Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

images

Will look a bit red faced if they appeal and they get slapped even harder.

My understanding is they could only get a harsher penalty if they brought in an injunction on the decision. Which would also mean they could play now, but, if found guilty (again) there punishment wouldn't be retrospective & would have to miss the next 2 years.
They are not doing that, because they know they're guilty, but, are hoping to clear their name on a technicality in the original trial with ASADA, which would refute the reasoning for WADA to jump in & take action.
Basically saying the players are not guilty but efc is.
I also think WADA can do whatever they want if they believe PEDs are involved, & should kick these bums to the curb. When you think a 15 yr old gymnast got banned for taking a headache pill her coach gave her which contained a banned substance, these blokes are older, have been briefed continually on drugs in sport & still did nothing. Bury them I say!

My understanding is they could only get a harsher penalty if they brought in an injunction on the decision. Which would also mean they could play now, but, if found guilty (again) there punishment wouldn't be retrospective & would have to miss the next 2 years.
They are not doing that, because they know they're guilty, but, are hoping to clear their name on a technicality in the original trial with ASADA, which would refute the reasoning for WADA to jump in & take action.
Basically saying the players are not guilty but efc is.
I also think WADA can do whatever they want if they believe PEDs are involved, & should kick these bums to the curb. When you think a 15 yr old gymnast got banned for taking a headache pill her coach gave her which contained a banned substance, these blokes are older, have been briefed continually on drugs in sport & still did nothing. Bury them I say!

Ings comment was instructive.

FWIW:

Say the Russian officials were on the take and wanted to get their athletes off - so they launch a dodgy trial of their athletes with holes everywhere in the evidence - then surprise, surprise the players get off.

If WADA are only able to launch an appeal to CAS with the Russian Federations dodgy evidence (and no additional/new evidence) what would the outcome be??

Not guilty of course.

To stop "home decisions" by dodgy sports bodies (eg AFL??) they changed the rules to allow WADA to conduct a new trial and introduce proper and complete evidence and not be hamstrung by the deliberate efforts of hometown sports bodies to get their athletes off the hook.

Makes perfect sense to me - and how could anyone have a problem with this?

Except of course those who are guilty and trying to scam their way out of trouble via dodgy/incomplete evidence or technicalities.

Anyone still defending Mick Malthouse?

Now whoring himself to guilty 34.

Malthouse confirmed on Saturday that he had been in conversations with the AFL, the Players Association and one of the ex- or current players about whether he and his long-time fitness lieutenant David Buttifant could provide the suspended players with a structured program that would help prepare them for the 2017 season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The man is free to seek employment wherever someone will pay him.

And if it's not him, the guilty 34 will find somebody else to guide them.

But if I'd just been paid a million dollars a year (?) for the last three years and seen my storied legacy take a bit of a hit, I think there'd be better career choices (or retirement) available.

Edit: what Red Bull said...

I think Sean Connery used that line in The Untouchables ??

I wasn't talking about the headline, I was talking about the Godfather plot in the article.

If there are people out there prepared to pay for what Malthouse & Buttifant offer through their business, good luck to both of them. I imagine they won't come cheap & at the end of the day they will not be offering the type of coaching & fitness training that the players would get at an AFL club, so if the players want to piss their money up against the wall under the delusion that this would have them ready to slot straight back into AFL competition, then I hope they go for it.

Can it just stop already, this became NOT funny a long time ago, the AFL has embarrassed itself on a world stage, Robbo has lost all credibility and the thought of this carrying into another season just makes me want to not follow the game the same way anymore.
The way the AFL have behaved throughout this saga has led to me ceasing to follow the AFL competition. I now follow the Carlton Football Club exclusively. This is why I have spent a lot of time watching the Northern Blues playing & also started attending TAC Cup games in the latter part of last season.

As far as I am concerned, there is only 1 AFL game each week.

The way the AFL have behaved throughout this saga has led to me ceasing to follow the AFL competition. I now follow the Carlton Football Club exclusively. This is why I have spent a lot of time watching the Northern Blues playing & also started attending TAC Cup games in the latter part of last season.

As far as I am concerned, there is only 1 AFL game each week.
When I get back to Melbourne, I am going to be hitting up the Bullants each weekend when they are playing :)

At least Mick can confidently pull out the "explosive animal" line again as it's a fair chance the players have been injected at various stages with tiger liver, lion intestine and gazelle semen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back