Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not entirely true as it assumes we wouldn’t have got the Dawson and Rankine deals done in other ways. Rachelle would be the one we missed out on and I’d take that for JHF

Rubbish. It's factually what happened. We offered those three first round picks to North for JHF and they were silly enough to turn us down.

We then used those same picks for Dawson, Rachele and Rankine. Fact.

We don't get any of those players without three first round picks.

I've seen this way too many times for it not to eventuate. Best to assume it's not a chance of happening and wait until the end of the trade period to find out.

Get him in, win premierships in 2024-25-26 3-peat, then offload him while he's still under contract and got some value. :thumbsu:

This list management caper is easier than it looks! :p
Crows would be one of the few clubs that could take on his 1million a year contract until 2030. I say get him in. Apparently Oliver is close with Burgess at the Crows. We are losing Doedee and McAdam along with Sloane retiring next year and Walker in 2024/2025. Surely we have the cash. Imagine Dawson Oliver Soligo Pedlar Rachele Rankine going through the midfield. Move Laird down back to help out the defence. Win win.

Last edited:
If that deal for JHF went through…

We’d have missed out on Rachele..

But we’d still have rankine and dawson. They were never going anywhere else other than the crows.

Deals would have been made in the end and the suns and swans wouldve just had to accept the best we could give them.

But thank fxxk that deal didnt go through cause JHF is a lazy flog who, if he doesnt pull his finger out and start putting in, will not be the player he can be. And I reckon in the wash up Rachele will end up being the better player.

Oliver, however, is one of the comps best players that is having a bit of a “stumble” in life at the moment by the sounds of it (like all of us have had at least once or twice in life)..

If Oliver wanted out of the dees and melbourne and looked west to burgess and the crows.. then the crows should move fxxkn mountains.

If the blokes in charge at the club dont.. then its clear they arent the right people for the job.

Disagree with you on JHF - but everything else spot on. IF he would come he is a must get

Definitely a top 5 mid in the comp and would open our window next year. Contract length some concern but the size… I would think we could front load a bit with the CBA changes and handle it fine

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've seen this way too many times for it not to eventuate. Best to assume it's not a chance of happening and wait until the end of the trade period to find out.
I think everyone in here is taking this as a low % probability of eventuating.

But its still super fun to run with until its officially gone.

Compared to the last 2 months of list clogger rumours and b***hing about the Sloane and Murphy contracts, today is as fun as Big Day Out 2010

Oliver to the Crows?

There is a better probability of multiple posters on here winning Powerball.

If he wants out, expect the big Vic Clubs to come hard for him, especially the Cats.

I’m just going to imagine Oliver and Dawson in the midfield for a moment. Let me have that.

img_6258-jpeg.1821613
1.png

Oliver to the Crows?

If he wants out, expect the big Vic Clubs to come hard for him, especially the Cats.
Gets along very well with Burgess, that could be our in. May want to get out of the fishbowl of melb. Crows in the window for a flag the next 5 years so i don't see why players wouldn't want to come here.

Oliver to the Crows?

Hey hey hey. I've got a ticket for tomorrow night

Gets along very well with Burgess. That could be our in. May want to get out of the fishbowl of melb.
Im not dismissing us as a chance, in fact there are multiple reasons why we are an option, I just think the likelihood is small.

An elite mid wanting to come to the Crows, has never happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back