30 Prospects to watch for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

James El Moussalli
Essendon VFL /Vic Metro (2015)
Inside Midfielder
Height: 189 cm Weight: 88 kg

The best Victorian prospect tag belongs to this kid. Had to have a shoulder reconstruction after a bad fall early last season, he did not get to play in the carnival for Vic Metro. James was overlooked for the draft but has been very impressive when training with the Essendon seniors. He was very close to being put on their list as a top up player. He is an inside midfielder who can can go forward and has showed everyone that he is a top talent and made everyone take note. James' best talent is his ability to hit the scoreboard from the midfield. He is a beast who already looks like an AFL player. I predict he will be the next Michael Barlow. At the end of the 2015 season it was rumored he trained with an AFL club ( I'm not sure who) so don't be surprised if he is a top 30 prospect.
Interesting name, do you know what his ancestral background is?

James El Moussalli
Essendon VFL /Vic Metro (2015)
Inside Midfielder
Height: 189 cm Weight: 88 kg

The best Victorian prospect tag belongs to this kid. Had to have a shoulder reconstruction after a bad fall early last season, he did not get to play in the carnival for Vic Metro. James was overlooked for the draft but has been very impressive when training with the Essendon seniors. He was very close to being put on their list as a top up player. He is an inside midfielder who can can go forward and has showed everyone that he is a top talent and made everyone take note. James' best talent is his ability to hit the scoreboard from the midfield. He is a beast who already looks like an AFL player. I predict he will be the next Michael Barlow. At the end of the 2015 season it was rumored he trained with an AFL club ( I'm not sure who) so don't be surprised if he is a top 30 prospect.
Oh hi James

Was wondering if anyone knows if the AFL academy are having practice matches like they did last year against Collingwood's VFL team and the Northern Blues? If so when and who they might be against?

Was wondering if anyone knows if the AFL academy are having practice matches like they did last year against Collingwood's VFL team and the Northern Blues? If so when and who they might be against?
They are playing games against the VFL but I'm not sure when.

They're actually just playing against the Carlton Blues this year.

Hey grundog49 any idea on what Nick Dodge plans to do this year?
I don't really know at this point. I assume he will try to play as an overager in the Tasmania u18 team and try his best there. I really liked him last season but I feel he needed to add some versatility to his game and become more of a wingman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really know at this point. I assume he will try to play as an overager in the Tasmania u18 team and try his best there. I really liked him last season but I feel he needed to add some versatility to his game and become more of a wingman.
That's what I was thinking, especially with the Allies concept meaning Div 2 players get more games to impress.

I'm a big fan of Dodge, think if he makes it then it will probably be in a role similar to Mark LeCras.

Great read so far, especially grundog49 love Ya work!!

2016 who are the standout key 'power' forwards ?
& looking towards 2017/2018 any BIG kids coming through loooming as top picks aka no.1's

Cheers in advance

Will Goodard look like making an impact & playing early on in his AFL career?

Goldstein a good comparison ?
Grundy is the best comparison at this stage. He just doesn't cover the ground as much as Goldy does.
Great read so far, especially grundog49 love Ya work!!

2016 who are the standout key 'power' forwards ?
& looking towards 2017/2018 any BIG kids coming through loooming as top picks aka no.1's

Cheers in advance
Luke Strnadica, Josh Battle, Zac Sproule abd Patrick Kerr for this year.

Next years draft is Cody Henness, Connor Ballenden, Toby Wooller and Alex Paech are the talls to look out for. Hunter Clark, Lochie O'Brien and Jack Higgins are the smaller types.

He has just got fitter which means his disposal is better.
He was very unfit last year.
I have loved him for a while now.
If he can keep up this more professional side of field, he will have a great season.
I have always compared him to a luke Hodge type from a early age.
I can't wait to see him in action this year. Looks like he can become a Ben Cunnington type Mid this year.
Bit early grundog49 but who are the likely top prospects for next year?
Lochie O'Brien, Jack Higgins, Hunter Clark and Charlie Spargo are the standouts atm.

I can't wait to see him in action this year. Looks like he can become a Ben Cunnington type Mid this year.

Lochie O'Brien, Jack Higgins, Hunter Clark and Charlie Spargo are the standouts atm.
Spargo will be the first example of academy and father/son clash. I assume the player chooses who he will play for and the bidding goes from there

would absolutely love it if daicos's son is bidded on in the first round and collingwood cant match it for whatever reason becuase they dont have a first round pick this year and they miss out

i wonder if eddie would dare have a whinge about the bidding system if it costs them daicos's son :D:D

Isn't the league reducing the number of games played eligibility?
They haven't yet so I'm sticking with the old rules until new ones come.
would absolutely love it if daicos's son is bidded on in the first round and collingwood cant match it for whatever reason becuase they dont have a first round pick this year and they miss out

i wonder if eddie would dare have a whinge about the bidding system if it costs them daicos's son :D:D
Daicos' son isn't good enough for the second round, let alone the first. It's a Jack Silvangi situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back