Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the Army, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major, who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment. Morale totally destroyed... by pooh-pooh!
image.jpg

You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the Army, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major, who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment. Morale totally destroyed... by pooh-pooh!
Hahahaha I love that quote. It's from the last series of Blackadder and I'm fairly sure Stephen Fry's character says it to either Captain Darling or Blackadder.

A bloke calls JMac a 'List Clogger' and Phillyroo is the tool?

It's not just some bloke....

He, along with quite a few others around here have more right to question and bag players, if he so desires.

You johnny come lately's, fly by nighters, back yard operators have just gone toe to toe with a North Melbourne and big footy legend.

Roosurgence, we all owe you, and if you wanna bag Jmac, feel free, he still remains a dead-set semi fraud in my eyes too, notwithstanding 5 really good quarters in the last 3 weeks.

Flanders pigeon murderer.

Hahahaha I love that quote. It's from the last series of Blackadder and I'm fairly sure Stephen Fry's character says it to either Captain Darling or Blackadder.
Stephen Fry's character, General Melchett.

i3IfafU.gif

Well... he's healthy, has just played the game of his career, has a week to rest up and the remainder of the season to work with.

I'm happy to wait and see what he brings to the table over the next few months.

lol when you start discrediting goals because of what type of goals they were then you really are trying to a put a man down.

Jmac has always been quite a sturdy shot in general play from what I can remember. Wasn't surprised at all they went through.

I think his foot skills go very underrated around here. He kicks very well off both feet. He's kicked plenty of pinpoint passes and is a great shot on goal. His hand passing could use some work but it's come along way. The only fair criticism left these days would be his tackling and being outbodied in marking contests.

Dare say if he wasn't so important to setting up our defensive structures we'd see him play more attacking style footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will get better with more continuity. A few faces are going to be egged but all the better for us.

Dare say if he wasn't so important to setting up our defensive structures we'd see him play more attacking style footy.

Good post DC.

His tackling is his biggest area for improvement. His defensive output has steadily improved, but his tackling is the one area that I haven't noticed a discernible improvement/progression in. He's very hit and miss from week to week.

He's certainly important to the way we structure up from the back half. In saying that, I would love for his primary focus to be a permanent shift to the midfield.

He should be modelling his game on Brad Ebert. Brad's inside game, tackling pressure and intensity inside the contest and work-rate away from the contest (gut running). He's certainly capable of the latter, and has made great strides with his conditioning and two way running. Get his inside game and tackling ability up to a really high standard and he has all the tools to be a very solid footballer.

Not quite, but when the club was on it's knees... some supporters lifted and gave of themselves more than some more recent posters may comprehend.

That is all.
And that's got nothing to do with the validity, or not, of the content of a post whatsoever.

Don't muddy the waters with emotive sentiment.

Being able to use the search function is important.

Emotive facts are still facts.

Roosurgence is a great North man, if he doesn't rate jmac, he doesn't rate Jmac. It's not as if he said he only got chosen in the team because his parents were heavy donors, like some other nameless intolerable oath.

Yet irrelevant to the quality of the content of an unrelated post.

Roosurgence is a great North man, if he doesn't rate jmac, he doesn't rate Jmac.
Absobloodylutley. Doesn't mean that opinion is gospel nor that the poster, because of contributions made, both real and virtual, cannot be questioned on that opinion, nor someone disagree with it.
It's not as if he said he only got chosen in the team because his parents were heavy donors, like some other nameless intolerable oath.
ok-then.gif

You do yourself more harm than good sometimes Arjen.

You really do.

Roosurgence is a great North man, if he doesn't rate jmac, he doesn't rate Jmac. It's not as if he said he only got chosen in the team because his parents were heavy donors, like some other nameless intolerable oath.

I don't understand what you're saying, it doesn't seem to describe a person o_O

oath
əʊθ/
noun
  1. 1.
    a solemn promise, often invoking a divine witness, regarding one's future action or behaviour.
    "they took an oath of allegiance to the king"
    synonyms: vow, sworn statement, promise, pledge, avowal, affirmation,attestation, word of honour, word, bond, guarantee, guaranty;
    archaictroth
    "an oath of allegiance to the king"
  2. 2.
    a profane or offensive expression used to express anger or other strong emotions.
    "he exploded with a mouthful of oaths"
    synonyms: swear word, profanity, expletive, four-letter word, dirty word,obscenity, imprecation, curse, malediction, blasphemy

On the upside, it's nowhere near your worst post :thumbsu:

Even in this thread.

lol when you start discrediting goals because of what type of goals they were then you really are trying to a put a man down.

Jmac has always been quite a sturdy shot in general play from what I can remember. Wasn't surprised at all they went through.

I feel like I've unwittingly signed up to the position of Jmac Lynchmob President which was certainly not my intention. I made it pretty clear I have rated him in the past and that it was a great game.

It's not about discrediting the goals so much as it is about the fact that he has not and likely will not kick 2-3 goals every week and it is important that a game without goals from Jamie is seen as a good game and goals are a bonus - if that makes sense. I want his baseline to be good without them and his games with a couple of goals are seen as brilliant because they add to this baseline.

I think his foot skills go very underrated around here. He kicks very well off both feet. He's kicked plenty of pinpoint passes and is a great shot on goal. .

I remember plenty of shanks off his left and usually in really hurtful areas.

His right is generally fine though and has good penetration. Goal kicking has always been a positive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back