Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine being an elite footballer, seeing someone run straight at you with the ball and be all "great, easy tackle", then imagine you put your arms out, they spin on the spot and run away from you to I50 as you stand there looking dumbfounded.

Congratulations, you just became an Adelaide Crow player.

What a surprise Jack Billings hasn't been sighted since early in the game. I swear that guy only became a footballer because he likes spending time with seagulls

Relax with the Billings bashing ffs, he’s finally enjoying winning more than losing in his career.

Great bloke, hope he does well.

I do too but he's still a wasted talent at the Dees like he was with us but Melbourne are a good enough team not to rely on him like we did.

They have guys like Fritsch and Pickett who can nail goals to make up for the shots at goal that Billings butchers, we just had other butchers.

Relax with the Billings bashing ffs, he’s finally enjoying winning more than losing in his career.

Great bloke, hope he does well.
Great bloke fine, I am very glad he's not still with us though. We wasted our time and resourses on him, paid him handsomely and gave him every opportunity to succeed.

He probably would have benefited from having a better coach, and he didn't ask to be picked 3rd in the draft but he annoys me because he could have been amazing with a different mentality.

We should have chained him up in a basement and fed him human remains for 5 years and created a monster.

The best thing Billings did for us was help us draft his best mate Sinclair in the rookie draft.

I think even Billings knew Sinclair had the potential to be a better player than him and that's proven to be the case.

Another example of draft picks meaning nothing with a rookie draft pick becoming a better player than a player we got with pick 3.

The best thing Billings did for us was help us draft his best mate Sinclair in the rookie draft.

I think even Billings knew Sinclair had the potential to be a better player than him and that's proven to be the case.

Another example of draft picks meaning nothing with a rookie draft pick becoming a better player than a player we got with pick 3.

I think talent and skillset wise Billings could of been a Robbie Gray style level of player.

Billings problem is he doesn't have that desire that FIGJAM about him that is required to go to the next level.

It just shows that the draft is still an inexact science to a degree.
And why I feel we would be better off increasing the draft age.
Because kids don't develop Linear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but imo it also shows that the most important skill in a draft manager is assessing the kids’ mental and emotional qualities, not how well they play at 18 years old.

Also having the developmental and facility access to allow said players to flourish under those directions, fair to say we were a "work in progress" for a fair while there in this regard.

Lot of moving parts to having a talented kid and that kid reaching potential. Scouts are basically just higher level you and me types that hyper focus and have a bit more insight into internal affairs.

They just resigned him. And there is no RTB to take over.
They are stuck with him until seasons end I reckon.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The knives are definitely out amongst Adelaide supporters. On the Adelaide board they’re even suggesting Buckley would be a better fit than Nicks.

A couple pulling their hair out by Nicks decision to throw Dawson to full forward and taking Burgess off to try and win the game.

Quite a few complaints about the one paced midfield of Laird, Crouch, and Dawson. Plenty there that want Rochelle and Rankine to start in the middle to improve their explosiveness out of the centre. And put Laird behind the ball.

I recognise the anguish to be honest.

Not sure there is as much to that as is made out to be.

This article was from before he was drafted.
He was ON the radar. Also, Mark Smart ( featured in that article ) was about to get a job with the Saints, and may have had some stuff to say about Sinclair during his communications with the club, though it would have been through informal channels at that stage of his career.

The knives are definitely out amongst Adelaide supporters. On the Adelaide board they’re even suggesting Buckley would be a better fit than Nicks.

A couple pulling their hair out by Nicks decision to throw Dawson to full forward and taking Burgess off to try and win the game.

Quite a few complaints about the one paced midfield of Laird, Crouch, and Dawson. Plenty there that want Rochelle and Rankine to start in the middle to improve their explosiveness out of the centre. And put Laird behind the ball.

I recognise the anguish to be honest.
Their biggest problem is Tex last year he kicked 72 goals @ an average of 3.2 goals a game, this year average 1 goal a game & he's 34 years old unless Fogarty & Rankine don't get 6 between they are done.

I think talent and skillset wise Billings could of been a Robbie Gray style level of player.

Billings problem is he doesn't have that desire that FIGJAM about him that is required to go to the next level.

It just shows that the draft is still an inexact science to a degree.
And why I feel we would be better off increasing the draft age.
Because kids don't develop Linear.
I think it’s as much if not more injuries and poor development tbh.

1 week for Pickett. So much for the AFL saying players would be punished for making high contact after leaving the ground. I will never understand how that is worth the same as Windy and King.

1 week for Pickett. So much for the AFL saying players would be punished for making high contact after leaving the ground. I will never understand how that is worth the same as Windy and King.

It's the grading system, careless-medium-high is an auto one in scaling, so this is why the impact was blowing things out previously as when you go high or severe with impact it then went "maybe a fine with good record" to "give em 6".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back