2nd Investec Ashes Test, Lord's - Day 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How? He hasn't. Also it was the UAE not pakistan and he struggled on those pitches as well. He's struggled in England repeatedly until now, when he has a flat pitch. Proof is in the pudding.

Ah yes, the series where he made scores of 133, 29, 19 and 58 on spinning wickets, while the entire team put up scores of just 303, 213, 261 and 246.

That sure showed him up as a front runner. Only an average of 59.75 for the series, weak as piss.

Ah yes, the series where he made scores of 133, 29, 19 and 58 on spinning wickets, while the entire team put up scores of just 303, 213, 261 and 246.

That sure showed him up as a front runner. Only an average of 59.75 for the series, weak as piss.
Did you even read a word of what I wrote? Your comprehension is at the level of a 7 year old. He struggled in the UAE. Yes he made that 133, but that was the luckiest century he will ever make in his entire life. He struggled all day against the spinners, many LBW shouts and many edges lucky not to go to hand.

Did you even read a word of what I wrote? Your comprehension is at the level of a 7 year old. He struggled in the UAE. Yes he made that 133, but that was the luckiest century he will ever make in his entire life. He struggled all day against the spinners, many LBW shouts and many edges lucky not to go to hand.

Lucky with the pitches and now lucky with dropped catches and missed lbw's. I guess he has just lucked his way to ~3400 test runs at an average of 47. He should seriously consider buying a lottery ticket.

Lucky with the pitches and now lucky with dropped catches and missed lbw's. I guess he has just lucked his way to ~3400 test runs at an average of 47. He should seriously consider buying a lottery ticket.
It's honestly like talking to a 7 year old. You have no comprehension what so ever do you?

It's honestly like talking to a 7 year old. You have no comprehension what so ever do you?

What point have you made that I haven't comprehended?

That he didn't look impressive in a series where he scored 239 runs at an average of ~60?

You keep saying that the proof is in the pudding, yet the proof you point to doesn't really back up your case.

What point have you made that I haven't comprehended?

That he didn't look impressive in a series where he scored 239 runs at an average of ~60?

You keep saying that the proof is in the pudding, yet the proof you point to doesn't really back up your case.
I've stated it many times. On fast, flat tracks he excels like a one day game. On a pitch where the ball is moving he struggles. The stats back it up. Australia over the last few years has produced nothing but flat tracks for batting (evidenced by the two high scoring draws last year). He can get away with not moving his feet at all because the ball is coming through nice and true. South Africa is very similar in terms of pitches. In England, West Indies and India where the ball moves (swing, seam or spin), he struggles. His average in those 3 countries was (currently just gone above 30 in England) below 30. And that isnt a small sample size either having played 4 or more games in each country.

Proof, pudding.

I've stated it many times. On fast, flat tracks he excels like a one day game. On a pitch where the ball is moving he struggles. The stats back it up. Australia over the last few years has produced nothing but flat tracks for batting (evidenced by the two high scoring draws last year). He can get away with not moving his feet at all because the ball is coming through nice and true. South Africa is very similar in terms of pitches. In England, West Indies and India where the ball moves (swing, seam or spin), he struggles. His average in those 3 countries was (currently just gone above 30 in England) below 30. And that isnt a small sample size either having played 4 or more games in each country.

Proof, pudding.

4 games is a big sample size? He's lifted his career average in England from 24 to 34 in just 2 matches this series. That suggests that 4 really isn't a big sample size.

Any thoughts on his unbeaten 120 against New Zealand on a green top?

Proof, pudding.

:rolleyes:

So who in the country is better credentialled than Warner to open the batting for Australia?

Marsh and Burns are the next cabs off the rank, I think both would do a pretty good job but playing as well as Warner is at the moment? Doubt it.

I like Klinger and Cowan but you'd be taking the piss if you think either would do a better job than what Warner has been doing.

Bancroft has been superb the last season and a half, but international honours should still be a little way off yet.

Let me guess? Callum Ferguson...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give it away troll.

Even with the weather factor if we don't win from here the whole squad need sacking, but in all seriousness were home and hosed on this one, and i would expect us to go on and win the series now by 3 to1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back