Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite the fact I think LDU is overrated and limited by foot he is one of few half decent players they've got approaching his prime.

If he leaves, I'm not sure that North are realistically viable as a competitive AFL club.

They can't attract free agents and talent they draft leave at the first sign of free agency seeking on field success.

A vicious circle of a lifetime in the doldrums. Another generation of this and their small supporter base will also shrink again.

Gone.

Should get rid of our F1 this year. Will 1000% get pushed back.
Why? LDU not a free agent until next year only potential for pushing our pick is Levi Ashcroft father son unless another like a Tyler Welsh explodes or somehow the secret herbs and spices makes cam Zurhaar a million dollar player as he is a free agent.

Why? LDU not a free agent until next year only potential for pushing our pick is Levi Ashcroft father son unless another like a Tyler Welsh explodes or somehow the secret herbs and spices makes cam Zurhaar a million dollar player as he is a free agent.
Hes saying our future first as next year LDU will leave and north will get pick 2 compo

Wonder if we are looking at Tarryn Thomas. I wouldn’t want him at the club unless we were sure he had turned a corner. We all know he can play, it’s just the off field issues that are a big problem. We've got a strong group of aboriginal players that could help steer him in the right direction.

Wonder if we are looking at Tarryn Thomas. I wouldn’t want him at the club unless we were sure he had turned a corner. We all know he can play, it’s just the off field issues that are a big problem. We've got a strong group of aboriginal players that could help steer him in the right direction.
Let's keep abusers of women out of the club.

LDU would be a great pickup for any team.

Can't see us going for him though given the midfield depth we have, and with Smith also potentially being added into the logjam. Unless one or two players end up leaving of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LDU would be a great pickup for any team.

Can't see us going for him though given the midfield depth we have, and with Smith also potentially being added into the logjam. Unless one or two players end up leaving of course.
It is at least realistic that he would leave his current club. I expect he will be highly sought after by strong sides. In a strong side he could be a star. He’d be a great target for Carlton who I reckon are one gun mid short.

I don’t think he meets Sams or the Hawks talent identification criteria, thank god!

We have been told the Hawks look for discipline players who are motivated to improve.

NO

People look at Clarko coming in and being the all mighty savior.
Our list was no where near as bad, we made a prelim a couple of years before, then recruited Rough, Bud and Lewis.
If they are forced to trade LDU before he becomes a free agent and Zurhaar likely out the door, I can’t see them coming back from there.
LDU smashed us a couple of years ago, has been injured since, in the right team and getting his body right would a very good pick up for someone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back