Retired #43: Anthony "Walla" McDonald-Tipungwuti - Will play his last game this weekend - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

were not worthy waynes world GIF

This man brought us so much joy in lean times... Thanks Walla. 😊

So glad he's getting a send off game too.

So many highlights to mention but probably my two favorites were the Norf goal and an obscure moment where he ✌fairly✌ smashed Danger then skedaddled off...
Haha I have been thinking of that one - so good. Thanks for putting that up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This man brought us so much joy in lean times... Thanks Walla. 😊

So glad he's getting a send off game too.

So many highlights to mention but probably my two favorites were the Norf goal and an obscure moment where he ✌fairly✌ smashed Danger then skedaddled off...
I remember Danger doing a radio interview a few days after this hit and he said it was like being hit by concrete

Gone I'm pretty sure.
Think we can be grateful Loonerty went a decade early with this post.

I feel bloody lucky to have been able to watch his career at Essendon from the very beginning in the VFL all the way until Friday night. Just one of the most beloved players ever to play for the club, or in the AFL in general for that matter. A quality human being.

Now to just find a way to keep him involved at the club in the future.

Well done Tippa!!
Finally there might be a reason to watch the game this Friday night.
Was a crowd fave - and he played in the right way. Ref: picking up Whitfield after he smashed him vs GWS.
The 7 vs Brisbane, Selwood tackle - but many others, North goal, Running baulking goal vs the Dees. It goes on and on.
Was a shining light in a fairly dark period for the club.
Best of luck in whatever is next Walla!!

Still one of my favourite Essendon moments ever! Hearing the crowd noise/murmur creeping up, as Walla creeped up on WHE, was amazing - but then the roar when he got him was genuinely incredible. You knew that was game after that.

I was in London on holiday when Walla kicked the winning goal against the Kangas (2019 I believe). Had just got on a ferry on the Thames and decided bugger the roaming charges and watched the last 2 minutes on my phone. My son and I were at the front of this boat screaming as Walla kicked that goal. Everyone else thought we were escaped mental patients or something.

I was in London on holiday when Walla kicked the winning goal against the Kangas (2019 I believe). Had just got on a ferry on the Thames and decided bugger the roaming charges and watched the last 2 minutes on my phone. My son and I were at the front of this boat screaming as Walla kicked that goal. Everyone else thought we were escaped mental patients or something.
to still support essendon you just might be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back