Retired #34: Andrew Phillips - Retiring at the end of the 2023 season - 8/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I must be watching a different game to the rest of you.
Apart from Flips careless bump last match I thought he has been playing great this year.

He's far better than Bryan has ever played and many times has been on par or better than Draper this year.
I mean, he can't be expected to win every single ruck duel.

Only thing I think has let Flip down is contested marks. But if that's the price to keep his legs fresh and not injured maybe thats just the way it goes.

I liked his competitiveness throughout the game. A few brain fades aside, he was crucial to our grunt work at stoppages and gave 100% all game. He’s been an astute addition to our list to support our young rucks. Better than Matthew Allan

I forgive the high bump. It was just under 2 mins. Bombers had been cruising, and the crows had just closed to 3 goals. Just a moment of "surely it's impossible from here".

The bump was careless but I appreciated that it happened because he was trying to help the team wake up and stop the run on.

If that's medium impact they may aswell can the low impact grading.

If the coaches think having him in gives us a better chance of winning then they have to challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has just equalled the most games he has ever done in an AFL season. I said he wasn’t bankable at the start of the year but they have got more out of him then what I was expecting especially with Drapes going down. I’ll give credit where it’s due.

Has just equalled the most games he has ever done in an AFL season. I said he wasn’t bankable at the start of the year but they have got more out of him then what I was expecting especially with Drapes going down. I’ll give credit where it’s due.

Yes, he was good. Bryan also good, which might be the bigger question around Flipper getting another year.

Yes, he was good. Bryan also good, which might be the bigger question around Flipper getting another year.
Whatever they decide next year he certainly provided that coverage that we needed this year. Considering our No.1 ruck went down and also with a critical development year for Bryan.

No coincidence we looked completely different when Flip started clunking marks.

If only he could do it all game like Gawn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back