Autopsy 2nd Prelim Final - Hawthorn v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it no surprise that we lost today's free kick count 17-21 or that they were kicked SIX resulting from free kicks. You absolute mug!
Did Port get six goals from free kicks?

Port made poor decisions all day regarding playing on, many times they played on under pressure.
Umpires really gave the hawks that momentum swing early in the game though.

What a sensational game, right down to the wire, Port coming from the clouds, showing some real steel, and the Hawks getting through by the skin of their teeth largely thanks to clinical finishing and ruthless exploitation of the slightest opposition mistake.

Fantastic :thumbsu:

Nice post, needs more umpire whinging though.

Yeah we get the picture, you think every Hawthorn free isn't there, and every Port free is. My favourite part of the autopsy thread so far has been your consternation upon realising Hawthorn now have a chance to better Geelong's recent record by trumping them with a back-to-back. Must suck to be a Geelong supporter right now.
For a team making a grand final and back to back chances... Why give a sh%t about a Geelong supporter. Go out and get the job done. I'm rooting for you guys next week.

Thanks for the support from all the other supporters of other neutral clubs today, I know we had some shocking decisions against us near the end there from the umps, but at the end of the day it is what it is.

MiniatureHarshBantamrooster.gif

Hawks so hardly done by the umpiring department

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations Hawthorn. The better team on the day, and when you finish top two, you get the advantage of a home prelim and a week off. Port Adelaide doesn't deal in hypotheticals. Loser teams whinge about free kicks. We didn't take our chances, and you did.

I don't hold much hope for you against Sydney though. You just struggled to beat a team that finished 5th, had to fly over to Subiaco, then fly to Melbourne. Meanwhile Sydney was in cruise mode against a crap North Melbourne.

A win on so many level. One of which is the Geelong tears. have fun watching the grand final build up and then us draw level with your mob on premierships this century. Go Hawks! Great club. Love supporting this team. LOVE!

Lol. You don't have a hope in hell of beating COLA next week. They won't miss so many shots and let you off like Port did tonight. Can't wait to see Buddy boy win the game for Swans and get a 3rd premiership medal. 2012 all over again. Gonna be sweet!

Wish away princess. Meanwhile we will be preparing for our third straight grand final and back to back premierships. Say that out loud to yourself. Yeah it feels as good as it sounds.

I've already experienced 3 straight GFs, 4 in total and 3 flags since 2007. :$

That was paid HTB to Hawthorn right? In a cut throat final?

That is seriously f***ed, Hawks supporters won't admit it but they got a massive rub of the green once again.

'Once again?'

Indeed that call was undeserved, but then again Gibson has his eyes only on the ball and was given a free against - which Monfries scored from starting their charge. It goes both ways.

Anyway, great game. Really surprised Port were able to come home so strong, they really had the Hawks rattled in those last 5 minutes.

Thanks for the support from all the other supporters of other neutral clubs today, I know we had some shocking decisions against us near the end there from the umps, but at the end of the day it is what it is.
It abnormal when so many neutrals are in defence of another team because of the umpiring. But they were woeful! Port were the better team today, didn't finish though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back