Banter 2023 Unofficial Preview threads - volunteers callout

Remove this Banner Ad

Greetings all,

Those who've been around the board a while will recall the old Unofficial Preview Threads, historically the work of Biffinator but many others have taken up the mantle (see: here), which were a source of solace and mirth in the many dark, dark years we had on the board. Basically, the OP would regale us with a fantastical story relating to that week's game, and it became the banter thread for the week with the opposition.

They've been intermittent in recent years but it would be nice to have them back and have a spot for some good-natured s**t talking with the opposition during the week.

If folks feel up to it, feel free to volunteer as leader for a round. You'd write the 'preview' for that weekend which can be whatever you want, just something to get things started. You could take inspiration from our own threads like the Haiku one, The Cut or the MS Paint thread, or the works of Stefania Grodzieńska.

Rounds:
1. v Bulldogs (Home) - SackLunch
2. v Brisbane (Away)
3. v Sydney (Home)
4. v West Coast (Home-away-from-home (Optus)) TheDarkDwarf
5. v Essendon (Away) tomcruise
6. v Richmond (Home) Bluelegs
7. v North Melbourne (Home)
8. v Gold Coast (Away)
9. v Hawthorn (Away) Russian Demon
10. v Port (Home-away-from-home (AO))
11. v Fremantle (Home) Proper Gander
12. v Carlton (Home) Biffinator
13. v Collingwood (Home)
15. v Geelong (Away)
16. v GWS (Home)
17. v St Kilda (Away) Toump Ass
18. v Brisbane (Home)
19. v Adelaide (Home)
20. v Richmond (Away)
21. v North Melbourne (Away)
22. v Carlton (Away) Biffinator
23. v Hawthorn (Home)
24. v Sydney (Away) Scythe94

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel free to take it. I'm hungover
Okay if you like.

I’ve got a big day tomorrow so I don’t think I’ll get it posted before Thursday lunchtime Dory_77 if that’s okay?

Ill take round 9 vs the wees and poos if it's going?

Are we still writing these as adventure stories featuring the now not so rickety bandwagon?

Ill take round 9 vs the wees and poos if it's going?

Are we still writing these as adventure stories featuring the now not so rickety bandwagon?
Write whatever suits I reckon. If a simple statement saying Hawthorn sucks seems to be what is called for then I say go for it

Hi all. Hi Dory_77

I’m really sorry but I’m not going to get to this. I had a bunch of looming deadlines so my week ended up a bit of a mess.

I promise I’ll do one for a later game properly when I have more time. This week I’m just going to have to take my banter to the Essendon board (this might not end well)

I'm not very funny or creative but all the same I'll have Round 7 against North Melbourne Kangaroo thank you Dory_77

I've changed my mind a few times now but that one will be good I think :)
Toump Ass – still feeling up to doing this one?

Since the game is only two days away, all good if not. Let us know if you'd prefer to do another week.

Toump Ass – still feeling up to doing this one?

Since the game is only two days away, all good if not. Let us know if you'd prefer to do another week.
AHHHHHH *!@# How did that happen!!
Yes please, can I move to Round 17? This one came way too quickly :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back