Past Nicholas Graham

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, he reminds me of McLean. While I think at his best McLean had more polish but Graham has more time.

McLean may have been the better footballer but Graham is somewhat more aggressive and certainly the better tackler.......evens itself out, I'd say.

McLean may have been the better footballer but Graham is somewhat more aggressive and certainly the better tackler.......evens itself out, I'd say.
Graham has finally been given an opportunity under Barker, this is an oportunity that has been taken by Graham, the transition from the Vfl to seniors has been smooth and his output had been impressive and seamless, one wonders why MM held him back as he has been more than serviceable and played his role to the letter. Just another example of another kid with a lot of upside and willing to play with intent and play a team role and show he belongs. A lot of the upside had come from youngsters such as Cripps, Buckley, Docherty, Menzel and Holman, give the kids a chance and the results speak for themselves.

Graham keen to repay the faith

“It’s been a bit of a rollercoaster for me being in and out of the side, but since Johnny (Barker) has come in he has given me a lot of faith,” Graham said.
“The coaches have put a lot of faith in my game and given me a few games on the trot now, and I think my biggest improvement is going to come with more games under my belt.
“If I just keep that kind of intensity up, and that attitude to want to get better, then hopefully I can cement a spot going into the next half of the year.”

Yeah...........hopefully Nick :)

Nick Graham seems to be the better kick of the ball, with McLean probably still the better user by hand (at this stage)

Watching the replay, it was just so pleasing to see he hit so many targets by foot.

He's a keeper, our Nicky :)

Nick Graham seems to be the better kick of the ball, with McLean probably still the better user by hand (at this stage)
Watching the replay, it was just so pleasing to see he hit so many targets by foot.

He's a keeper, our Nicky :)

McLean was a beautiful kick of the ball. Graham would be behind for now, but not by much.

I have little doubt Graham will get better and the reason is.................because he wants to.

In the 20 odd times I've watched Graham live, I'd say he may have had one poor game. Not bad.

Give the kid time, i have no doubt he will be better than Mclean, past two weeks he hasnt put a foot wrong, quality footballer, sharp hands, gives it his all.
It is beyond me as to why he wasnt played earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really unlucky not to get the Rising star nomination this week.
Was given to Charlie Cameron on the back of an ordinary game. Graham has played well for the last few weeks and could easily have got the nomination this week.

He's definitely a faster mover than McLean. I honestly doubt McLean could beat someone like Sandilands in a foot race, but it did make it all the more impressive how hard he worked and the footy smarts he had, to make an impact.

As for the Rising Star thingy, if he keeps up the form you'd think Graham would get a nom at some point on the back of consistency.

He's definitely a faster mover than McLean. I honestly doubt McLean could beat someone like Sandilands in a foot race, but it did make it all the more impressive how hard he worked and the footy smarts he had, to make an impact.
Brock was a tractor. He was slow alright, but he went all day.

He has a good footy brain--could see it at VFL level and it's good to see he can match it with the seniors too.
He didn't look slow, yesterday, either.

Just like to remind everyone, that Nick won the "Morrish Medal" in the TAC in the year he was selected by us as a late pick in the draft. Now to win a Morrish Medal, you have to have football smarts, and the ability to win the footy, which I think Nick has. Has proven himself at VFL level, but has taken a little more time than expected to adjust to the quicker AFL level. I don't know why Mick wouldn't play him, especially when he was virtually getting BOG every week in the VFL. But Harks has faith in him, and he is showing why he won that medal a few years ago
.http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-06-30/graham-keen-to-repay-the-faith

Just like to remind everyone, that Nick won the "Morrish Medal" in the TAC in the year he was selected by us as a late pick in the draft. Now to win a Morrish Medal, you have to have football smarts, and the ability to win the footy, which I think Nick has. Has proven himself at VFL level, but has taken a little more time than expected to adjust to the quicker AFL level. I don't know why Mick wouldn't play him, especially when he was virtually getting BOG every week in the VFL. But Harks has faith in him, and he is showing why he won that medal a few years ago
.http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-06-30/graham-keen-to-repay-the-faith

Some people get stuck on the weaknesses of some players and don't see beyond that once they've made their minds up.
It won't be all 'up' for Graham as it won't be for any young player but he does have the right on-field attitude towards his work.

We'll have Cripps and Menzel that will have the odd poor games but they'll be excused for a few extra weeks, because they're more talented.
It will always be a battle for Graham until one day...............magic (hard work)..............it's not. :)

I think what has surprised me is his strength. Has laid some serious tackles over his 20 games. He doesnt run through them like Bell but his last few closing paces are deceptively quick and he doesnt lunge and just try to hold on he wraps his arms around them and hits them full body. Hes only going to get stronger too. Doesnt look it above the waist either, seems very strong in the legs and waist. Deceptive.

2015.07.02%20-%20Inside%20Football%20-%20Glossier%20Graham%20indicative%20of%20Carlton%20changes.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back