully a real confidence booster moving forward.

How good is Hollands. I used to be a big LOB fan but this kid at 18 shows exactly what LOB lacks. Quick, intelligent, skilled and hard at it. Just a winner.

VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
9 Harry McKay (CARL)
9 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
3 Mitch McGovern (CARL)
3 Harry Sheezel (NMFC)
2 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)
2 Zac Fisher (CARL)
1 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
1 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)

VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
9 Harry McKay (CARL)
9 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
3 Mitch McGovern (CARL)
3 Harry Sheezel (NMFC)
2 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)
2 Zac Fisher (CARL)
1 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
The much maligned Fisher , funny that.
Just shows that a lot of supporters know less than the coaches, that's funny too......
Good on ya Fish
Hollands stiff

View attachment 1655053
damn that's a beautiful looking thing..........

VOTES PLAYER (CLUB)
9 Harry McKay (CARL)
9 Charlie Curnow (CARL)
3 Mitch McGovern (CARL)
3 Harry Sheezel (NMFC)
2 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)
2 Zac Fisher (CARL)
1 Jacob Weitering (CARL)
Interesting… no ‘combo votes’ aside from Harry and Charlie getting 4+5 each.

Wondering if Clarko went 1 LDU, 2 Zurhaar, and 3 Sheezel and Voss went 1 Weitering, 2 Fisher, and 3 Gov?..

Back