Delisted #28: Alastair Lord - Not offered a contract for 2024 - 28/8

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of where he started the year, he was a lot better than Rd 1.

To be fair, he didn't have a great deal of competition for this award
This is what I was thinking and wasn’t Voss injured for part of the year?

Watch list for me but right in the firing line at the end of 2023 for me

I like the idea of what he can do but just not seeing it. Hopefully in year 2 we do see it more as it is a unique skill set.
I can say what I saw was mainly average with a few good quarters here and there. As you say he will need to explode this year to hold his spot. Looked okay the few times he took the game on but it was few and far between.

listed as 181cm but from the limited game play and photos of training he looks no more than 160 and very undersized for any role in a starting 22.

Where do people see Lordy in 3-5 years time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

listed as 181cm but from the limited game play and photos of training he looks no more than 160 and very undersized for any role in a starting 22.

Where do people see Lordy in 3-5 years time?
Personally. Not in an AFL system unless he really finds two levels next year.

Yeah... his height isn't wrong by 20cm.
ahh yeh, my eyes are wrong in alot of ways. I'm saying that 181 seems a bit high to what he looks like besides other players...and it's not as if he "plays tall" with a huge leap and reach. bloke looks undersized for any possible role on an AFL team

Alastair Lord​

18 disposals, five marks

Lord had a pretty good game. Defensively he did some good things and he kept his man quiet. He tried to play the way we play our defence and when he had the chance, he attacked the game.

Alastair Lord

21 disposals, three marks, three tackles

One of his better matches for the club, he has some good moments in defence and his run and carry was back to where we know it can be.

Just not up to VFL level let alone making it at AFL. more than likely delisted at years end. Been a slight incremental improvement but not sure we persist beyond this year
Probably should get a year on the rookie list given how much younger he is but depends who else is retired/delisted.

Alastair Lord

13 disposals, three marks, three tackles

‘Lordy’s' run and carry has been a highlight over the past month. He’s been impressive when we’re attacking and his starting points have been really good, concentrating on being a solid one-on-one player when he has to. He’s putting together a good run and getting more confident in his game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back