Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s the latest with McDonald?
I mean you can test 48 hours post injury. It’s been nearly two weeks.
The latest is that there is no latest. He’s damaged like pretty much every single part of his knee to some extent. Not a straightforward injury like torn hammy, it’s quite complex. A week by week basis in the first couple weeks is fair enough. Need to see how things progress and settle down before making the decision for surgery or not.

What’s the latest with McDonald?
I mean you can test 48 hours post injury. It’s been nearly two weeks.

They said they were still waiting for the knee to settle but by the end of this week they should have more info.

Jesus you board a plane to Sri Lanka and come back to this. If Carnthedockers and JammoMonty coild work it out privately as I know they have PMs from before this would be great. As I’d rather not upset valued posters, if Tonga Bob and Van_Dyke could delete the last page and a half that would be great.

I’m limited at the moment

I’ve heard Sean Darcy is actually our sub today, building up his minutes

Source : Dirty_Banchez

Can I apply as a journalist at the west now? That’s how we do it nowadays in the industry yeah? 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It appears Sam Sturt should be on this list too. Not named for peel this weekend. Can only assume it’s an issue with the knee problem he had in preseason.
What a shame if that is the case

Re: Darcy injury report says 2-3 weeks. That was on Tue.

He was also back training - incl. on-field running program. I’d suggest we see him back in the mix after the next 3 games incl. today. That would bring the round 7 Derby into the mix. The arthroscope would have leant towards 4-weeks but if some PCL damage as suggested can make a recovery a bit more complicated and difficult to predict.

Hopefully all can be sorted between our source posters. Bit of banter gone wrong it seems.

It appears Sam Sturt should be on this list too. Not named for peel this weekend. Can only assume it’s an issue with the knee problem he had in preseason.
What a shame if that is the case
His knee does seem to be giving him trouble. Feels a lot like the issues I had last year coming back from major meniscectomy procedure. My knee kept pulling up really sore for many weeks during training and games. Eventually came good but needed a lot of targeted strength training of that leg.

Hopefully he gets on top of this soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You not supposed to eat them until Sunday.
Today is hot cross bun day😁
I get the link between Eggs and a Resurrection, just but still working on Crucifiction to Hot Cross Buns, yeah a cross I know but warm buns, oo, maybe I shouldn't go there.

I get the link between Eggs and a Resurrection, just but still working on Crucifiction to Hot Cross Buns, yeah a cross I know but warm buns, oo, maybe I shouldn't go there.
Painted eggs come from the Egyptians (pretty sure). They were put in tombs as a hope for rebirth etc.

Easter was a goddess of one of the pagan religions, goddess of fertility new life, she had a pet rabbit.

The whole fish thing comes from an edict from the pope so fishmongers could make some money. (I learnt today)

🤷🏼‍♂️

Painted eggs come from the Egyptians (pretty sure). They were put in tombs as a hope for rebirth etc.

Easter was a goddess of one of the pagan religions, goddess of fertility new life, she had a pet rabbit.

The whole fish thing comes from an edict from the pope so fishmongers could make some money. (I learnt today)

🤷🏼‍♂️
I thought the fish edict was one of the Kings or Queens in England.
Yes Easter is a pagan festival of fertility celebrating the Goddess Eastrea.
Most Christian dates have taken over from the previous dominate religious and incorporated their take.

Last edited:
I thought the fish edict was one of the Kings or Queens in England.
Yes Easter is a pagan festival of fertility celebrating the Goddess Eastrea.
Most Christian dates have taken over from the previous dominate religious and incorporated the their take.
The connection to Eastrea is a myth, it actually comes from the jewish holiday of passover. Which when you think about it makes a lot more sense considering the last supper and all that.

It doesn't make a lot of sense if you consider basically every other name for Easter comes from Hebrew via Greek for the word Passover.

French: Pâques; Romanian: Paşti; Portugese: Páscoa; Italian: Pasqua; Spanish: Pascua; Faeroese: Páskir; Swedish: Påsk; Icelandic: Páskar; Welsh: Pasg; Norwegian: Påske; Danish: Påske; Dutch: Pasen; Russia: Paskha.

Last edited:
Damian Barrett saying in his column today that Darcy is at least 4 more games away, maybe more. ☹️
Story checks out with current projections.

• 12/Mar = 3-4 weeks
  • 19/Mar = 3 weeks
  • 26/Mar = 2-3 weeks
  • 2/Apr = 2 weeks
  • 9/Apr = 1-2 weeks
  • 16/Apr = 1 week
  • 23/Apr = test
  • 30/Apr = available (for Round 8)

So Darcy won’t be back until the derby?
Why risk him against that rabble? It's one team that Jackson won't get outbodied against in the CBAs.
Its the Bulldogs the week after where Darcy will be more useful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back